Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Legendary Items in Legion

So, I just read up on Legion patch notes and these made me really sad;

Legendary Items
    Legendary items drop from places all throughout Legion. In addition to stats, these items confer powerful effects and modify abilities. Only a limited number of them can be equipped at a time.
    Check out the new Loot tab in the Dungeon Journal to see which Legendary items are out there for you!

Blizzard already lowered the requirements of getting expansion-specific legendaries throughout the years. And now, they decided to make them even more 'less unique' by allowing us to wear more then one and even get them from dungeons? Seriously, am I getting all wrong or did they just fucked up the whole game again?

Note: Ofc, I've a lot more to outrage about but this...

Quote Originally Posted by Wullfgar View Post

Legendary Items
    Legendary items drop from places all throughout Legion. In addition to stats, these items confer powerful effects and modify abilities. Only a limited number of them can be equipped at a time.
    Check out the new Loot tab in the Dungeon Journal to see which Legendary items are out there for you!

Blizzard already lowered the requirements of getting expansion-specific legendaries throughout the years. And now, they decided to make them even more 'less unique' by allowing us to wear more then one and even get them from dungeons? Seriously, am I getting all wrong or did they just fucked up the whole game again?

These are really really rare world drops from any mob, think of thunderfury bindings drop rate of like 0.001% and thats your chance per kill to find one.

and you can only equip one of these at a time 2 if you have the last Tier in your Order Hall unlocked (3 months in correct me if im wrong).

some people will find them all and try to.

some people will never see one.

there are multiple legends per spec per class.

these arent run of the mill every single jo blogs will have them they are COMPLETE RNG.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are pretty much changing the game up. They know that one of the best things about the game, is to play with special set-bonuses. That is why raiding have been in high demand, since that is where you got these set bonuses. In Legion, you will now be able to get set-bonus like items, which have a special effect, outside of raiding. Atm, there are no legendary items, as in the old days. There are artifacts, and then there are these special items with special modifcations. We will still proberly see a real legendary like the ring or Warglaives, but OP really needs to wrap your head around these new gear grades.

I would not say that they are fucking the game up. They are changing it a lot, but they are also giving a lot more tools to players, so they can play a bit more with their classes and specs. All in all, we don't know what effect these items will have on the game yet. They might be so super rare, that they will have little impact on the raiding and mythic+ community. They might also be pretty common and easy to get, which will change raiding forever, since gear slots for curtain classes will be BiS from the very start of raiding.

Lets wait undtil the game launches before we give our judgement, but i do agree, that it is a risky move, that blizzard is taking.

Edit: And ofcourse, out of all the things, that might be wrong with Legion, these items are the least of our worries.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

one of the things i like that they have added is 6 tier pieces:

Helm, Cloak, Shoudlers, Chest, Gloves, Legs.

this opens up more customisation.

as there are 2 set bonus and 4 set.

havign 6 pieces gives more choice.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

I like the Legion method more than the current implementation of a legendary essentially being a bonus because you raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    I like the Legion method more than the current implementation of a legendary essentially being a bonus because you raid.
    I personally don't like the idea of them being powerful and rng based, if they do intend to make them more accessible to the playerbase so they aren't tied to raiding then why not something akin to artifact progression system but based around questing / pvp other activities.

Have them faction based 3 different factions who abhorr each other akin to how scryer and aldor rep works, this means you cant double dip and progress the legendary through 2 paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    All legendaries recently are dumb.

But then even the oldest types are dumb.

Too much rng, balancing and unfairness.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    These are really really rare world drops from any mob, think of thunderfury bindings drop rate of like 0.001% and thats your chance per kill to find one.

some people will find them all and try to.

some people will never see one.
    That indeed feels very silly. It looks as if a lucky guy drops a good legendary soon he will be above evryone else for the whole expansion, just because the RNG decided that.

Also, there should never be more than one current legendary per tier, IMHO. I'm fine with the MoP back, or WoD ring, but at least there it was not a matter of RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Furlong View Post
    That indeed feels very silly. It looks as if a lucky guy drops a good legendary soon he will be above evryone else for the whole expansion, just because the RNG decided that.

