Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Floridaman shoots himself. Doesn't find out til he changes his shirt 3 days later

A Deltona man shot himself while cleaning a handgun but did not discover the bullet hole in his arm until three days later when he changed shirts, Volusia County sheriff's deputies said.

Deputies were called to Florida Hospital Fish Memorial in Orange City on Saturday where Michael Blevins, 37, had checked himself after discovering the bullet wound, investigators said.

Blevins told deputies that on Thursday he was cleaning a .22 caliber pistol in the living room of his Whitewood Drive home, a report stated.

Blevins could not be reached Monday as his voicemail was full.

The Deltona resident told deputies he held the gun against his chest so his dog wouldn’t jump up near it. But as Blevins stood up he felt a sharp pain, causing his back to give out, and he fell face down. Blevins said he heard a loud gunshot and then he hit his face against the edge of a glass coffee table, the report said.

Blevins said he did not feel any pain from the gunshot, possibly because of the medicine he takes for an old back injury, and only felt pain above his left eyebrow that got cut when he hit the table, deputies said.

Blevins said he was wearing a black, long-sleeve shirt and did not notice the injury on his left arm as he went about his normal routine for the next two days.

It was not until the third day on Saturday when Blevins changed into a light brown shirt, which revealed the blood stains, deputies said.

Blevins removed the shirt and noticed an entrance and exit wound on his arm that was barely bleeding at the time because the wound had cauterized, deputies said.

Deputies accompanied Blevins to his home after he was discharged and, after examining the scene, determined Blevins accidentally shot himself, the report concluded.
    http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...0509522/101040
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Zombies are real

10+ Year Old Account
    Best to change your shirt daily, lest you discover you've been shot.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I'm sorry I'm not entirely sure what I just read. He was cleaning his gun, heard gunshot and felt a sharp pain that made him fall onto his coffee table. He then proceeded to not investigate the sharp pain and wore the same shirt over 3 days, without showering. Oh and the wound was still bleeding if only a little bit on the third day. Is this all correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Percocet is a hell of a drug... did he not hear the gun go off? What the fuck?

Why is floridaman doing so many stupid things?

10+ Year Old Account
    Florida Hospital Fish Memorial

What the fuck kind of name is that for a hospital, Florida?

So he was cleaning a loaded gun and didn't change his shirt for 3 days? I'm not sure I want to know anything else beyond this about this guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Florida Hospital Fish Memorial

Wtf kind of name is that for a hospital, Florida?
    Built in memory of all those sharks that died from food poisoning from eating drug mules floating over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm sorry I'm not entirely sure what I just read. He was cleaning his gun, heard gunshot and felt a sharp pain that made him fall onto his coffee table. He then proceeded to not investigate the sharp pain and wore the same shirt over 3 days, without showering. Oh and the wound was still bleeding if only a little bit on the third day. Is this all correct?
    Yes. Why? Floridaman!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm more shocked that he didn't change his shirt for 3 days.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Best to change your shirt daily, lest you discover you've been shot.
    My thoughts precisely. What a dirty man.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When do we get the Florida Man movie?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

didnt wash his ass for 2 days

At least we found Floridaman's superpower (other than super-stupidity, that is), pain immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    didnt wash his ass for 2 days

Maybe he takes a bath without taking his shirt off? This is Floridaman we're talking about, so don't want to put any more thought than that into it. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    When do we get the Florida Man movie?

Didn't you hear, they did film it, but Floridawoman forgot to put a tape into the Betamax Video Recorder.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    Because he's Florida man.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    Florida has a law that requires their government to be completely transparent and openly publish all police actions and arrest records. If the rest of the US had the same law, you'd see "Floridaman" in every state.

As for the topic: Dude's medication is terrifying. His medication is so crazy that a) he can't stand up without sometimes falling over, and b) he didn't even notice a bullet wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    At least we found Floridaman's superpower (other than super-stupidity, that is), pain immunity.
    he wasnt immune to pain, he was just on some awesome drugs lol

Deleted
    yeah so why didn't he change his shirt for 3 days?

filthy floridaman!

Florida Man is clearly training for his next big battle and has become immune to such small caliber weapons; next phase of his training will in becoming immune to .380 and 9mm rounds.