Page 66 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    i dont get it shoudnt get the people who get mythic clear and the high end pvp guys beta keys first ? also i got some guys in my guild who got keys but since only i few of us got them they dont go in beta since they have almost noone to play with :/
    I know at one point they did do a wave for most people who killed Archimonde Mythic before a cut off point. They're obviously going to invite the high end arena guys, major community members, press, and major streamers as well (even if the latter few are more press rather than actual feedback). After that you've got your random people they invite to try and get a wide perspective on what's there and being tested.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Is there a new build for beta or is it just the same build we had at the end of alpha? I guess what I'm asking is will there be any tuning changes from Monday to today?
    I don't think they've said for sure. I assumed that mini patch we got earlier in the week was the "beta" prep patch, but they might have thrown in another one during the server downtime too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Probably have to wait for patch notes to see to be honest. Everyone who was already in alpha got in I'm assuming?
    Yes. Alpha testers keep access.

Deleted
    Probably have to wait for patch notes to see to be honest. Everyone who was already in alpha got in I'm assuming?
    Yes, and servers are up (except for the PvP one). Keep in mind the battle.net launcher still says Legion: Alpha, but don't let that stop you. If you load in and you have the new green legion login menu, you've got the correct version. Just create a new character and it will be 100 (don't copy, it doesn't work and will just get you stuck on the screen).

I know at one point they did do a wave for most people who killed Archimonde Mythic before a cut off point. They're obviously going to invite the high end arena guys, major community members, press, and major streamers as well (even if the latter few are more press rather than actual feedback). After that you've got your random people they invite to try and get a wide perspective on what's there and being tested.
    The cut off was a mythic archi kill before Jan 1st. I missed it but like 2 weeks, I was pretty upset since my entire guild has invites with the exception of myself and like two others. Just hoping I get an invite at some point before the pre-patch hits because my group is in for a rough raid night otherwise LOL.
    Druid Armory: Furlesque - STK

Everything looks the same as the last build.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TubbyCubby View Post
    The cut off was a mythic archi kill before Jan 1st. I missed it but like 2 weeks, I was pretty upset since my entire guild has invites with the exception of myself and like two others. Just hoping I get an invite at some point before the pre-patch hits because my group is in for a rough raid night otherwise LOL.
    I have a feeling everyone is going to be overpowered as shit with the pre-patch, like every other pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    I have a feeling everyone is going to be overpowered as shit with the pre-patch, like every other pre-patch.
    God i still remember holy nova in the wod prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    God i still remember holy nova in the wod prepatch.
    Multistrike is getting converted into another secondary that probably isn't on the item already, Bonus Armor is becoming Versatility, and Haste has a massive effect until we hit 101.

It's going to be pretty raw.

7+ Year Old Account
    bah i hope versality at last gets a little buff for tank specs

10+ Year Old Account
    Was wondering about the new mastery. You could turn your back against an enemy, and get 100% dodge for certain attack that way. So if there ever was some stupid thing like "every 6th AA of this boss does 5x damage", or mannoroth glaive thing, it could be useful to cheese it by turning around and getting stacks for 100% dodge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Multistrike is getting converted into another secondary that probably isn't on the item already, Bonus Armor is becoming Versatility, and Haste has a massive effect until we hit 101.

It's going to be pretty raw.
    Raid bosses are going to be savagely savagely nerfed by comparison to current. Much moreso than in previous expansions, because their masterplan for tanking involves tripling our baseline hp at 101.

I hope so. I am just worried that I will have like an hour to sorta get used to the changes before killing manno/archi when the rest of my guild had the entire alpha and beta runs to do so.
    Druid Armory: Furlesque - STK

Deleted
    I saw our new Tier 18 bonuses, which I'm not too excited about, but does anyone know what will happen to our class trinket?

7+ Year Old Account
    somone knows if i get a class token of an old raid will i get all 4 transmogs for it instandly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksel View Post
    I saw our new Tier 18 bonuses, which I'm not too excited about, but does anyone know what will happen to our class trinket?
    Probably just nerfed to oblivion after 100 or something similar.

So weak auras we'll probably need/want going into Legion.

Weak Aura that tracks Gift of the Ox generation (basically a bar that shows how close you are to enough damage to spawn an orb)
    Weak Aura that tracks what your dodge % is after each time you get hit based on mastery.

The latter will probably be more of a personal super min/max thing (like having a boss swing timer), but the former I see being more critical for those doing Mythic+, raiding, and those who just want to be able to know everything that's going on regardless of the content they're doing.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Probably just nerfed to oblivion after 100 or something similar.
    It would have to be changed a bit, as Elusive Brew doesn't exist anymore. Don't think that's happened yet.

Deleted
    Weak Aura that tracks Gift of the Ox generation (basically a bar that shows how close you are to enough damage to spawn an orb)
    I had the same idea, tested a lot of things (with current numbers and a fix amount of stagger) and:
    This kind of WA is really hard to write and can cause a lot of errors/massive performance issues.

Let me explain that:
    The WA have to trigger on every CombatLog-Event and perform a minimum of one if-then-else-query for every single event.
    While the first step is not a big problem (it's the basic part from Skada/Recount/Details) the second one is the calculation with a lot of arithmetics/buff checking.
    Even without Gift of the Mists you have to "reverse" the damage by multiply (damageHit + absorbedDamage) * Stagger and then subract this from the "pool" of remaining HP to Spawn an Orb.

As long as i was solo and at the "hitting" dummy in my garrison the Aura was okay but in a dungeon or a situation with a lot of adds the aura (without any other addons/auras) brought me down from 60 (limited by vSync) to 5-10 FPS.
    I've no idea (and don't want to find it out) what happens in a raid tbh.

As a stand-alone addon it may works but with a aura it's no doable without massive performance problems i guess.
    Last edited by mmoc63c4b54c03; 2016-05-13 at 07:01 PM. Reason: gramma

I may have misunderstood the formula, but I thought it was basically damage before stagger added up until its greater or equal to maxhealth.

If so, instead of messing with the combatlog, you could just work with the UNIT_Health event. Pseudo code:

--------

local TotalDamage

On Unit_Health

local cur = UnitHealth()
    local max = UnitMaxHealth()
    local damage = ( max - cur ) * (1 + GetStaggerValue) [Not sure how to get this in legion since its no longer mastery, but can be done outside of this function I guess)

TotalDamage = TotalDamage + damage

SpawnChance = TotalDamage / maxHealth

--------

This is shoddy and unrefined, but it should give you a numeric value between 0 and 1 that represents the spawn chance of an orb. UnitHealth still fires a lot but nowhere near as much as CLEU, reducing your calls by a lot. More importantly, you don't have to retrace all the various damage steps because we only care about one type of reduction.

You're right that this would be a lot better as an addon though.

Deleted
    If so, instead of messing with the combatlog, you could just work with the UNIT_Health event. Pseudo code:
    You can't because you have to seperate the source and the type of damage (e.g.: stagger itself didn't count, physical/magical, etc.).

[Not sure how to get this in legion since its no longer mastery, but can be done outside of this function I guess)
    You have the base Amount + x% as long as ISB is up...Just a buffcheck but an other calculation.
    Last edited by mmoc63c4b54c03; 2016-05-13 at 08:14 PM.

Actually it's way simpler than you think: stagger is considered an absorb in the combat events, so you only need to add that to the damage taken without doing any reverse math.
    But are we sure that there is no hidden aura or something to track easily the current "progress" of the gotx counter?

mmm, if we consider gift of the mist things get a little bit trickier though...
    Last edited by pakky; 2016-05-13 at 08:31 PM.

Deleted
    Actually it's way simpler than you think: stagger is considered an absorb in the combat events, so you only need to add that to the damage taken without doing any reverse math.
    Ah dammit, you're right. It's a bit less calculations then but with GotM it's still overkill as a aura i guess.
    Last edited by mmoc63c4b54c03; 2016-05-13 at 08:41 PM.