Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Algebra, the scientific method, geometry, the law of sines, calculus, astronomy, biology. You presume that enlightened Europe would have discovered them after, which they probably would have, but how long after? Traditional 18th century "enlightenment"? That's literally 800 years later. It took until the 16th century for François Viète to improve upon algebra. That's 500 years later. It's silly to assume that we'd catch up. We already know what the dark ages did to scientific development. By the way, the one you didn't mention - algorithms - That's a junior level college course. Not exactly easy.

It's entirely silly to compare what we teach to 10 year olds now. We teach 10 year olds science that wasn't even around from the enlightenment, too. Do you think William Gilbert (16th century European), who discovered most of the properties of electricity, and is known as the "founder of the electrical science" should be similarly dismissed because we teach electricity to 10 year olds now?
    They definitely didn't invent calculus. That was with Leibniz and Newton. Advancing "biology" doesn't mean anything significant. If I was the first person to write down in a book "grass is green" I would have advanced biology too. As for algorithms, I'm sure in a computer science framework there's a lot to be taught far beyond the basic idea of an algorithm. An algorithm is just a procedure. I.e. to post on MMO champ open your browser, select a threat, click reply, type something, then hit post. That's all an algorithm is, a common sense idea someone formalized in literature.

If it's simple enough to teach to a 10 year old, it's not really an impressive intellectual achievement. Lots of things are important, but their discovery isn't a great feat of accomplishment. Burning hydrocarbons has been essential in the industrial revolution, yet we don't call the first person to make a fire a genius. The point is that simple discoveries, although potentially important, are not the hallmark of a great civilization. A great civilization would accomplish things over civilizations would fail to do, and I don't see that coming out of the islamic golden era.

Deleted
    But he can visit any ME country he likes.

I'm pretty sure what he is trying to say is, that he won't *want* to visit the US if Trump wins. And I can fully agree with that sentiment.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    That's really sad. Mayor of one of the most important cities in the world and he is banned from visiting the U.S.
    This racist and xenophobic policy is no good.
    SO FUCKING WHAT?! The UK wants to ban Trump from entering it's country, and he is not even President. Fuck the Mayor of Londinstan.

It is not racist - MUSLIM IS NOT A FUCKING RACE! I am so completely tired of the idiotic Left-Wing/Progressives that call a religion a race - MUSLIM IS NOT A FUCKING RACE!!!!

It is not xenophobic - he will not ban people specifically for being foreigners, he will ban them based on a religion, regardless of their country of origin.

I am also completely tired of pointing this out, but people continue to REFUSE to accept the truth: If Donald Trump becomes President he can ban ANY IMMIGRANT HE FUCKING PLEASES FROM ENTERING THE COUNTRY - INCLUDING MUSLIMS! The law already exists and he DOES NOT need approval from Congress or the SCOTUS.

Read the law and quit posting all this bullshit rhetoric saying that the he cannot ban Muslims - HE ABSOLUTELY CAN!!!

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Here is the specific section granting him the power. STOP trying to debate this - it is a moot point.

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.
    Get that? ANY CLASS OF ALIENS!!! Can it be any more clear?
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2016-05-11 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    SO FUCKING WHAT?! The UK wants to ban Trump from entering it's country, and he is not even President. Fuck the Mayor of Londinstan.

It is not racist - MUSLIM IS NOT A FUCKING RACE! I am so completely tired of the idiotic Left-Wing/Progressives that call a religion a race - MUSLIM IS NOT A FUCKING RACE!!!!

It is not xenophobic - he will not ban people specifically for being foreigners, he will ban them based on a religion, regardless of their country of origin.

I am also completely tired of pointing this out, but people continue to REFUSE to accept the truth: If Donald Trump becomes President he can ban ANY IMMIGRANT HE FUCKING PLEASES FROM ENTERING THE COUNTRY - INCLUDING MUSLIMS! The law already exists and he DOES NOT need approval from Congress or the SCOTUS.

Read the law and quit posting all this bullshit rhetoric saying that the he cannot ban Muslims - HE ABSOLUTELY CAN!!!

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Here is the specific section granting him the power. STOP trying to debate this - it is a moot point.

Get that? ANY CLASS OF ALIENS!!! Can it be any more clear?
    Did you know that the Qu'ran supports the notion that you lie about your religion if you need to? They say if you're discriminated, you can just say you're Christian and it won't make you non-Muslim, you'll still be on the good side of the book. Now, any honest Muslim wouldn't think it necessary to do that. Or perhaps some, let's be fair. But you can bet your sweet ass that the EVIL Muslims are the first to lie about their religion to get past this restriction.

So, while I found your insight into legislation interesting, I don't see the practical use of it. But then, I don't think Drumpf thinks for more than it takes him to take breath to speak the next sentence when he says these things.

Edit: Come to think of it. If I was a radical Muslim terror organisation leader, I'd pray that Drumpf gets into office and implements this rule. Only to embarass him later by sending a dozen or so people in to bomb shit. It doesn't even need to be dramatic, just to let everyone know just how stupid Drumpf really is and how far removed from reality his ideas are.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

LOL I think Khans forgotten that there was even a fatwa put on his own life and he had to have police protection for a while to stop people murdering him, just because of some of his more western views.

