Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm sorry but there absolutely no reason why transmog is wrong / disadvantage / should be removed.

Its an optional feature that doesn't give anyone any sort of advantage, - some people will argue in pvp, people using high end pvp gear but appearing to be a fresh level 100 in shit gear. I only have one thing to say, serves you right for specifically picking out easy targets for easy kills.

Judging someone if they are good or not based on appearance is terrible, lets say we remove x mog, there will still be people who are in heroic / mythic gear who get carried, run in places by friends, pay for third party company to raid for them etc. Counter side to this, if you see someone x mogged in full T3 or corrupted ashbringer wanting in on your raid, in my opinion, thats a pretty safe bet, that, that person is decent (regardless BMAH). Furthermore, you could just not be lazy and check the amoury for their history, like we did in
    good old days of wow
    Moving on, You say we can equip the gear we like to walk around in, yes we could, but if you remember those good old days, we used to carry mounts, different amour, pets, junk, quest gear, potions, foods, and you were lucky if you had 4 nether weave bags. Granted now we have huge bags, and items each expansion are getting less and less to carry (slot wise) but I don't want to carry a set of amour that I want to sit in while Im not raiding.

Anyways to actually say why I do transmog - its the only thing I enjoy in game now, kind of. I'm grinding down gold and legenderies in game through older raids. If your like me and run DS, FL, BOT, Kara, BT, SoO (the usuals) a few times each week, it really gets boring, really quickly, especially when you get what you want (for example I now have both glaives on my dk, its killed my motivation to do it on my monk). But if I look at my x mog list and I have items I want in each of these places, its not to bad. Lets take BT for example, I want the glaives on my monk yes, but I also now want the VoS and the white staff. The thought of the place having more than one item for me actually makes me want to keep going

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    The game world is an user interface
    Flashing news: That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

The game world is a user interface in the same way a movie frame is a play button. Lmfao. Pls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    Thinking about a time without transmog always reminds me of this old picture.
    I like transmog. Can't imagine it being gone. Would also completely remove any reason to run old dungeons or raids besides the odd mount drop. Hunting and completing transmog sets is a fun activity

Also, for PvE e-peen you could always use that fancy Mythic title to show your 'skill'. And for PVP, shouldn't you always assume your opponent is highly skilled before engaging them?

Yes it's a truly epic picture imo, but does it matter if the armor looks like shit if you got it from a more powerful source of enemies?
    Anyway, we've had timewalking dungeons as a clear example of what blizzard is able to do with old dungeons & ofcourse raids in time. So if you wish to wander them again they should make them scale to ur proper level and so that they can be re experienced how many times u want.
    Let's just hope it wont be an weekly event again..

I'm not aware of any downsides Transmog has had on the game, especially with Personal Loot solving many of the "oh, nice looking gear, I need it" potential problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Yes it is.
    Point out what makes it an MMORPG then.

Here's the short Wikipedia definition.

"Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) are a combination of role-playing video games and massively multiplayer online games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a world. This means that MMORPGs are online games where a player is able to play with other people all around the world."

Please tell me where sitting in a Garrison and being instantly teleported to every piece of relevant content in the game fits ANY of that definition.

Because that's the game right now, in case you haven't noticed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Flashing news: That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

The game world is a user interface in the same way a movie frame is a play button. Lmfao. Pls.
    No. A movie is a screen with moving images. A game world is a screen with moving images with a user interface on top of it.

Transmog was one of the things added in patch 4.3, the "please stop leaving our game" patch, that stopped the sub losses caused by an expansion of Blizzard telling casuals they either had to become hardcore or fuck off.

To say it's responsible for sub losses is fucking idiotic.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Flashing news : The game world is an user interface
    Yeah. Whether you open up a menu and see that a person is wearing an item that dropped off Gruul mythic mode or you see it on the model and know or might not know that it dropped off Gruul mythic mode doesn't make any change except for in the mind of those looking to complain.

It's amusing, as an RPer, to be lectured about "immersion" in fundamentally non-immersive activities.

You're just salty.
    "x feature I like got removed/x feature I didn't like got added. Therefore WoW is no no longer an MMO even though it objectively still is.".

Yup.

Simple solution to your problem. Look at yourself and what YOU achieved and not at other people.

Play the game for your achievements (not the ingame ones).

Yes it is.
    It's actually not.

