Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    Read your article, and you've got one guy, who claims that he personally investigated a whopping 31 cases? And that's all there is? really?

I have someplace to be, but when I come back, I'll pull up slews of voter fraud for you.
    Can't wait.

Remember, they have to be in-person voter fraud, at a polling station, not voter registration fraud or absentee ballot fraud or any of those other varieties, because voter ID laws only protect against in-person voter fraud.

15+ Year Old Account
    Republicans have invested hundreds of millions into finding this so-called illegal voting, and yet for all of this money sunk into finding voter fraud, they can't seem to turn up any real proof of it happening beyond the less than 20 cases per year across the entire nation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Can't wait.

Remember, they have to be in-person voter fraud, at a polling station, not voter registration fraud or absentee ballot fraud or any of those other varieties, because voter ID laws only protect against in-person voter fraud.
    Let's not forget how this discussion always goes. After proving that many places Republicans have created extreme burden to even acquire a picture ID for those of low income, we always have someone who goes "Well if you're too poor to drive 60 miles to the DMV then you shouldn't be voting".
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    The presumption that anything 1 micron to the right of center is racist and xenophobic.
    If it's Right of the US Centre?.. Well in the rest of the world we joke that you have a Far Right Party and an Extreme Right Party.

But it SHOULD be investigated. If it's actual suppression it is ALWAYS wrong. If it's just the fact that right wing views lack popularity? Well then there's nothing wrong with that.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    This statement is completely false. State issued ID is 100% free.
    No it isn't. I just got one last election in 2014. Cost me $15.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    If the voter fraud wasn't that big, then you shouldn't have any problem with Requiring IDs in order to vote.
    After all, you are required to provide an ID to buy alcohol, purchase firearms, and drive a vehicle.

Not requiring an ID in order to vote is nothing more than political ploy, for the sole purpose of circumventing federal law.

Oh, and when I attempted to click on your article, the response I got was the the page doesn't exist.
    So you are trying to force a solution to a problem that DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST? Are you fucking serious?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    All of those, would not have been prevented by voter ID laws. Thanks for proving Endus's point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    This statement is completely false: "State issued ID is 100% free."

FIFY.

"In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Note, I and indeed most all other liberals would be fine with a voter ID system that is fair and cost-free for low income workers. If they were to offer voting cards upon registration that served as a means to vote, or some other system that provided an ID card at no cost that was also easy to get, it would be fine.

But Republicans have proven in the past that their voter ID laws are not in any way good faith towards ensuring everyone can vote. They've often limited the hours of polling places with high democrat turn out to ensure that the votes are lower than normal. They've made it so that most forms of photo ID typically carried by the poorer and lower income Americans, like student photo IDs, are not accepted. They make it so that DMV offices are very far away, and have very limited hours. Texas even tried to pass a voter ID law that you would have to have the exact same name on your photo ID as the name you registered with, which made it so that any woman who did not keep their maiden name could not vote.

It also seems that many Republican politicians have convinced their followers that this is not to disenfranchise voters, but it is in fact completely designed to do so. When you register to vote, you bring various forms of ID, including birth certificate to register to vote. You are then assigned to your appropriate district. In essence, you have to prove who you are who you say you are to even vote. Then you go to that polling place with your name, and vote once with your name. For voting fraud to happen at the polls, someone would have to show up knowing the name of someone who votes in that district. This makes mass voter fraud incredibly hard to do in the first place.

Where the most voter fraud has been found to occur is in the REGISTRATION process, not the actual voting/polling places. Another place where a lot of fraud occurs is absentee ballots. But both of these forms of high voter fraud actually benefit Republicans, so they don't want to do anything about it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Drivers licenses are 20 dollars in my state. And they are required for so many things... this is such a dumb ass argument against them. You need them to work, for school, to give blood, and so many other things....

If DLs are really like 70 bucks in WA, thats a separate issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    -snip-
    I hope none of this is true. These things should be completely illegal, and whoever passed those laws should be prosecuted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with suppressing racist and xenophobic news stories?
    Nothing, if you live in North Korea.

In America, we like to see all the news. Not just the stuff we agree with.

This is also why polls are conducted. Knowing what other people think has value, regardless of if they're right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    Anyway, their egos, or "epeens" (electronic penises) aside, here are a few links that may help:

Quote Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
    Nothing, if you live in North Korea.

In America, we like to see all the news. Not just the stuff we agree with.

This is also why polls are conducted. Knowing what other people think has value, regardless of if they're right.
    Quick story....

Its Facebook. Not news.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Quick story....

Its Facebook. Not news.
    lol is that supposed to be a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    Anyway, their egos, or "epeens" (electronic penises) aside, here are a few links that may help:

Quote Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
    lol is that supposed to be a joke?

Um, did you think you that proved your point? Cause, another true story....

It actually proves mine.

Look, Facebook is not in anyway a news source. If people view it as one, when is isn't, that doesn't make it so. If I sold donuts, and people decided I was tire shop, that doesn't mean I'd become a tire shop. Magic doesn't exist, you know.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Note, I and indeed most all other liberals would be fine with a voter ID system that is fair and cost-free for low income workers. If they were to offer voting cards upon registration that served as a means to vote, or some other system that provided an ID card at no cost that was also easy to get, it would be fine.

But Republicans have proven in the past that their voter ID laws are not in any way good faith towards ensuring everyone can vote. They've often limited the hours of polling places with high democrat turn out to ensure that the votes are lower than normal. They've made it so that most forms of photo ID typically carried by the poorer and lower income Americans, like student photo IDs, are not accepted. They make it so that DMV offices are very far away, and have very limited hours. Texas even tried to pass a voter ID law that you would have to have the exact same name on your photo ID as the name you registered with, which made it so that any woman who did not keep their maiden name could not vote.

