Deleted

When World of Warcraft ends, could it start?

Maybe by the end of World of Warcraft Blizzard will have another next gen MMORPG released for us all to play, maybe it'll roll out when World of Warcraft ends which'd be great. But... What about Blizzard restarting World of Warcraft all over again, from the beginning as it was, without any modifcations, maybe patches/content is released maybe a bit quicker than what was.

Is this something you'd be interested in? Is this something you'd come back to play all over again?

Also, what would you ask for in the restarting of World of Warcraft? Would you ask for changes to be made in each patch to make it better? Like the quest tracking/helper we now have whilst in vanilla? or would you prefer it as is? Or is there anything else that'd you'd like tweaked for a fresh start, even something like the lore of the game taking a different direction, maybe something like Blizzard inputting all content that they didn't originally put in?

Personally I'd love this. To finish a great journey only to do it all over again, to relive those great moments. I'd most certainly come back for this. The only thing I'd change is what I suggested, the quest tracker/helper system. Though I'm sure some of you diehards will see this as herasy :P Though an as was release would be cool and wouldnt deter me from playing, as I actually enjoyed reading the quest texts.

*cough* titan died *cough*...sorry im sick
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

if they do another warcraft mmo, it should be set further ahead in the future of the universe. doing the same thing over's not really going to attract the same amount of people it did the first time.

have the void lords and sargeras be dead, and you're just a mercenary. no hero mode, no be all end all bad guys. just a simple world, with relatively simple problems.

I don't see anything being more popular than WoW until something revolutionary comes out. If this holo technology gets improved and integrated with the virtual reality tech we have now, I can see some very interesting things happening. We're probably like 20 years away from that though.

They probably would have to do WoW2 at that point, but by then there might be another hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    just a simple world, with relatively simple problems.
    so what you have to mow the lawn or go down to the shops for some milk?
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    There is no point in having a restart or a WoW 2 simply because it would be no different then a new expansion.
    I agree, it's like the closest we'll come to a WoW2 is the idea that our world gets destoryed this expansion or the next and we have to become the army of underdog light flying around in spaceships clensing the WoWverse of legion/old gods.

I want the same game to continue with an updated graphics engine and some Tera style combat! They can then have all my money cus ill play everyday until my eyes bleed lol

the next mmo (if blizz ever makes one) won't be in the warcraft universe it would hold to much negative stigma for both players and developers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yattz View Post
    I want the same game to continue with an updated graphics engine and some Tera style combat! They can then have all my money cus ill play everyday until my eyes bleed lol
    I thnk I'd be the same, I'd really like to see Vanilla to end in a shorter fashion so I could actually play the times that I missed and feel the immersion of the constent barrage of threats that threatened us! WoW is a very memorable game

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I don't see anything being more popular than WoW until something revolutionary comes out. If this holo technology gets improved and integrated with the virtual reality tech we have now, I can see some very interesting things happening. We're probably like 20 years away from that though.

They probably would have to do WoW2 at that point, but by then there might be another hype.
    Can you imagine raiding in first person mode with holo technology? Woah. 20 man mythic raid in holo world. Let the ouchtime begin. To me something drastic like WoW using revolutionary tech like virtual reality/holgram and the ability to interact with others in a personal way would be the next level of MMORPG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggranger View Post
    Can you imagine raiding in first person mode with holo technology? Woah. 20 man mythic raid in holo world. Let the ouchtime begin. To me something drastic like WoW using revolutionary tech like virtual reality/holgram and the ability to interact with others in a personal way would be the next level of MMORPG.
    That would indeed be revolutionary and amazing, the first gaming company that makes this a reality will bring elation to so many!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    so what you have to mow the lawn or go down to the shops for some milk?
    bandits are raiding a town's supply routes, you're sent to kill them.

small time bandit boss needs to be uncovered, you track him down and kill him.

mercenary stuff.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard won't make another MMORPG. Read here why: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_...ent_project%29
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Blizzard won't make another MMORPG. Read here why
    Although I do mention another MMORPG by Blizzard, I mean more towards would you play WoW from the start after it finishes? Most people have gone more for the other choice of conversation though mybad

If there was ever going to be another WoW and blizzard wanted it to succeed they would have to plan it out.
    1. Has to have some major improvements (graphics, game play,combat,quest, ect.)
    2. They must shut down WoW within the year of the new WoW,
    3. They somehow import peoples WoW accounts into the new WoW. (this is really important, People get attached to all their crap and wont go to bigger better things
    because they have a feeling of losing all their work for all those years when they change to other games)

Quote Originally Posted by DazGnuke View Post
    Maybe by the end of World of Warcraft Blizzard will have another next gen MMORPG released for us all to play, maybe it'll roll out when World of Warcraft ends which'd be great. But... What about Blizzard restarting World of Warcraft all over again, from the beginning as it was, without any modifcations, maybe patches/content is released maybe a bit quicker than what was.

Is this something you'd be interested in? Is this something you'd come back to play all over again?

Also, what would you ask for in the restarting of World of Warcraft? Would you ask for changes to be made in each patch to make it better? Like the quest tracking/helper we now have whilst in vanilla? or would you prefer it as is? Or is there anything else that'd you'd like tweaked for a fresh start, even something like the lore of the game taking a different direction, maybe something like Blizzard inputting all content that they didn't originally put in?

Personally I'd love this. To finish a great journey only to do it all over again, to relive those great moments. I'd most certainly come back for this. The only thing I'd change is what I suggested, the quest tracker/helper system. Though I'm sure some of you diehards will see this as herasy :P Though an as was release would be cool and wouldnt deter me from playing, as I actually enjoyed reading the quest texts.
    Legacy..

We all did. Then came Cataclysm, and Blizzard told how we should now do quests. Read quest text? pfft get real, look at the map. Cataclysm was a huge death to WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Legacy..

We all did. Then came Cataclysm, and Blizzard told how we should now do quests. Read quest text? pfft get real, look at the map. Cataclysm was a huge death to WoW.
    Haha, true story. The leveling isn't the same to what it used to be, personally prefered it pre-cata, alas. I suppose we'd probably see a high rise of people playing a fresh rerun of WoW only to see the population drop like it did!

Deleted
    of course. the mmo revolution it brought will never die out. too bad modern day "personalities" over-hype vanilla and distort the truth....

Quote Originally Posted by DazGnuke View Post
    Haha, true story. The leveling isn't the same to what it used to be, personally prefered it pre-cata, alas. I suppose we'd probably see a high rise of people playing a fresh rerun of WoW only to see the population drop like it did!
    Only for the newbs .. this time I'm gonna be smarter, and stick with Legacy!