Stopping all Muslim immigration is a dumb reactionary move, but working out a way to do better security and background checks for people doesn't seem too ridiculous an idea. Lets be honest, we have no idea who the fuck is or isn't in Europe anymore. Half the ISIS army could have come over pretending to be refugees and we'd be none the wiser.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    But.....he is right.

If a contract/term doesn't get renewed after it expires you are simply fired.
    That is not being fired, you can't get fired from a job you don't have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
    And while the number of Jews and Christians in London has actually decreased from 2001 to 2011,
    guess what the only religion is that's increased by 50% in that time? Yup! Islam.
    Sure, but the Muslim population is still only about 12%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Ignoring the White comments are we now?
    Well if you want to represent the population only 8 of 13 seats should be held by people with white skin, since "only" 60% of London's population is white.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b016f3789646bd
    That's really sad. Mayor of one of the most important cities in the world and he is banned from visiting the U.S.
    This racist and xenophobic policy is no good.
    What's sad is he's in such a powerful position and hasn't rallied his religion to denounce the hateful rhetoric openly.

Let me see him on air draw a picture of Mohammed and then maybe I'll take your post seriously.

Deleted
    Imagine the problems when the UK get's its first Muslim PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    I'm pretty sure what he is trying to say is, that he won't *want* to visit the US if Trump wins. And I can fully agree with that sentiment.
    And I can fully agree with his decision not to come here. I just wish millions more would do the same. Because too many times, they over stay their welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    What's sad is he's in such a powerful position and hasn't rallied his religion to denounce the hateful rhetoric openly.

Let me see him on air draw a picture of Mohammed and then maybe I'll take your post seriously.
    He's a political leader, not a religious leader, he has expressed a number of views that have got him in trouble with extremist Muslims, e.g. acceptance of gay marriage.

And why would he want to draw a picture of Mohammed? Would you expect a Christian politician to do spit on the Bible to distance themselves from Christian extremists?

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Uhh the president DOES have the authority to deny people entry into the US.

Seriously, if you're going to shitpost at least know how our country works.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-t...tally-illegal/

While some may have viewed the president's reaction as insufficient to meet the threat posed by terrorism, Trump's proposal appears to be an overreach which is largely inconsistent with U.S. practices, law and precedent.

In your own words - Seriously, if you're going to shitpost at least know how our country works

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Imagine the problems when the UK get's its first Muslim PM.
    That is not likely to happen anytime soon, Sadiq Khan is the most likely candidate for that, but what problems do you envisage? Considering that we are a Parliamentary democracy and any legislation would need the backing of Westminster, their religion would be a personal issue for them, just as it has been for all Prime Ministers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    ...he has expressed a number of views that have got him in trouble with extremist Muslims, e.g. acceptance of gay marriage.
    "extremist"? Gay marriage is illegal in pretty much every Muslim nation; in a lot of which it's still punishable by death. His views on the acceptance of homosexuality go against the views of even the majority of Muslims living in Britain. (according to most recent surveys anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

Khans actually had a fatwa on him and been declared by many imams as a non-muslim for voting "Yes" towards same sex marriage. This is a pretty HUGE deal given the above that I was talking about; and the threat to his life shouldn't be taken entirely lightly. It's people having the guts to stand up for things like this that they believe in that can help inspire other people in the religions.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2016-05-11 at 12:21 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I think a better policy would just be to not allow ANY religious people in. Lets be fair at least and ban ALL people who believe in magic and fairy tales.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    That is not being fired, you can't get fired from a job you don't have.
    You had the job....then they say "Yeah we're not renewing".
    Then you no longer have a job.
    They tell you to leave.
    You won't get payed anymore.

You're fired.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-t...tally-illegal/

While some may have viewed the president's reaction as insufficient to meet the threat posed by terrorism, Trump's proposal appears to be an overreach which is largely inconsistent with U.S. practices, law and precedent.

In your own words - Seriously, if you're going to shitpost at least know how our country works
    Laws , accepted practices, precedents can be created and changed. Of course he cannot just on his own put a stop to visits. He could try a executive order based on what he considers a immediate threat to the public, but how much any president can accomplish is based primary on the support they have in the senate and congress. Not sure how accurate it was, but I did see a poll once which said the majority of Americans supported his temporary ban idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    "extremist"? Gay marriage is illegal in pretty much every Muslim nation; in a lot of which it's still punishable by death. His views on the acceptance of homosexuality go against the views of even the majority of Muslims living in Britain. (according to most recent surveys anyway).
    It's illegal or not recognized in most countries on the earth.
    Last edited by Katie N; 2016-05-11 at 12:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I doubt it is the moderate Muslims in Britain sending him death threats, generally if you send threats then you fail on the moderate part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    You had the job....then they say "Yeah we're not renewing".
    Then you no longer have a job.
    They tell you to leave.
    You won't get payed anymore.

You're fired.
    It isn't a renewal of contract issue, it is a selection process. The mayor gets to choose 16 people, they can be people who have served previously, or not, but nobody is fired.

It is more like when a new Prime Minister selects a cabinet, you wouldn't say the outgoing cabinet ministers of a previous regime are fired, that is not how the word is used in English.