Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rank these raid bosses from strongest to weakest lorewise

Not in order, just listing them on my post.

Hakkar
    Ragnaros Fireland Version
    Archimonde WOD Version
    Deathwing
    Lich King
    Kil'jaeden during the Sunwell
    Garrosh on Old God Juice
    Illidan
    Kel'thuzard
    Gruul
    Lei Shen
    Sha of Pride
    C'thun
    Yogg Saron
    Malygos
    Ak'vair

7+ Year Old Account
    Strongest to weakest: 1.Archimonde
    2. Yogg'saron
    3. Cthun
    4. Deathwing
    5. Kil'Jadean
    6. Hakkar
    7. Lich King
    8. Lei Shen
    9. Ragnaros
    10. Al'akir
    11. Malygos
    12. Garrosh
    13. Illidan
    14. Gruul
    15. Kel'thzad

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Strongest to weakest: 1.Archimonde
    2. Yogg'saron
    3. Cthun
    4. Deathwing
    5. Kil'Jadean
    6. Hakkar
    7. Lich King
    8. Lei Shen
    9. Ragnaros
    10. Al'akir
    11. Malygos
    12. Garrosh
    13. Illidan
    14. Gruul
    15. Kel'thzad
    Archimonde above Yogg and C'thun? Surely you jest
    Forum lurker since '08. Thankfully, the majority of the mmo-c community don't represent a large number of the world's population because then we'd all be fucked.Why? People don't learn.Reason? People still respond to Jaylock threads.
    7. Years. Later.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariselea View Post
    Are we talking about Archimonde at full power(HFC) versus weakened/chained Yogg and C'thun??
    If it is full power Archi versus weakened Yogg/Cthun then yes I think it is fair

Deleted
    Clearly the Lich King is the strongest.

Power doesn't work like that.

Archimonde "should" be more powerful than Deathwing, and yet he's barely even been able to manifest in Azeroth where Deathwing had the power to completely destroy it.

It's contextual and non linear.

Also, the Old Gods aren't very powerful at all in a physical POWER sense. They're powerful due to manipulation and influence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ariselea View Post
    Oh please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

1. Yogg Saron
    2. C'thun
    3. Lei Shen
    4. Archimonde
    5. Kil'jaedan
    6. Deathwing
    7. Lich King
    8. Garrosh
    9. Ragnaros
    10. Al'akir
    11. Malygos
    12. Sha of Pride
    13. Hakkar
    14. Illidan
    15. Gruul
    16. Kel'thuzad

10+ Year Old Account
    1)Yogg Saron - The second strongest old god after Y'Shaarj, single handedly caused the emerald nightmare, Xavius, assisted with the corruption of Deathwing etc.

2)C'thun - Similar to Yogg, Sargeras is scared of the Void Gods and the old gods are direct spawn from them.

3)Archimonde - Yes he's the right hand man of Sargeras but he just isn't as powerful as the old gods.

4)Deathwing - Its a tight one between him and Arthas but I feel like he just has more outright power and nearly caused the destruction of Azeroth with one spell.

5)Lich King - Powerful beyond means but always had that part of Arthas holding him back from completely wiping Azeroth, definitely more powerful than Sunwell Kil'jaeden.

6)Kil'jaeden - Tight one between him and Lei Shen but I feel like he has the advantage even though he wasnt anywhere near full power.

7)Lei Shen - Stronger than a titan created guardian but tight one against Ragnaros, I would probably put them about equal depending on location, if in the firelands I'd put Ragnaros ahead.

8)Ragnaros - The firelord, stronger than Lei Shen and probably Kil'jaeden if in the correct environment.

9)Malygos - The reason I've got Malygos so high is that he's titan empowered AND has a significant amount of ancient artefacts, as well as having a base at the centre of the Azerothian Ley Lines, Could take on Lei Shen and Ragnaros if fighting in the eye of eternity.

10)Hakkar - The blood god, if summoned into the physical word at full power his plague would rival that of the Lich King.

11)Illidan - nothing needs to be said, at his peak he could probably have taken down Kil'jaeden or Archimonde with his legion of demons hunters, but currently isnt all powerful.

12)Al'akir - the reason I put him above Garrosh is purely down to the fact that he'd stop Garrosh from ever getting close to him.

13)Garrosh - powerful but compared to the red of these guys, he a lightweight.

14)Sha of Pride - close one between Sha and Gruul, I put Sha ahead purely for the Sha-lings and the corruption level.

15)Gruul - Not all that powerful really, a demi god of Draenor but just not up to it against these guys.

