Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I think game size tauren are okay

I remember reading about how taurens were shrunk for the game. I think the game size is actually better. What about you guys?

I prefer them shrunked down into hamburger-size.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I remember reading about how taurens were shrunk for the game. I think the game size is actually better. What about you guys?
    I've only seen them in the game...they only exist in/because of the game...I don't think I understand.

- - - Updated - - -

I've only seen them in the game...they only exist in/because of the game...I don't think I understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I want big ass tauren and big ass ogres, and have it when you approach a area that a normal sized character can pass through, they crouch under it like a normal tall person would.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Lorewise Tauren are as big as the Standard-sized Ogres. So roughly 1.5 larger than they are now.
    But then they wouldn't be able to go through doors and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    In the lore they are said to be bigger. When making the game Blizzard shrunk them for gameplay.

(Accidental double post, please remove)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Nah, I want big ass tauren and big ass ogres, and have it when you approach a area that a normal sized character can pass through, they crouch under it like a normal tall person would.
    They current size just seems more functional and versatile in different environments, capable of speed and some level of agility.

7+ Year Old Account
    many races suffer the same fate
    the Centaur for example they are bigger than tauren " or in the same size"
    Hoggar are bigger than Humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Game size is ok, just in any lore situation regarding a tauren relive they are much bigger, and therfore much more threatening
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Tauren are described as being somewhere between 8 - 10 feet tall, with the upper limit going to about 12 feet but that's rare. Tauren are BIG, they are a big people, and with their odd proportions (long arms and bodies but short but VERY powerful legs in comparison with the rest of them) that I don't think we've seen anything close to them really.

Most minotaur like creatures (even if the Tauren are NOT minotaurs, they are anthro bulls) are built along human physiology (even the awesomely done bulls in the Narnia movies were human shaped and scaled, just bigger.) Tauren are not, some friends of mine have said that Tauren are bastards to draw because their physology is basically so 'off' that it makes them look a bit weird.

But yeah Tauren are big and i'd say they look fine really for game purposes. We've seen from the movie that Orcs are bigger than humans (and Orcs are and have always been described and depicted as bigger than human), and a Tauren is considerably bigger than an Orc.

Sure this is a bit off but this is pre-work from that kids book they are bringing out.

Its a human kid (about 8 - 10 years old?) holding a Yuangol baby up to his/her father/mother.

I mean look at that. That Bull's face is BIGGER than a Human kids chest!

If the WC movie is a success, I do hope we'll see not only Trolls but Tauren as well in a sequel.
    Last edited by mmocb080fb1716; 2016-05-14 at 01:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lakara648 View Post
    If the WC movie is a success, I do hope we'll see not only Trolls but Tauren as well in a sequel.
    in the 3rd movie the tauren should make an appearance
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren are the heavy artillery of the Horde.In game they cant be shown that way because all races needs to be balanced.But in the lore they are so strong that it takes multiple members of the smaller race to bring one down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren are a psuedo-giant race - Big, bulky, and they stand heads taller then any of the other races.

I prefered the bigger Tauren, but eh, you STILL have problems fitting in some doors (A few in Nagrand for a quest, had to use a toy to shrink me down enough to grab the items inside).

If represented in a movie/book/VR, I would like Tauren to be displayed to their full size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I think Vrykul and Draenor ogres are too big.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I think Vrykul and Draenor ogres are too big.
    There have been massive ogres in the past, even in rise of the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lakara648 View Post
    Its a human kid (about 8 - 10 years old?) holding a Yuangol baby up to his/her father/mother.

I mean look at that. That Bull's face is BIGGER than a Human kids chest!

Uhhh I don't think it is, that looks like some sort of monkey thing.

1 - the face looks very obviously ape-like in the baby and parent (most obvious in eyes an nose)
    2 - it has little monkey feet not hooves.

Back on topic; I like how Tauren are the biggest race in game (playable) to help with the lore, but I do kinda wish it was proportionate to how the artists wanted them to be. So I understand why they did it, but I would also have liked to have been super massive =p seeing as they are the main race I play.

Nothing looks more impressive than a male tauren warrior in Wrathful or Relentless gladiator set in my book!
    I've actually made a 5th warrior just for that reason and then I'll have every race/gender combo of warrior that I enjoy the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    There have been massive ogres in the past, even in rise of the Horde.
    Ogre biology is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    This would be cool.

Give them a size-change racial perhaps.
    Twas brillig