Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Yes, because it's not like Hearthstone's revenue isn't used also for WoW or anything else Blizzard. That's clearly your point...

Research better next time.
    And yet again, Hearthstone is highly successful and has a monthly revenue of $24 million. Are you really that thick?
    I don't know what point you're trying to make. Hearthstone is a card game and it's making that much. That's my point...why make a game with depth when you can just draw up some cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    The point was they they have WoW on farm. They're putting in as little as they can get away with while simultaneously making simplistic shallow games with very little to them because they know the kids are eating that style up right now.
    God, you sound like a grumpy old man with all that "kids today" talk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRambo View Post
    Hi everyone,

This topic was in my mind for quite some time now and actually, this is just borderline a WoW discussion, but still, it is connected with WoW, so I'll just throw it in here, if the mods find a better place, feel free to move this.

So, I'm an article writer on a (foreign) Blizzard fansite. About a year ago, we've transitioned from publishing WoW news exclusively to general Blizzard news and covering news from all their IPs. As a result, I've also transitioned from writing WoW articles to writing HotS, HS and - more recently - Overwatch news (I've also got pretty tired of WoD) and what I've noticed is that some of our "old" readers are particularly hostile towards newer Blizzard games. This was the case with Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm, but the issue re-emerged with Overwatch coming around in a little more than a week and the site (naturally) has more and more OW related content.

What I mean by this is that under every article, there are some commenters bashing Overwatch as being a TF2 ripoff, for borrowing elements from older shooters and so on and so forth, but what boggles me the most is that they not only dislike the new games, they want them to actually fail. I mean, it is fine if you don't like something, but its not like anyone is forcing you to buy or play it, right? So why the aggressiveness? Sometimes they come off as fanatics, who want Blizzard to do nothing else whatsoever, but develop WoW.

As I said, in most conversations they bring up the arguments that HS is basically MtG, HotS is a LoL copy or OW is a TF2 ripoff, while completely disregarding the fact that WoW itself borrowed lots of elements from earlier MMOs, most notably EQ. Hell, even Warcraft (the RTS game) was heavily inspired by the Warhammer universe, so how is this different? Blizzard was never a company of innovation... or at least not innovation in a way that they don't come up with balls to the wall crazy new things. They've always took ideas from other games and put them together to make a better blend.

When I said "older" WoW players, I precisely meant mainly guys who's been playing from vanilla or BC. Players who've started after Cata are seemingly less likely to wish for new Blizz games to fail. Is it because they are dissatisfied with how WoW is right now and feel that the new games "draw attention" from WoW? Or they are just not confortable with the thought that Blizzard wants to move a bit away from the MMO genre? I personaly don't like how the game is right now, but actually, I'm kindof fine with it (and I've played from vanilla as well). I mean WoW is clearly targeted towards a different audience than I am and so I've moved away towards new Blizz games and actually, they are pretty good too I think.

So what do you think? Why do some WoW players want other Blizz games to fail? Do you want them to fail? If yes, why?
    For someone writing articles your headline is really really bad.

There is no evidence to support that the bashers are wow players. THey are more likely blizzard haters in general

I don't know what point you're trying to make. Hearthstone is a card game and it's making that much. That's my point...why make a game with depth when you can just draw up some cards?
    Because it is popular? As proven from it's revenue and player base.

Deleted
    People are just assholes and don't want you doing anything they don't care about, you're getting the same reaction youtubers get when they decide to branch out from their original game/content they get shit on by their viewers who only want the original stuff no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    For someone writing articles your headline is really really bad.

There is no evidence to support that the bashers are wow players. THey are more likely blizzard haters in general
    I don't write articles in english. Anyways, they ARE wow players as I know precisely, which one of them was a reader before the transition and which of them weren't. Before the transition, only WoW players or ex-WoW players visited the site. So yeah, there is evidence. Actually, even if they are Blizzard haters, why would the visit a Blizzard fansite?
    Last edited by TheRealRambo; 2016-05-15 at 03:11 PM.

If you want to encourage a company to milk your wallets go right ahead. There's indie companies doing better work than Bliz right now.