16)Kel'thuzad - despite being unable to die unless his Phylactery is destroyed, his power couldn't even take down Gruul
    Last edited by Martyn 470; 2016-05-13 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Clearly the Lich King is the strongest.
    um ... no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcell View Post
    um ... no?
    You know nothing, Xcell.

From most powerful to least powerful:

1. Yogg Saron
    2. C'thun
    3. Archimonde
    4. Deathwing
    5. Malygos
    6. Kil'jaeden during the Sunwell
    7. Ragnaros
    8. Lei Shen
    9. Lich King
    10. Illidan
    11. Garrosh
    12. Kel'Thuzad
    13. Sha of Pride
    14. Hakkar
    15. Gruul
    16. "Ak'vair"

Deleted
    I mean, people may say the Lich King was the weakest, but he was by far the better character and villain.

Deleted
    Why do you guys all forget Zul'jin, Nefarian or Ossirian? And these are only the endbosses, what is with Baron Geddon, Chromaggus or, probably the most important Boss with the greatest Lore impact, Huhuran.

Deleted
    C'thun
    Yogg-Saron
    Deathwing
    Twisting Nether Archimonde
    Malygos
    Firelands Ragnaros
    Lich King
    Sunwell Kil'jaeden
    Illidan
    Hakkar
    Lei Shen
    Heart-Infused Garrosh
    Kel'thuzard
    Gruul
    Sha of Pride

Above would be my answer, but who is Ak'vair? Al'Akir? In that case, between Ragnaros and Lich King I assume.

I am basing the first two spots on Chronicles because I seem to remember it mentioning Y'shaarj being the strongest and N'zoth the weakest of the named Old Gods (which are also supposed to be all the Azerothian ones now, right?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Why do you guys all forget Zul'jin, Nefarian or Ossirian? And these are only the endbosses, what is with Baron Geddon, Chromaggus or, probably the most important Boss with the greatest Lore impact, Huhuran.
    Eh, I think the TC simply doesn't want us to tier those, so I stuck with the names he provided.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-05-13 at 01:13 PM.

Show how well people know about lore when they put C'Thun and Yogg above Archimonde / KJ. Last time I checked, C'Thun and Yogg aren't that strong power-wise compared to guys who effortlessly ripped apart a planet surface with a single spell - they are more about manipulating / corrupting stuff than outright brute forcing things. Or saying that Archimonde "barely able to manifest in Azeroth" (what? He either travelled / get summoned to Azeroth or not, there isn't any manifestation here).

Other than these, though, the lists are more or less correct since there are either a big gap, or not mich difference between strength among the rest.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-05-13 at 01:28 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Show how well people know about lore when they put C'Thun and Yogg above Archimonde / KJ. Last time I checked, C'Thun and Yogg aren't that strong power-wise compared to guys who effortlessly ripped apart a planet surface with a single spell - they are more about manipulating / corrupting stuff than outright brute forcing things. Or saying that Archimonde "barely able to manifest in Azeroth" (what? He either travelled / get summoned to Azeroth or not, there isn't any manifestation here).

Other than these, though, the lists are more or less correct since there are either a big gap, or not mich difference between strength among the rest.
    He didn't determine whether or not they are in their full power or not, to be fair. Have he did that, they would be probably mid tier at best in their current form.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcell View Post
    um ... no?
    you clearly are new to british bulldog threads.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    Not in order, just listing them on my post.

Hakkar
    Ragnaros Fireland Version
    Archimonde WOD Version
    Deathwing
    Lich King
    Kil'jaeden during the Sunwell
    Garrosh on Old God Juice
    Illidan
    Kel'thuzard
    Gruul
    Lei Shen
    Sha of Pride
    C'thun
    Yogg Saron
    Malygos
    Ak'vair
    Uh oh, well, this is pretty hard tbh, but, eh, here are my thoughts.

1)Yog'Sarron
    2)C'thun
    3)Archimonde
    4)Deathwing
    5)Lei Shen
    6)Lich King
    7)Kil'jeaden
    8)Illidan
    9)Garrosh
    10)Ragnaros
    11)Al'akir
    12)Malygos
    13)Hakkar
    14)Kel'thuzad
    15)Gruul
    16)Sha of Pride
    Yeah I probably fuked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    C'thun
    Yogg-Saron
    Deathwing
    Twisting Nether Archimonde
    Malygos
    Firelands Ragnaros
    Lich King
    Sunwell Kil'jaeden
    Illidan
    Hakkar
    Lei Shen
    Heart-Infused Garrosh
    Kel'thuzard
    Gruul
    Sha of Pride

Above would be my answer, but who is Ak'vair? Al'Akir? In that case, between Ragnaros and Lich King I assume.