It also seems that many Republican politicians have convinced their followers that this is not to disenfranchise voters, but it is in fact completely designed to do so. When you register to vote, you bring various forms of ID, including birth certificate to register to vote. You are then assigned to your appropriate district. In essence, you have to prove who you are who you say you are to even vote. Then you go to that polling place with your name, and vote once with your name. For voting fraud to happen at the polls, someone would have to show up knowing the name of someone who votes in that district. This makes mass voter fraud incredibly hard to do in the first place.

Where the most voter fraud has been found to occur is in the REGISTRATION process, not the actual voting/polling places. Another place where a lot of fraud occurs is absentee ballots. But both of these forms of high voter fraud actually benefit Republicans, so they don't want to do anything about it.
    Yep. As has been reported, both sides have done some form of registration fraud. But these laws aren't designed to address that, otherwise Republicans would get their other forms of disenfranchisement taken away from them. This one just happens to hit Democrats moreso than Republicans.

Deleted
    Do all those teenage girls and middle-aged housewifes on Facebook even care?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Drivers licenses are 20 dollars in my state. And they are required for so many things... this is such a dumb ass argument against them. You need them to work, for school, to give blood, and so many other things....

If DLs are really like 70 bucks in WA, thats a separate issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope none of this is true. These things should be completely illegal, and whoever passed those laws should be prosecuted.
    Batman never said anything about Republicans passing laws to allow registration fraud. That is still illegal but the voter ID laws address none of the actual fraud when it comes to elections. There have been literally 31 cases that would have been prevented by these laws since 2000. 31 out of over a BILLION votes. Less than 1% of 1% of the total votes. But yet there have been thousands of cases where people have been registered the wrong party so they can't vote in primaries, or not registered at all because they were registering at a Republican polling place as a Democrat or vice versa.

Driver's Licenses on the other hand, are technically not a constitutionally protected right like voting is. Neither are the other things you listed.

Deleted
    Considering it only exists as it applies to individuals, yes. It is. Unless you're somehow arguing that speech exists without being spoken by individuals at some point. Which is nonsense.
    No, first because as i said, freedoms are freedom from state action.
    Therefore, the principle of free speech is not a freedom.
    Its also not individual - It protects ideas, not actually speech.
    For instance, its perfectly legal to chant things, (as in its a protected free speech right) but it would not be covered under the principle.
    Or to make an example, 99 people think A, One person thinks B, Both viewpoints should receive the same amount of speaking time.
    Thus, its in no way an individual freedom.

That's the "free" part of the phrase. You can't argue that it isn't about freedoms, when it explicitly states it's about freedoms.
    No, freedoms are things you enjoy in relation to state action.
    Even more importantly, its the 'Speech' that is free - and as i said before, 'Speech' should be parsed as ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    The presumption that anything 1 micron to the right of center is racist and xenophobic.
    Yup.

That's about all there is to this story.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    For it to be a criminal investigation, it has to be known that a crime was done in the first place,
    No it doesnt.
    All investigations done by the FBI are criminal investigations, even if they turn up zero wrongdoing.
    It's a security inquiry because there was no obvious crime committed and they were going over evidence to see if there was a possibility that there was, but otherwise just a look into possible security breach.
    No, A security inquiry has no defined meaning.

Just because you're positive that Hillary has committed a crime does not mean your views match with reality.
    No, the FBI are conducting a criminal investigation, regardless of her or anyone else's putative culpability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So you are trying to force a solution to a problem that DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST? Are you fucking serious?.
    Virtually no legally acquired guns are used in criminal activity.
    Why do the Democrats still insist on having IDs for buying guns?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    You are making the same mistake as the conservatives who claim they're being discriminated against for their beliefs - you're conflating dislike for nuttery with discrimination against conservatives; they aren't identical, because, among other things, not all conservatives are anti-science conspiracy theorists who want to control others actions.
    This bit is true.
    But when people say, I don't like republicans, because they are nutters, they are using a form of logic that goes this way:
    I don't like criminals, so i don't hire black people.
    And they explicitly saying that - at best - 'I dont hire republicans, because they are nutters' - at worst, its just i dont hire republicans.

Ah, the regressive matra. "I don't want another opinion so I'm going to blanket it with false statements such as "racist" and "xenophobic" Tell me...when was it "xenophobic" to ENFORCE your own immigration LAW? Oh, right- when the left decided "One world government".

The racism comes from the left because the left is filled with people that turn everything into race and look for racism under every little rock and even planting shit there just to start shit. "Hands up don't shoot" was a lie- yet the left still champions it as some sort of self-righteous cause against racism. Michael Brown would of beaten and robbed YOU without thought or hesitation and he would of told his homies about it with a smile when he got back to his crib and yet you champion him like he was someone to emulate. You're so fake.

- - - Updated - - -

The entire "controversy" is that extremist propaganda sites often get pruned out because of their extremism and how they misprepresent the facts, and people want to blame that on a partisan bias, rather than a preference for accuracy.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't about anyone being "silenced", just whether they're promoted as "trending" or not by Facebook.
    MSNBC doesn't get pruned out and they are the extreme left. They even gave Al Sharpton a prime time spot and if you don't think he stirs up race to line his greedy little pockets then you are...oh wait- just noticed who I was talking to.

Deleted
    You are the problem, i don't have problem with any race, i have problem with people.