Thread: Ok I admit it.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ok I admit it.

I am one of those people who thought Overwatch was fun, but couldn't really see the big deal.

Now I am wishing I could play it right now.

I don't know if this is a result of afternoon boredom and no other games to play or me just coming to the realization the game may be worth $40

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I am one of those people who thought Overwatch was fun, but couldn't really see the big deal.

I don't know if this is a result of afternoon boredom and no other games to play or me just coming to the realization the game may be worth $40
    I may be a fan boy at this point, but I am definitely bored without Overwatch!

The game created a very specific need, one that scratches the intensity of FPS's and the strategy of synchronizing and negating ability usage in Moba's.

Being said, I don't think a lot of people making a big deal about it is necessarily intrinsic to the game. Division was the same way, lots of hype and it didn't really deliver. However with Overwatch being PvP only and basically already playing the game I think this is less likely to happen. More importantly I want to clarify for me, the hype is the games character. Do not get me wrong, tf2 and other hero based shooters are fun, but Overwatch as another level of character and passion I can't quite put my thumb on. I also think the mechanics are decently refreshing.

tl;dr I think you are definitely right, for some people this was another solid fps with newer/well done mechanics. However I think personally the reason I love Overwatch and am bored without it is the character and depth of the game
    Last edited by DejaWu; 2016-05-12 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Forgot quote! :(

I want to open lootcrates damnit!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I didn't like it at first, but I kept going back, and now I find myself thinking about match tactics, and watching videos.

Yeah at first I was like, "This is a game you play once in a while as it has short matches and lots of action." but now I am like, "I want to play this game when ever I get the chance!", That is how I played the original TF game, spent so much time in it I went from scrub noob to a player who could in a TF soccer match keep 3 teams out of his base by myself and never get killed once, 128 kills and 0 deaths. They accused me of hax and someone death spectated to confirm that I was legit as I was constantly taking damage but kept returning to ammo and health packs to survive.

I invested way too much time in it because I enjoyed it that much, same with OW.

my main game since it came out has been Rainbow Six. I really didn't enjoy Overwatch at first, I have bought battleborn, I'm in betas for paragon/paladins and other such things.. and yeah, it took a while to click. I kept having awful games with no tanks or no sups just overall bad! then people started to get a little more clued in.

and my opinion completely changed. found myself playing this as much as poss, I've always had a knack for accuracy, and I fell fast in love with Widowmaker. picked it up. I was very pleased.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

2 friggin weeks! UGH! I so wish it was next week it was out. Withdrawal symptoms bad man..

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was "okay" when I played around solo... but when my friends came online and we started playing as 3-6 man premades on voice-comms with proper team-comps the game just became amazingly fun to play.

Will definitely play a ton as long as my friends do

Though I'm kinda thinking I might have kinda been carried cause half of them are like Global Elites in CS:GO and I haven't played an FPS seriously in at least 10 years :P But thankfully tanking/supporting is fun in this game so I can still contribute even if I don't have god-like aim like they do!

I tried to not play as much during the open beta so I wouldn't feel the void in the two weeks up to release. Didn't work. I need it!

Deleted
    I am that person that orders WoW collector's editions as soon as the game gets announced. Overwatch on the other hand didn't quite interest me. I don't like shooters at all. I had the chance to play it at Gamescom and Blizzcon last year, but I thought it wasn't worth standing in a 30 minute queue for. I did try the early access, and frankly, I love the game. I just went to my PC thinking "Let's play some Overwatch while bf is at work!". Well, nope

Deleted
    I live for Overwatch and the wait until release is killing me, I can't wait, I need my bae Tracer and my boy McCree!

I didn't play it because its not worth wasting your time since all your progress will be reset once the game is live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    I didn't play it because its not worth wasting your time since all your progress will be reset once the game is live.
    What about just playing for fun?

I went into the Beta already pre-ordering it just wanting to play with friends. All my friend only got to around lvl 21 I was pushing lvl 42 when the Open beta ended. I put in hours on that beta so yeah I'm missing the hell out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    What about fun or just learning some of the games mechanics so you don't suck ballz when it comes out. It does a bit to learn all the classes.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am one of those people who thought Overwatch was fun,but not my type.

well thats me with few tweaks

Yeah it feels like a better TF2 to me. Super fun to play with friends. I enjoy the competitive aspect as well but it seems like all the best characters have the least counterplay which is a little annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DejaWu View Post
    tl;dr I think you are definitely right, for some people this was another solid fps with newer/well done mechanics. However I think personally the reason I love Overwatch and am bored without it is the character and depth of the game
    The game isn't all that deep, and I find that's one if its strengths. You don't need a degree in it to play it, allowing more people to get into, and keeping the game alive.

By extention something like Battlefield is massively stronger on depth, but its harder to get into and to play "well".

You know, atleast in my opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    the game hooked me so hard..... i cant wait to get my hands back on tracer and symmetra! I NEED MY BABES!!!!

Formerly known as Arafal

Overwatch rose from the ashes of project titan.

Project titan is what killed/crippled wow.

so by extension...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Overwatch rose from the ashes of project titan.

Project titan is what killed/crippled wow.

so by extension...
    Has really about nothing to do with the current topic o.O

I can't wait for the game to come out and start playing again
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?