Also, there should never be more than one current legendary per tier, IMHO. I'm fine with the MoP back, or WoD ring, but at least there it was not a matter of RNG.
    they are clearly trying very hard to go away from the model when the only thing people focus on are numerical values - lets see how the final tuning of mythic + dungeons and mythic raids will end up - woudlnt surprise me if they lowered it in legion compared to WoD.

So the best way to get a legendary is now to bot? Seems like a good design...

Quote Originally Posted by Furlong View Post

Well, I rather have an experienced mythic raider in my team than someone who got lucky RNG. +5% (or even 10%) dps just doesn't make or break a fight. Maybe the enrage ones, but if tuning is correct you will be able to do that in appropriate gear, if you are skilled enough. And that's enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Well, I rather have an experienced mythic raider in my team than someone who got lucky RNG. +5% (or even 10%) dps just doesn't make or break a fight. Maybe the enrage ones, but if tuning is correct you will be able to do that in appropriate gear, if you are skilled enough. And that's enough for me.
    That little extra DPS is a big deal. For a top guild it the difference between a world first and not and for a top 1000 guild its the difference between getting a boss that reset and not. For a difficult boss that is tuned well that extra DPS allows for many, many more mistakes. And it makes healing and tanking more forgiving by just pushing past parts of encounters faster and being able to save cooldowns for other difficult parts of the fight.

During progress 1% extra DPS is a lot. 5% is HUGE.

During the first weeks of mythic you will expect to wipe on 1% or less, a few extra legendaries in the raid group will be a huge difference for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wullfgar View Post

Legendary Items

It's about time. Over the years more and more Legendaries are added that is why they added a quality above Legendary. By adding Artifact they can put out more Legendaries. Or would you rather they remove all those extra Legendaries and make the weapons Legendary instead of Artifact?

Don't get stuck on the color of the loot. Legion Legendaries and incomparable to any previous legendary. They are an entirely different animal.

We really needed another thread on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Don't get stuck on the color of the loot. Legion Legendaries and incomparable to any previous legendary. They are an entirely different animal.
    Exactly. Blizzard probably should have colored these pink and called them something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    And what is so legendary about the cloak or the ring? Or even any other Legendary before that?
    These items are just as legendary. It is just that you can get them by doing other stuff, because, and this will most likely shock some people, not everyone raids.

I am afraid botting will skyrocket because of this..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Exactly. Blizzard probably should have colored these pink and called them something else.
    meh old legendaries are no harder to get than these, especially being able to 1 shot all the bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    And what is so legendary about the cloak or the ring? Or even any other Legendary before that?
    These items are just as legendary. It is just that you can get them by doing other stuff, because, and this will most likely shock some people, not everyone raids.

I am afraid botting will skyrocket because of this..
    yup botting artifact power/legendaries/honor prestige system does seem a good idea, hopefully blizzard will throw out year long bans so it doesn't pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by dahri View Post
    That little extra DPS is a big deal. For a top guild it the difference between a world first and not and for a top 1000 guild its the difference between getting a boss that reset and not. For a difficult boss that is tuned well that extra DPS allows for many, many more mistakes. And it makes healing and tanking more forgiving by just pushing past parts of encounters faster and being able to save cooldowns for other difficult parts of the fight.

During progress 1% extra DPS is a lot. 5% is HUGE.

During the first weeks of mythic you will expect to wipe on 1% or less, a few extra legendaries in the raid group will be a huge difference for that.
    Tho what you wrote is 100% true, consider the following:

-the first few weeks of progression is absolutely another category
    -no limit on crafted items = millions of gold spent, almost making heroics obsolete, except set bonuses/trinkets
    -I did not meant 5-10% dps as the whole raiddps, but individual's
    -it will be like sockets nowadays, maybe they tune the first few bosses with 3 legendaries / raid, and the endboss with ~10 in mind?
    -also, they said you could hunt one specific legendary (I can't find the blue post, but it is definetly NOT just a random drop)

I also remember hearing the new legnedaries were huntable so you can setout to get a specific one(s). I think the only difference now is you don't have to raid to get them.