Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...returns-120882

And Sweetums? Think of it as a term of how special you are.
    Whatever. You meet some strange folks on the internet, that is for sure.

I don't give a squat about anyone's tax returns as there are more important things that should be investigated from anyone who could end up with that much power. I mean what are we looking for, a Saint? That'll never happen and anyone close to saint-hood could never handle the position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    I don't give a squat about anyone's tax returns
    Trump does. Or, at least, he did when it was everyone else. Now that he is the only one left he is refusing. Imagine that
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    If I were Trump, I'd levy them to get Clinton to release her solicitation transcripts

I think the Clinton Foundation books are what the world really wants to see.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I think the Clinton Foundation books are what the world really wants to see.
    So you will also be calling for all of Trump's book to be made available as well?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

So you will also be calling for all of Trump's book to be made available as well?
    I mean, wouldn't you like to see both? Don't assume because I think you are weird that I oppose all of your views. I'm an independent, not a moron/partisan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I mean, wouldn't you like to see both? Don't assume because I think you are weird that I oppose all of your views. I'm an independent, not a moron/partisan.
    It ok sweetums I believe you. Even if thousands of others don't.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

It ok sweetums I believe you. Even if thousands of others don't.
    Whatever dude. If you are amused by the things you are saying, that makes one of us. It's just coming off as strange where I am sitting. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Stricter enforcement of illegal immigration laws ( while not in complete agreement on how that should be handled ), fairer trade deals which encourage companies to keep factories here, pro 2nd amendment, pro life, building up the military, better treatment for veterans, to name some major ones.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond. I have to admit I'm curious as to why you believe these are actual policies of a putative future Trump Administration, as opposed to being, "what Trump is saying right now to get your vote"; because Trump is not what ought to be called reliable - there's a number of reasons why I'm shocked that anyone takes him seriously:

1) Trump's past history of supporting opposite positions to those he now claims he will follow if elected.

Trump's long history of employing illegal aliens, up through multiple recent examples.

Trump's history (past and currently) of making his own merchandise overseas.

2) Trump's habit of changing his position to whatever he finds currently convenient.

Trump's previous support for assault weapons bans, and his refusal to say whether he's ever used the firearm he claims to own, or otherwise discuss his claimed gun ownership.

Trump was historically pro-choice, but says he's changed - this is true, he's changed his position on abortion often, often on the same day, between clear pro-life and pro-choice positions

3) Even where Trump presents some details, the vast majority of his policy proposals amount to magical thinking that "Trump will fix it".

Trump promises a bigger, stronger military... for significantly less in expenditures, and while repeatedly displaying gross ignorance on military matters.

Trump promises massively improved VA care... with zero additional funding, in a plan criticized by veterans' groups (and setting aside his other issues with veterans).

And over all of it hangs the specter that, with no history in public office (and with policy positions that are directly opposed to how he has acted in private business), Trump is not a man of his word (or who even acknowledges his word), and who does not have a strong record of success, good judgement, or interest in anything or anyone but himself. How anyone can trust him with anything, regardless of how they feel about his currently professed politics, is frankly baffling.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to respond. I have to admit I'm curious as to why you believe these are actual policies of a putative future Trump Administration, as opposed to being, "what Trump is saying right now to get your vote"; because Trump is not what ought to be called reliable - there's a number of reasons why I'm shocked that anyone takes him seriously:

1) Trump's past history of supporting opposite positions to those he now claims he will follow if elected.

Trump's long history of employing illegal aliens, up through multiple recent examples.

Trump's history (past and currently) of making his own merchandise overseas.

2) Trump's habit of changing his position to whatever he finds currently convenient.

Trump's previous support for assault weapons bans, and his refusal to say whether he's ever used the firearm he claims to own, or otherwise discuss his claimed gun ownership.

Trump was historically pro-choice, but says he's changed - this is true, he's changed his position on abortion often, often on the same day, between clear pro-life and pro-choice positions

3) Even where Trump presents some details, the vast majority of his policy proposals amount to magical thinking that "Trump will fix it".

Trump promises a bigger, stronger military... for significantly less in expenditures, and while repeatedly displaying gross ignorance on military matters.

Trump promises massively improved VA care... with zero additional funding, in a plan criticized by veterans' groups (and setting aside his other issues with veterans).

And over all of it hangs the specter that, with no history in public office (and with policy positions that are directly opposed to how he has acted in private business), Trump is not a man of his word (or who even acknowledges his word), and who does not have a strong record of success, good judgement, or interest in anything or anyone but himself. How anyone can trust him with anything, regardless of how they feel about his currently professed politics, is frankly baffling.
    I do not think there has ever been a politician who has kept all of their campaign promises. And he is a politician if he gets involved with politics. :P But those concepts which I pointed out and support, time will tell how serous he is and also how the situation is in Congress. I think Hillary is not a strong supporter of those I mentioned. NAFTA for one, sucks and there is no way she is going to condemn it since her hubby pushed it thru.

Also, it is good to keep in mind he is a businessman. So using any loop holes and laws which can increase his profits is normal.

And I am aware of his past stances on issues. He has also admitted he has changed some of those. I do not remember Hillary ever saying she has changed any stance, even those there are clear evidence she has. She does depending on how the political views are at the time.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-05-13 at 02:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hark, the almighty Trump has again spake unto us and declared that we do not have a right to see his taxes and that it's none of our business. Let it be assured we can all be at ease now because he has declared it so!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-t...your-business/

When ABC News' George Stephanopoulos asked Trump Friday whether he felt voters had a right to see his tax returns before November, Trump responded: "I don't think they do."
    Asked what his tax rate was, Trump replied: "It's none of your business."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Also, it is good to keep in mind he is a businessman. So using any loop holes and laws which can increase his profits is normal.
    You cannot have it both ways. Claim that he is a businessman and will use every means possible to make a buck, while also claiming his political interest is not to make a buck for him self. He already clearly stated on his site, that those loopholes will not be needed because his tax cuts on corporations will be so low, that it's redundant. On his site as well, he wants to use US troops to protect corporate interest in China. He has also stated that he wants to bomb the shit out of terrorist, so he can give their oil to Exxon.

If you will not vote 3rd party or write in, your choice is simple. Someone who will screw you to make a buck for him self or someone who will screw you to make money for banks. Just remember... Trump's new campaign finance manager is a former Goldman Sacks partner... Say goodbye to self financed campaign and hello to finances managed by Goldman Sacks...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I don't know why he wouldn't. These are personal taxes and I doubt anything is out of order. Plus it seems like candidates only release the bare minimum of their tax returns anyways and none of the underlying tax forms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't know why he wouldn't. These are personal taxes and I doubt anything is out of order. Plus it seems like candidates only release the bare minimum of their tax returns anyways and none of the underlying tax forms.
    There are a lot of theories on why he won't, which is actually the reason he encouraged Romney to do it. With the latest being that he will not even reveal his tax percentage... This morning... I'm going to go with him paying so little in taxes, that his claims of US wealthy paying too much, will seem like total bullshit...

Maybe, because his wealth is funneled through Trump Corp, his personal earnings will be 1$. I think that might be a spoiler for an old Cheers episode... Oh silly mayday Mallone, betting his yearly salary with some rich guy to win Rebecca's heart... He won that 1$ fair and square... Why the hell do I remember this shit...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi