Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Post Political crisis in Brazil through the eyes of a brazilian

Greetings forum friends;

I'm going to try to explain what is happening here in Brazil, since I see that most of you still don't understand. I am a student of an IT course at a federal college, I'm 22 years old and live with the help of my family, I am middle class and have a part time job. I must also say that we are experiencing an economic crisis, which contributed to big part of the population revolted against the government. My country is living one of its biggest political crisis in its history. A democratically elected president with over 50% of the vote has just been removed from his post and that hasn't been proved any crime of her own, the same president was judged by corrupted congressmens and senators with the support of part of the population that nourishes a inexplicable hatred for the social achievements in the last decades. In just 24 hours a vice-president, investigated in corruption schemes, took office and has regressed 30 years in political achievements, I can name a few: as the end of the ministry of culture, ministry of communications, the ministry of women, racial equality and human rights. The "Controladoria Geral da União", an organ responsible for overseeing public spending with a view to combating corruption, was demoted and lost power. This president ended virtually all investigations of corruption against him and his allies, he named 7 investigated politicians in one of Brazil's biggest corruption schemes for large positions in his government.

Not defend the government of deposed president, was a bad government but makes me sad to know that the vote of so many people was thrown in the trash, that a president who was a great person, who fought against military governments, who dedicated his life for the country was deposed without having committed any crime, which was betrayed by its allies and judged by corrupt, these times I am ashamed to be Brazilian.

In short, we live in a country where the economic elite, the mainstream media, big landlords and soldiers do as they please without respecting democracy. Future days will be dark and we could lose great achievements in such a short time.

The Brasilian Winter is Comming!

15+ Year Old Account
    The time of huehue is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

How was the President removed? Some sort of coup or did the congress exercise powers it had in your constitution?

Welcome to the First Brazilian Empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    How was the President removed? Some sort of coup or did the congress exercise powers it had in your constitution?
    yup, she cries "coup d'etat" but in reality it was the congress that did their job legally and under their own constitution.
    [/URL]

After reading in to it she was impeached by a large majority. You are correct though that many of her accusers are also under investigation for corruption. It seems you have a world class clusterfuck on your hands. Sorry man. I hope it works out for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post

I'll leave this video for you - its easier to understand than me trying to explain, tbh - if you have the time/interest no know more about.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Congress has exercised its powers, but opened a incorrect inquiry process and the Senate judged in a questionable way.

And things don't stop to getting worse, a bishop of a church is now the minister of science, technology and innovation. They put a military as minister of justice and human rights. We went back to the Middle Ages, we are being governed by fascists, racists and religious fanatics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krovikon View Post
    The Congress has exercised its powers, but opened a incorrect inquiry process and the Senate judged in a questionable way.

And things don't stop to getting worse, a bishop of a church is now the minister of science, technology and innovation. They put a military as minister of justice and human rights. We went back to the Middle Ages, we are being governed by fascists, racists and religious fanatics.
    If this is true...that sucks but might want to put names out.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Brazil is important to the US, it's a stable democracy in a world full of crappy governments. Let's hope this current disturbance passes by quickly.

Also the Brazilian economy is 2 trillion dollars and if you've ever flown in a small passenger jet most like it was made in Brazil.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Not that much different from here in Thailand except here it's a coup.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's what Brazil gets for putting the left-wing Workers' Party in charge.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    That's what Brazil gets for putting the left-wing Workers' Party in charge.
    In theory they would be left-wing party, but in reality is very different.

7+ Year Old Account
    A democratically elected president with over 50% of the vote has just been removed from his post and that hasn't been proved any crime of her own
    The president was temporally removed from her post. The removal is exacly part of the process to clarify if the crimes happened or not.

nourishes a inexplicable hatred for the social achievements in the last decades.
    Bullshit. That's an enourmous amount of bias there.

I can name a few: as the end of the ministry of culture, ministry of communications, the ministry of women, racial equality and human rights.
    While i'm against some regressive approach towards the already stabilished achievments it's cristal clear to anyone that a reform was needed. The executive power spent a crap ton of money creating new ministries for political bargains.

Not defend the government of deposed president, was a bad government but makes me sad to know that the vote of so many people was thrown in the trash
    TBF, the president herself threw all those votes away when she masked the real state of the public economy. That's why she lost an enourmous chunck of suport from all those voters after she shit they were hidding came up. But yeah, people also voted for the congress that instaured the impeachment process.