Tbh I don't expect much from a generation of gamers that sees mount/pet/achievment collecting and shit like Counterstrike skins as content. Obviously you can't already see you're being duped so my hints aren't gonna sink it in.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2016-05-15 at 03:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they turned a diamond of a game that is WoW into a cow they milk for cash to fund their simplistic games like Hearthstone and Overwatch. They're essentially doing as little as they can to milk people for as much as they can.

InB4 "hurdur it's a business not a charity"

Hearthstone and overwatch fund themselves and then some, that isn't what they use WoW for.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by kirby9113 View Post
    One of the best answers I read and it's true. I even know some people in rl who put thousands of hours in wow, and now that the don't play anymore they say that everythings shit and/or everyone who's still playing must be an idiot to support blizz.
    They are right, game is unrewarding.
    Not their fault you like dumbed down gameplay.

7+ Year Old Account
    its the "blizz sucks, they suck even more if they work on anything other than wow" crowd.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Because it's popular? Christ, talking about moving goals, you went from "Blizz is milking WoW for Hearthstone and Overwatch" to "Hearthstone is making money, why care about WoW?" in two posts.

Yes, OP, this is the kind of salty community I was talking about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, overall many people consider HotS and Hearthstone too casual and simplistic for their likings. Subconsciously they feel that Blizzard is wasting their resourses on this arguably bad games instead of focusing on developing new\supporting old "serious" games. Also, new Blizzard products are parasitizing on old franchises, milking "glory days" success, reusing old characters.

I do not exactly share this point of view but do consider these games too simple and bland to enjoy them. When I tried to play them it simply wasn't fun. I felt like I just wasting time. Furthermore, HotS spoiled Diablo and Starcraft for me - I just can't play this games anymore, without having sour throwbacks to seeing its characters in HotS.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Hearthstone and overwatch fund themselves and then some, that isn't what they use WoW for.
    You missunderstand his meaning. Point is Blizzard is slacking and cutting content, because simplistic "small games" like Hearthstone, Diablo 3 etc could and did earn more if not same amount of $$ as wow.

After they realised this they scrapped the Titan project, their upcoming new MMO and turned it into overwatch.
    Their words, not mine...
    why spend millions of dollars of production and maintenance to produce a game that will generate as much as hearthstone most likely...
    for 1/100'th of the cost.
    Thats their logic, thats why we get plants vs zombies, farmville, garrisons and "illusion" of content.

If you want to encourage a company to milk your wallets go right ahead. There's indie companies doing better work than Bliz right now.

Tbh I don't expect much from a generation of gamers that sees mount/pet/achievment collecting and shit like Counterstrike skins as content. Obviously you can't already see you're being duped so my hints aren't gonna sink it in.
    God forbid them having more than 3 fucking genres of games and marketing into popular branches right? Also if you hate then why are you still actively supporting them by playing WoW?

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    You missunderstand his meaning. Point is Blizzard is slacking and cutting content, because simplistic "small games" like Hearthstone, Diablo 3 etc could and did earn more if not same amount of $$ as wow.

After they realised this they scrapped the Titan project, their upcoming new MMO and turned it into overwatch.
    Their words, not mine...
    why spend millions of dollars of production and maintenance to produce a game that will generate as much as hearthstone most likely...
    Thats their logic, thats why we get plants vs zombies, farmville, garrisons and "illusion" of content.
    Diablo 3 a "small game". Now I read everything, thank you.

Because it's popular? Christ, talking about moving goals, you went from "Blizz is milking WoW for Hearthstone and Overwatch" to "Hearthstone is making money, why care about WoW?" in two posts.

I don't care enough to explain everything you misunderstand to you.

Its still true rofl... You are the butthurt Blizzard defender here, not the one in the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post

Their words, not mine...
    for 1/100'th of the cost.
    You are really throwing a paddy over a minigame added to WoW? Plants vs Zombies was literally 5 quests that I doubt took any development time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    God forbid them having more than 3 fucking genres of games and marketing into popular branches right? Also if you hate then why are you still actively supporting them by playing WoW?

- - - Updated - - -
    Ooh fun, can I put words into your mouth next?

Diablo 3 a "small game". Now I read everything, thank you.
    We are talking strictly in terms of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hoookay?