I am basing the first two spots on Chronicles because I seem to remember it mentioning Y'shaarj being the strongest and N'zoth the weakest of the named Old Gods (which are also supposed to be all the Azerothian ones now, right?)

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, I think the TC simply doesn't want us to tier those, so I stuck with the names he provided.
    Where did it ever say N'Zoth was the weakest..? He's the Old God that was responsible for Azshara and Deathwing, some of the strongest entities on Azeroth. Chronicles barely even mentioned N'Zoth. (Possibly due to the fact that more information on him will be revealed in the future when we actually get his official in-game reveal) People forget the fact that he was only mentioned once or twice in-game (or anything canon related actually). All it stated was that Y'Shaarj was the strongest, and that Yogg-Saron put up the best fight. (It could also be because Yoggy was the last one to be targeted and possibly learned from the methods they used on N'Zoth and C'Thun)

Back on topic, my list would go:

Yogg-Saron
    C'Thun
    Deathwing
    Archimonde
    Lich King
    Hakkar (Could be higher though we don't have much information on his true power levels)
    Ragnaros
    Kil'Jeaden (Tied with Deathwing(or Archimonde) if at full power)
    Al'Akir
    Sha of Pride
    Garrosh
    Lei Shen
    Kel'Thuzad
    Malygos
    Gruul

Last three are interchangeable as I don't know much about their power levels.

I'm confused as to why people are putting Archimonde above Deathwing. It took the combined power of all the dragonflights(excluding the Black of course), an ancient Old God-powered artifact plus Azeroth's strongest heroes in order to defeat him. Also, wasn't it stated that Archimonde would flee battle once Deathwing arrived during the War of the Ancients? (I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read this somewhere)
    Last edited by TheAmazingFeedz; 2016-05-13 at 05:14 PM.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    I'm confused as to why people are putting Archimonde above Deathwing. It took the combined power of all the dragonflights(excluding the Black of course), an ancient Old God-powered artifact plus Azeroth's strongest heroes in order to defeat him. Also, wasn't it stated that Archimonde would flee battle once Deathwing arrived during the War of the Ancients? (I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read this somewhere)
    You should be confused as to why people are putting anyone else in that list above Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden, actually.

Power-wise, a single unnamed Eredar effortlessly ripped a world's surface apart with a single spell with almost no preparation (Velen's vision of a world destroyed by the Legion during the Draenei 25,000 years of running away). While this eredar is unnamed, we know that Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde are the most powerful of the Legion, which means they would be at least as strong as that, if not even more. The Old Gods - at least the one on Azeroth had never shown any indication of being able to destroy the planet, with the best feats being Y'Shaarj (the strongest among them) shattering mountains only. Y'Shaarj aside since it was killed by Aman'thul, the other Old Gods were defeated and imprisoned by the Titan Keepers and their armies - who are powerful, but not that outstanding in power either. Deathwing actually had shown better destructive capability, with the Cataclysm threatening to destroy Azeroth. However, that was by shattering the World Pillar, and Azeroth was already weakened due to C'Thun and Yogg's death, so it's arguable whether Deathwing can burst a planet by itself.

Additionally, the "it-took-power-of-the-Aspects-and-the-Demon-Soul-to-defeat-Deathwing" is misinterpretation. It took all that to put Deathwing down *permanently* would be more correct. As stated in "Charge of the Aspect" by Kalec, if you didn't use that, Deathwing would just keep coming back as shown by his blood kept coming together even after being boiled and blasted into pieces by forces that would rip any other beings apart. In other words, it's not that you can't defeat Deathwing with all that we used in Dragon Soul, but that he would eventually return after being defeated otherwise like he had done 3 times. Clearly, no one wanted that. Basically, that is a statement of Deathwing's regenerative ability rather than his offensive power. In fact, even though he clearly was stronger and greviously damaged Alexstraza in their fight at Twilight Highland, he himself took "more damage than he was letting on", enough to prevent him from pursuing us and Alexstraza right after.

Lastly, Archimonde never ran away from Deathwing in WoTA. The two never got a proper fight, actually. When Deathwing and the dragonflights appeared and used the Dragon Soul, the demons - not Archimonde, his Legion army - ran away even with Archimonde's threats and commands. Before they get a proper face off, Deathwing's body started coming apart due to his and the DS' power, so he retreated.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-05-13 at 10:15 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.