Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If you are worried about money, this will actually reduce the health cost in time, as people doing this operation will be less likely to need other treatments (which will only get more expensive) in the future, so you should be supporting this.

Also, if this starts a real conversation about obesity, one that is not dominated by body positivity lunatics, that will be actually a great step in the right direction to face obesity as a health issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Pretty sure Tennisace is a self hating fatbro. Don't worry mang been there, done that. You get over it eventually and learn to worry about yourself and stop stressing out over 1/35043540958495 of your dollars going towards healthcare.
    Indeed. It sounds like projecting to me. Pretty sure he uses a walker and has a auto lift into his van.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

As someone who has undergone WLS very recently in the UK. It's extremely expensive, but life saving. I've dropped a ton of weight. My mental health issues have gotten better, almost to the point where I'm okay 90% of the time. And no, I didn't get it on the NHS, I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford such an expensive surgery but there as people who can't, albeit, it's going to be a drain on my bank account for the next 5 years.

And unless you've ever been this big, or been in this kind of situation you will never be able to understand and it's extremely easy to just say "lose the weight yourself", "don't take the easy way out", "wow you're so lazy getting surgery".

I could do a 50 paragraph letter about it, but it seems to just go through peoples heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Indeed. It sounds like projecting to me. Pretty sure he uses a walker and has a auto lift into his van.
    Lmao feel free to think what you want. I assure you I am nowhere near obese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Lmao feel free to think what you want. I assure you I am nowhere near obese.
    Bull. Don't lie to us fattie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tennis always ignores people that point out his bullshit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Cool, So if we all call out his B.S. he will eventually not see the majority of posts.

I mean reducing overall obesity would surely reduce the amount of money spent on treating obese patients in the long run no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Of course, else he'd have to stop posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    I mean reducing overall obesity would surely reduce the amount of money spent on treating obese patients in the long run no?
    Only way you can do that is through education (which we do) or creating laws that prevent people from buying garbage food and mandating that they get X amount of exercise in any given week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    As someone who has undergone WLS very recently in the UK. It's extremely expensive, but life saving. I've dropped a ton of weight. My mental health issues have gotten better, almost to the point where I'm okay 90% of the time. And no, I didn't get it on the NHS, I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford such an expensive surgery but there as people who can't, albeit, it's going to be a drain on my bank account for the next 5 years.

And unless you've ever been this big, or been in this kind of situation you will never be able to understand and it's extremely easy to just say "lose the weight yourself", "don't take the easy way out", "wow you're so lazy getting surgery".

I could do a 50 paragraph letter about it, but it seems to just go through peoples heads.
    They'll only counter with "Why did you get fat in the first place?" As if that matters in the slightest since its in the past and cannot be changed for individuals already at the point of morbid obesity. You can advise the newer generations but the people currently suffering need help and support not ridicule and hate.

Well you can change it but if you're at the point where you need to go to a hospital for your weight problems then its most likely too late or you don't have the time left on earth to reverse the damage. WLS is a life saver there is no doubt.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Only way you can do that is through education (which we do) or creating laws that prevent people from buying garbage food and mandating that they get X amount of exercise in any given week.
    Oh god, I'd love to see that....

Police officer: "You only had 5 hours of exercise this week out of the legal mandated 8 hours, we are arresting you"

Why the heck waste money on an operation when they could 'easily' lose it through dieting and exercise...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Oh god, I'd love to see that....

Police officer: "You only had 5 hours of exercise this week out of the legal mandated 8 hours, we are arresting you"
    They'd have to employ a lot more old bill in Scotland if they are going to arrest people for unhealthy eating and making Hitler pug videos.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Why the heck waste money on an operation when they could 'easily' lose it through dieting and exercise...
    If this isn't satire. I "wasted" £17,500 on an operation. Yes it's easy to "lose it" but there's a whole plethora of other problems in obese people beyond just eating the wrong things.
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

If this isn't satire. I "wasted" £17,500 on an operation. Yes it's easy to "lose it" but there's a whole plethora of other problems in obese people beyond just eating the wrong things.
    Okay, so they get an operation... 2 years later they're back to being at square one again. My point was an operation isn't the answer...

Okay, so they get an operation... 2 years later they're back to being at square one again. My point was an operation isn't the answer...
    Implying every person who gets WLS puts the weight back on. Yes it's not a miracle, yes you have to work for it still. But it's a giant crutch that gives a massive kick start. I won't go into my story, or my mothers, or the 3 other people who I've known to have had WLS and are huge success's and haven't gained any weight and are completely different people. All I'll say is you're wrong and you're being very ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yes the key is after the surgery to keep up with the good habits to keep weight off. Not everyone will but the vast majority will when they lose the weight after being obese for so long that they never want to go back.

Deleted
    Well the article does mention, "The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice) has recommended that surgery should be considered for people with severe obesity who have tried all other means to lose weight without success. They have to be committed to changing their lifestyles and eating habits so they can adapt to the very restricted diet they will be able to eat for the rest of their lives. The surgeons calculate that 2.6 million people in the UK would meet these criteria."

I think the plan is a little more extensive than just throwing people on the operation table like a conveyor belt factory

Implying every person who gets WLS puts the weight back on. Yes it's not a miracle, yes you have to work for it still. But it's a giant crutch that gives a massive kick start. I won't go into my story, or my mothers, or the 3 other people who I've known to have had WLS and are huge success's and haven't gained any weight and are completely different people. All I'll say is you're wrong and you're being very ignorant.
    Good for you, mean while a lot of others would be going back to being fat if they don't change their habits... thinking exactly that an operation would miraculously fix them.

Your lil anecdote doesn't make your belief fact.

Good for you, mean while a lot of others would be going back to being fat if they don't change their habits... thinking exactly that an operation would miraculously fix them.

Your lil anecdote doesn't make your belief fact.
    Neither does yours