Poll: How much should the spider mount cost.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazzySpazzy138 View Post
    2 mil for a mount is the epitome of RETARDED.
    If you seriously think that 2mil for a mount is justified, please ctrl+alt+del end process on life.exe, thanks.
    I'd say 50-200k alone is already pushing it for a ONE SEATER mount with NO SPECIAL AMENITIES. It's literally just a mount that's a spider.
    Not even worth 50k, that should be a 5k mount, tops.
    If you disagree with me, well maybe you should vote for Trump cause apparently you started with a small loan of a million gold and turned it into 10 billion gold.
    Maybe you should consider going into teraphy if a video-game mount can make you throw such a tantrum?

Wow, so many stingy ppl in this thread. This mount is extremely unique and really well designed, unlike many, many other mounts we've seen in the past. I voted for 2M+even though I would rather it is around something much more attainable for someone who hasn't been playing for most of WoD to become filthy rich - a price of 100k gold or so at most. Does it need vendors or to fly for its price to be justified? No. Do you need it in any way to progress in the game? No. Can you live without it if you don't want to put the money, or the effort to attain it? Absolutely YES. This mount isn't worth 2 million gold because of its use or something like that, but rather because it is a unique and instantly recognizable mount that upon using it you will get whispers like *Wow, amazing mount mate* or *Wow, you are rich enough to buy such an expensive mount* or even *How the fuck did you gather so much freaking gold* and all these things are going to make the buyer feel happy and special. Believe it or not, this is partly why most of us play MMOs, to get cool stuff that will impress others. Blizzard is doing a move like that with the spider mount now. It's a good move. For all of you that still disagree, work your butts and get it, as previously stated it's really easy to make money in the beginning of an expansion.

Deleted
    But why would it be too much for a vanity item that has no impact on the gameplay?
    Fact is there are many, many gold-millionaires in WoW that could use a nice gold dump like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The price is fine. Gives you a long term goal.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    We live in a hard world, it is OK to be sad and cry a little.

Blizzard gives you a mount for cash...fine...complain that they cash in on it with real money. Now they give a mount for pixel money. Aaaaaaand....people cry again.

Let us try if they give you the mount for logging in, shall we? "Oh that is shit, there is no effort required, it devaluates a unique mount because every scrub has it"
    I don't mind it that much. It's not really about there being a mount worth that much gold, that's fine.

It's just that it had to be a spider, which is a common animal many people wanted just as a common mount, easy to get.

The special 2M gold mount could have been something more rare looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    It's not your God-given right to be able to get everything in the game, 2m is fines. Keeps it a bit more special.
    No, you are wrong.

Because I pay to play this game, It's my right to have this mount!
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    I love mmo champion polls. It always shows how out of touch this community is with the general wow population.

If it can climb on walls and ceilings it'd be worth it... it is a spider after all. Plus that would be awesome.

Deleted
    Once these start appearing in game and the "special snowflake-ness" wears off nobody will care for this mount, I can guarantee it.

my problem is that it doesn't look unique enough. You cant compare it to say like the infernal mounts.

To 99% of players it would just be +1 mount, doesnt really matter what it looks like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    None of the PvP/PvE ones are exactly unique.
    They're almost all unique models, with the PvE mounts having ludicrously low drop rates after they stop being current content to ensure they remain fairly exclusive.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

15+ Year Old Account
    2million how? Isn't cap 1million?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    And where is your proof of that? Because last I checked, they do more for the 1% than the 99%.
    The majority of Warlord's content was aimed at extremely casual gameplay. The garrison was the focal-point of the entire expansion, and it was essentially a glorified FaceBook game that made many people feel obligated to have to log in once per day to manage their garrison before logging out. After that, you even need to look at things such as the Apexis Crystal dailies as a catch-up mechanic, allowing people to easily obtain 695 gear so they can participate in HFC. In regards to the 1%, as you call them, there were only 3 raids this expansion, only two of which were actually tier raids.
    I also don't think you know what the lowest common denominator means, as you seem to believe that casual players are the lowest common denominator, which they're not.

We pay money to play this game; we're entitled to being entitled. I don't know what happened to you people in your life that would make you want to defend this but I genuinely pity you.
    So what you want is 100% access to anything and everything, and thus there shouldn't be restrictions on what you can obtain regardless of skill, achievement, etc., because you have paid money for this game, thus are entitled to everything everyone else has?
    Yes, that is a problematic way of thinking. You essentially are requesting that achievement and self-progression mean nothing in-game, because you want what everyone else has.
    You should probably think these things through before getting all uppity in that glass house of yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    2million how? Isn't cap 1million?
    Gold cap is finally being increased in Legion.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Want it? Work for it! ... or spend 400€ and you have it.
    Last edited by Kauko; 2016-05-13 at 02:46 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With a new gold cap, it doesn't seem so insane, but if people want it, then grind your hearts away. I know I'll be doing that, and anyone who wants a spider mount should do it. Not everyone is an expert on grinding gold, so hopefully Legion has some sort of gold-accumulating source like Troves for MoP or the inn missions for WoD further down the line.
    It seems like a very fitting mount for a Troll druid, yes?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Yes, it is. Shouldn't be more than 15k - 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayperos View Post
    Yes, it is. Shouldn't be more than 15k - 20k.
    What mount costs <20k aside from a strider during the appropriate strider season or the garrison gronnling?

O I C another "want free mount" heard from.

Short answer: no, it's not too much.
    Long answer: at the end of the day, it's a vanity item for people that can afford it. We aren't playing with real money, and holding onto that gold doesn't benefit you in any way other than saying "LOOKIT ME!!! I'M THE RICHEST GUY IN A VIDEOGAME!!!" It's nice to have, and if you are holding onto it for something specific (gold capping the BMAH), that's one thing, but just to have gold to have it, in a videogame, does nothing for you. So, if you like it and have the gold to spend, then no, it's not too much gold.

Deleted
    The mount is meant for very rich players which means that 2m is not too much. Casuals can't expect to get everything.

And no, I can't afford it myself.