But not in the way Ishayu thinks.

Whether WoW is an MMORPG or not is not an opinion.

It's fact that it is an MMORPG.

Deleted
    in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a world.
    Have you seen a player in front of you at any time playing the game? Congratulations. You interacted with other players.

Just because you sit in your garrison all the time doesn't mean everyone does. And what do you think dungeons and raids are? Are those npc running around with you tanking and healing? No. In that case it is an MMO.

As for the RPG part. You are playing the role of an orc warlock. Are you an orc warlock in real life? In that case you are roleplaying.

The anount of nay sayers show exactly what you said OP. You can't remove transmog from the game. People want their epic looking gear. The outrage would be huge if you took that away from them.

I'm with you 100% though. I think, overall, transmog is bad for the game.

Here's the short Wikipedia definition.

"Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) are a combination of role-playing video games and massively multiplayer online games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a world. This means that MMORPGs are online games where a player is able to play with other people all around the world."

Please tell me where sitting in a Garrison and being instantly teleported to every piece of relevant content in the game fits ANY of that definition.

Because that's the game right now, in case you haven't noticed.
    I already answered you, but keep ignoring thing you dislike. WoW isn't ONLY garrison. Also you cannot be teleported to CM or raid without players interaction. Unless you're a tryhard who only do LFR and complain how the game is easy with no content

WoW have RPG elements, like it or not.
    Yes, a slight few; but they keep being eroded. From levelling to gearing to utility spells that aren't necessarily useful outside combat to trade skills and professions. Even Reputations were on the chopping block.

WoW's character panel in Legion literally has 7 stats on it. That's it.

WoW have a very large number of players.
    Used to*. There's literally noone online.

They interact with one another in the world, like it or not.
    No they don't; they're all in their garrison or in LFR (instances aren't the open world)

Teleporting is interacting, instance is interacting even when nobody talk, pvp is interacting, battle pet is also interacting.
    Teleporting is literally DEFINED AS moving between points without interacting with anything on the way.

You're just salty.
    Sure. I'm pretty salty about losing a game I loved to people making complaints about it who don't understand ANYTHING about the genre they're commenting on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's actually not.
    Yeah, I realized my mistake after I posted it, but in Ishayu's mind it is a fact that it's not an MMORPG so he's still wrong.

Yeah, I realized my mistake after I posted it, but in Ishayu's mind it is a fact that it's not an MMORPG so he's still wrong.
    I'm just teasing. :P

5 millions persons disagree with you.

And for the rest, you're grasping at straws, not EVERYONE sits in their garrisons, not EVERYONE does LFR (I don't), Teleporting is interacting, you had to be teleported by PLAYERS at the meeting stone or by a Warlock. Again I don't speak about LFR.

Not liking the game and being dishonest is two thing unrelated. You're just overexagerating things

Sure. I'm pretty salty about losing a game I loved to people making complaints about it who don't understand ANYTHING about the genre they're commenting on.
    Like yourself?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Transmog came out after the drops had already happened. The issue with cata sub drops was down to raids and dungeons being too hard.
    Do you mean Recruit a friend bonus, Character boosts, Scroll of ressurection, Exp bonuses, Heirlooms, Shortcuts through the game-> things that rewards players that puts no effort into the game wich in theory means players who gets a hard boss served on the table they simply give up because they never even cared about time and effort in the first place but only rewards? If that's the case then i totally agree with you. Because i sure as hell was wiping alot in TBC heroics, such as WOTLK heroics aswell when they were new . As i remember it i was having a really good time in all these x3 expansions when it came to dungeons.

Edit: I also see transmog as a way of boosting ur characters visual power as an shortcut in the game that requires no effort wich also applies the same affect-> Lazy spoiled players.
    Last edited by mmoc076f38fabd; 2016-05-10 at 10:12 AM.

Deleted
    WoW's character panel in Legion literally has 7 stats on it. That's it.
    So? Is it more of a roleplaying game if a wizard knows he has 12 points in strenght?

That is factually wrong.

No they don't; they're all in their garrison or in LFR (instances aren't the open world)
    LFR is 10-30 players interacting like it or not. And no not all of them are there, just because that's all you see.

Teleporting is literally DEFINED AS moving between points without interacting with anything on the way.
    So a mage opening a portal fo you is not roleplaying and iteracting? And once you are in the dungeon do you not interact with 4 other players?