Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Wow players are understandably bitter because they played the game which funded these new titles while watching that game suffer from less and less development focus. When you get things like versatility and the post cata talent system which were clearly created to reduce the amount of time devs actually spend trying to balance the game at the expense of gameplay on top of objectively reduced overall content, then see an announcement for a new moba - well, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    That point had nothing to do with WoW. It has to do with Blizzards crappy PR and their taking the cheap way out development wise...
    Source beside your rear end?

overwatch had 9.7mill people try out the beta during 1 single weekend, I'd say people are generally excited for blizzards new titles :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Content deliver/development wise they should take a leaf out of FF14's book. I know I keep going back to it but well 3 month patches is insane.
    I wish I could get into FF14. Just not a fan of that weeb stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Logic, not being ignorant and shortsighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I wish I could get into FF14. Just not a fan of that weeb stuff.
    Has literally 2 races that are Japanese stereotypes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Logic, not being ignorant and shortsighted.
    Logic is not a source, factual data and info is.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    And that is the problem, you see?! They're not focusing completely on WoW! That game clearly took 99% of WoW's resources to fund the smaller team that took Titan assets and just re-purposed them!
    Wow is great as it us, you cant make burnt out players with a grudge happy regardless. Overwatch is a stand alone game and it's very good

I should've known a thread with this title would attract the fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I wasn't proving anything I was giving my own interpretation. A source isn't needed for crappy PR and the cheap way out would be them focusing on a card game and a game like Overwatch and Hots rather than a game with a world of some sort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    And that is the problem, you see?! They're not focusing completely on WoW! That game clearly took 99% of WoW's resources to fund the smaller team that took Titan assets and just re-purposed them!
    Bliz could release a side scroller and 10 million chumps would eat it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    They make more from other games than from WoW. You're part of the salty community And you can say inb4 hurdur all you like, doesn't change the fact they're still a successful business without the approval of their every move. You still play WoW and you complain about the company/game.
    I kinda agree with Brandon, but I'm not angry, salty, or hate Blizz...being a player who has played HS and HotS...it really seems like those games are simply for making money...why HS is is obvious...it's a CCG...but with HotS...it seems like they flat out put more effort into new heroes (That you have to buy or a very long gold grind) and skins (None that you can buy without spending money) than adding stuff that would be free like modes, options, or new maps.

I don't hate Blizz and I'm kinda looking forward to Legion, but you gotta admit...especially with HotS...it's all about the money and not at all about the game.

Because it's cool to hate on Blizz titles right now.

Overwatch *IS* a TF2 style game -- it's difficult to impossible to deny that.

Move the payload? Capture objectives? Team... Fortress.

What's wrong is people who get defensive about it. They want Overwatch to something that's special and unique -- but it's a FPS with *a lot* of stuff very similar to TF2. There's nothing wrong with that. Why the need to get defensive?

For WoW -- it's because there are several groups of salty people that are salty for different reasons.
    I'm salty because I can't trust them to be honest, upfront, and open. Flying at first major patch -> Flying someday -> Flying never -> Flying in a few weeks -> Flying in a few months.

The destruction of an entire spec (demo warlock) at one point because it was too op and then saying they'll fix it next xpac.

Repeatedly their word means FUCK ALL.

Cool, we're getting multi-spec.... oh .. they so casually "forgot" to mention it's going to cost gold to simply swap specs now. "forgot" -- right.

I'm salty because every time they have a cool idea -- the fuck it up beyond measure so I'm left going "that's a cool idea, how do you plan on fucking it up now?".

In all honestly, if Legion doesn't hit the nail on the head -- I see several dev's being let go or moved to another team because they "doubled" their size only to fail... and this would be their second back-to-back failure (WoD was so bad they just said fuck it and worried about Legion since 6.2 -- it's been THE smallest expansion and most expensive to date -- all with "double" the developer count).

Then you get Blue's who are so disconnected that they had to explain to people *how* to play during an alpha. These are people who already know how to play -- and where playing BrM wrong. This means the average person is *FUCKED* at that point in time and they didn't even see that coming.

I'm salty because they are destroying a game and are entirely blind to it. I question whether or not the other games are a partial cause to this...

But as for me being salty to their other copy-cat games? Eh, IDC. Their LoL-Dota2 game called HotS isn't *bad*. Their MtG game called "Hearthstone" is meh -- I'm, personally, not paying for a virtual card game I can't re-sell my cards for cash. No thank you. Overwatch? I bought, pretty fun... but I don't see myself having the same addiction to a game like that like I used to have 10 years ago with Natural Selection, Counter Strike, or TF2. I just don't. But according to some -- I'm "salty" because I'm not cock deep in them and everything Blizzard makes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I should've known a thread with this title would attract the fanboys.

I wasn't proving anything I was giving my own interpretation. A source isn't needed for crappy PR and the cheap way out would be them focusing on a card game and a game like Overwatch and Hots rather than a game with a world of some sort.

- - - Updated - - -

Bliz could release a side scroller and 10 million chumps would eat it up.
    Ahhh, so all of your arguments DO just come down to "They aren't making what I want them to make dammit!". Gotcha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRambo View Post
    I'm an article writer on a (foreign) Blizzard fansite. About a year ago, we've transitioned from publishing WoW news exclusively to general Blizzard news and covering news from all their IPs.
    This right here i think is the problem, I think as wow gets older less and less sites report exclusively on wow news because... well there are not as many news and not as many people that just want wow news.
    So they see this other IP's as the enemy "they are the reason for the lack of wow news" or " blizzard resources are been redistributed to the new IP's " so they resent them and see them as the reason wow does not get as much coverage as it used to.

Or MMO's players are just not interested in MOBA's,(heros) card games(hearthstone) or FPS's(overwatch) and some people see this lack of interest and dismissive attitude as hate.

those are my 2 guesses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they want legacy, and think it's taken resources away from their possible dreams?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Why would you think that?
    How dare you questing me? I am gonna fuck you up. See hostility

wow players are understandably bitter because they played the game which funded these new titles while watching that game suffer from less and less development focus. When you get things like versatility and the post cata talent system which were clearly created to reduce the amount of time devs actually spend trying to balance the game at the expense of gameplay on top of objectively reduced overall content, then see an announcement for a new moba - well, yeah.
    ^^^^ this.

Because they are a shitty, greedy company that condones asshole fanbois in their disgusting and cry baby tantrums to other members offering critical feedback. Blizzard are a cunt company, worse than EA games and they literally do not give two fucks about their games or community.

Deleted
    The very first reply to this thread was the best, and alot of posters on here have done a very good job of proving it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    Because Blizzard sold out. You can now buy gold, gear, instant level 100, name change, server change faction change etc with real money in WOW. Oh yeah and of course because the game is actually really bad at the moment. No new content for over 1 year.

I believe their other games are also include micro transactions.
    This, primarily.

I don't mind microtransactions, but the fact that non-f2p things like Overwatch has them (And there's some gambling component, if I heard right?), and the fact that WoW still has a subscription model on top of microtransactions feels so skeevy to me.

And they're usually overpriced microtransactions. Like, a level 100 is not worth 60 dollars in the slightest.