Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Why nobody ever gets fired at Blizzard?

Why nobody ever gets fired at Blizzard? As far as I know, everyone who no longer works there went away by their own choice.
    Others who didn't leave but were replaced by others were instead "promoted" to something else (Tom Chilton) or they changed team (Jay Wilson).

I guess Blizzard's philosophy works in real life too: instead of nerfing one class because it's OP, rather buff all others to the same level. This way you only get positive responses because of buffs instead of negative because of nerfs.

Did anyone actually get fired because of poor working performance at Blizzard?

Tried lighting a fire in a Blizzard? It's impossible!

Things that players call for firings over aren't the sort of things that actually get people fired.

How would you even know if someone was fired? There was a lot of speculation that Zarhym was fired not too long ago given his quick departure. Silly question if you have even an inkling of knowledge of how businesses and major corporations work.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-05-16 at 01:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Question is why would Blizzard make it public if they were to fire an employee? For all we know they could have fired plenty of people, and just not announced it, because frankly it's non of our business.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they do, why do you think you're entitled to know?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

10+ Year Old Account
    They have nearly 7000 employees. Trust me, people have been fired. It's just, one, not anyone important and high-up, and two, why the hell would they tell us? Their internal staffing is none of our business.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    Things that players call for firings over aren't the sort of things that actually get people fired.
    This.
    "You made talents I don't like and now I suck in pvp/pve even more than I already did! It's your fault! You should be unemployed and collecting unemployment, putting your family and life in jeopardy!"

Because scapegoating isn't the answer to the problems you want fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Question is why would Blizzard make it public if they were to fire an employee? For all we know they could have fired plenty of people, and just not announced it, because frankly it's non of our business.
    Of course I'm not thinking of official response, but we know many Blizzard employees using twitter, so we would for sure know they don't work there anymore, right? And usually they just move to other company, or talk how they needed a break.

I'm fairly certain some employees have gotten the "Leave Blizzard of your own accord or we'll fire you" offer. One certain Community Manager's public meltdown comes to mind.
    Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Tried lighting a fire in a Blizzard? It's impossible!
    I like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    Of course I'm not thinking of official response, but we know many Blizzard employees using twitter, so we would for sure know they don't work there anymore, right? And usually they just move to other company, or talk how they needed a break.
    Do you follow all 7,000 employees on Twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    This ^^^, and it does happen I'm sure...and also remember, firing someone is generally not good PR as it makes the company look bad for hiring them in the first place, so that plays a small role in companies generally trying to push resignations or transfers on people instead of direct firings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Do you follow all 7,000 employees on Twitter?
    Of course not, but never heard of any case, because I'm sure from those 7000 employees someone would say it if it would happen, right? But yeah ok, those at the top seems to be more like a Blizzard's symbols, so I guess that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    If they do, why do you think you're entitled to know?
    Going with these, It's none of your business who gets fired or not. and considering it is a business I am quite sure people do get fired all the time. OFC we got the peanut gallary here thats always like " WoW gameplay sucks fire someone! " They nerfed my class in pvp fire someone! " " I think wod is trash fire someone!" I'd rather people stop being childish and start thinking like adults but fuck this is mmo-champ so i know logic is forbidden.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quite often when the reason for letting someone go isn't too seriously bad the employee and company will portray it as an amicable parting of ways so that both of them end up with a positive public image for being such nice awesome positive people.
    Signature not found

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bormes View Post
    This ^^^, and it does happen I'm sure...and also remember, firing someone is generally not good PR as it makes the company look bad for hiring them in the first place, so that plays a small role in companies generally trying to push resignations or transfers on people instead of direct firings.
    But making it look as if they keep anyone despite of the failures in last years gives customers a bad message too. Do they even care?

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not, but never heard of any case, because I'm sure from those 7000 employees someone would say it if it would happen, right? But yeah ok, those at the top seems to be more like a Blizzard's symbols, so I guess that's why.
    Look at it this way: In real life, my title is Product Manager, which is a glorified way to call me a lead senior developer. I lead a team of software engineers by prioritizing the requests from our clients and ensuring they complete their work up to standards. I didn't get to that position by being bad at my job or slacking off, so by that point, it's really, really hard to fire me. Blizzard is the same way. The most notable people, the top of the top are there because they succeed. They're good at their jobs, even if what they decide to do isn't what Joe Blow on the forum wants. When you reach that level, you rarely, if ever get fired. These people usually just move on to a new position somewhere else, or they agree with Blizzard that it isn't working out any more and separate. It's gonna be nearly impossible to find these people fired unless there is a huge scandal of some sort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you don't work at blizzard and don't have access to this sort of information. And people getting fired is a quite rare thing, if you don't work at mcdonalds or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.