I do hope the new governament actually make things better, even with all the bad choices for the ministries. So we can take something good from all that. If they do well we can hope for some mindset changes in the next ellection.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
    TBF, the president herself threw all those votes away when she masked the real state of the public economy. That's why she lost an enourmous chunck of suport from all those voters after she shit they were hidding came up. But yeah, people also voted for the congress that instaured the impeachment process.
    I thought it was the Petrobras scandal that caused all the shit to come up. Supposedly the amount of money in the corruption scandal was the largest that has ever occurred in any Democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Brazil is important to the US, it's a stable democracy in a world full of crappy governments. Let's hope this current disturbance passes by quickly.

Also the Brazilian economy is 2 trillion dollars and if you've ever flown in a small passenger jet most like it was made in Brazil.
    They also have the big booty girls market cornered.

Sweet heavenly jesus.

Anyway, hope stuff works out for the best dude, last thing South America needs is another Venezuela

The funny thing is: what put the nail in her coffin in the public eyes (and the media) was that she appointed ex-president Lula as her chief of staff while him being investigated of corruption.

Now Michel Temer has appointed 7 (yes, seven) people investigated in the same investigation as his ministers and the media is all silent about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    The funny thing is: what put the nail in her coffin in the public eyes (and the media) was that she appointed ex-president Lula as her chief of staff while him being investigated of corruption.

Now Michel Temer has appointed 7 (yes, seven) people investigated in the same investigation as his ministers and the media is all silent about it.
    Fellow brazilian here. Exactly, not only the media, but the population that went to the protests too. I did not like Dilma at all, but this seems like a hunt against the Workers party under the guise of being against corruption. Tough times...

Technically she was removed temporarily from office. But lets face it, she has close to no support at all, she is done. While Temer has a lot of connections and friends everywhere.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I thought it was the Petrobras scandal that caused all the shit to come up. Supposedly the amount of money in the corruption scandal was the largest that has ever occurred in any Democracy.
    Sadly, no. Brazilian judicial system is pretty corporativist towards politicians, she wasn't even remotely taken into consideration during investigations, and even if she where to, due to the huge amount of money and power involved, a third party would be used to take all the guilt.

Oficially she is being judged due to what we call "pedaladas fiscais" (I think it is translated to something like "fiscal stepovers"), meaning she delayed payments to the banks trying to mask the real state of the public finances. She did that during the election year, hiding the real prognostic of the situation and justifing the action using the "protection of social programs" motto. After being reelected the shit hit the fan and we plummeted into debt, social programs started to suffer, and almost everything she promised during the election year was affected somehow.

There's a bunch of technicalities about that. Opposition say that was a crime of fiscal responsability, the govt. allies say that isn't a crime and that everything is a coup. Our Supreme Court says that the process is legal. Supporters blame the media.

In practice there's a crap ton of political motivation to the impeachment. Petrobras, BNDES (Our public bank for development projects), the whole Lula thing (Lula, our ex-president, was being investigated due to possible corruption and the executive power started interfiring with the investigation and after ir failed she tried to promote Lula as minister so the investigation against him would be taken to the Public Prosecutor's Office were they had allies), and many, MANY other things. Including party interests (Which is HUGE).

But yeah, our politics is a clusterfuck of corruption.
    Last edited by Nerdgasm; 2016-05-14 at 02:27 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
    The president was temporally removed from her post. The removal is exacly part of the process to clarify if the crimes happened or not.

Bullshit. That's an enourmous amount of bias there.

While i'm against some regressive approach towards the already stabilished achievments it's cristal clear to anyone that a reform was needed. The executive power spent a crap ton of money creating new ministries for political bargains.

I do hope the new governament actually make things better, even with all the bad choices for the ministries. So we can take something good from all that. If they do well we can hope for some mindset changes in the next ellection.
    1. We both know that she's not coming back, she shouldn't be removed in the first place

2. Not all of them against her government think that way, but significant part think exactly like this.

3. Yeah, a reform is necessary, the problem is that the end of this ministries will harm the whole country. Violence against woman its a real and serious problem, the black people, the natives and other minorities still suffer, human rights are disrespected everyday, by police, militia and even other congressmen.

4. I didn't suported the government of Dilma, she made huge mistakes, but no crime was commited.

I don't think that the country will get better with this government, we're gonna lose a lot, like work laws, hight taxes for everyone and the end of the transparecy of the government.
    Last edited by Krovikon; 2016-05-14 at 02:27 AM.