Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mounts in Legion

Has anyone else noticed how dire all the mounts so far are for Legion?

The Spider looks cool, and is literally one of the only ones with a new skeleton we've not seen on a mount before; but it seems its going to be a gold sink to try and fix Blizzards own mess-up with the economy from WOD. I don't think I'd have an issue with it if there were a lot more great mounts instead.

The fellbats look pretty cool, but look like they're going to be Demon Hunter only. I'm pretty sure this is the ONLY other new Skeleton on a mount in the whole expansion?

The Infernals imo look awful; there's been no precedent for Infernals running on all fours before - It's an INCREDIBLY lazy retooling of the Gronn skeleton. They're Gladiator mounts anyway now, so will be out of reach to most players. Likewise, the weird unicorns are just weird redecos of the Windsteed mount.

Apart from that the only new and different mount seems to be the fox mount.

We have..

MORE colours of mooses, ghost mooses, corrupted mooses, the inevitable fel-moose later in the expansion.

The bear rat. Which is just a weird rat model forced clumsily onto a bear. IT's build and animations look nothing like a rat.

A core hound recolour

A mech suit recolour

A "every mount in PvP" recolour

ANOTHER 6 new Draenor style Wolves datamined .

More Hipogryph recolours

Another turtle recolour.

More Drakes

Are there any that I've missed, or is this really all we're getting? ARe there any that anyone is particularly looking forward to?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

7+ Year Old Account
    as long we dont get fcking boars and wolves im happy.
    dont care if its just a recolor.
    just.... no... more... wolves/boars.... PLEASE!

Formerly known as Arafal

spider looks like a spider, not too fussed with it new skeleton or otherwise.

the felbat looks awful imo, being dh only hopefully means they're less popular.

the infernals are awesome, straight up. It's a shame the pvpers cried so hard about hte unicorns and now we wont see any.

moose is the new model, just like the wolf in mop > wod. This shouldn't be surprising.

complaining a unique looking store mount will have versions ingame... exactly what most people want...?

We get recolours every expansion

You seem to have an obsession with skeletons and write off new models such as the drakes which imo look great. Why does it matter if they're reusing an old skeleton for a model? It still looks like a new model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    You'll be happy to know these were datamined in one of the last patches. WE don't know if/where they'll be used in legion yet though...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    You'll be happy to know these were datamined in one of the last patches. WE don't know if/where they'll be used in legion yet though...
    get this curse out of my sight.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    don't forget the infernals for gladiators that are all the rage and QQ at the moment by pvers!

7+ Year Old Account
    btw, you forgot the unicorns.
    they look awesome.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So they should do us all a favour and stop adding mounts. Everyone will be happy. Right?
    If they're going to make a Rat mount, they should make it look and run like a rat imo; not like a bear with a rat face stuck on. Likewise, if you're adding an Infernal mount, make it walk about and move like an Infernal, and not gallop on the floor on all fours like a Gronn and like no Infernal in the game ever.

I don't see what's so unreasonable about this?

7+ Year Old Account
    tbh, i dont see really a problem.
    we get tons of recolors every expac, the problem in wod was that they overused boars and wolves to much, we got sick of them pretty fast.
    in legion we get the infernals, the moose mounts, the spider, the unicorns, the storm drakes, even a rat.
    i dont think it will get boring fast.

- - - Updated - - -

on the rat animation.

dont see much of a problem.

Formerly known as Arafal

Fox Mount
    Bats look cool, probably aren't DH only
    New Drakes look great
    New PVP mounts - Unicorns are kinda cool, the vicious gladiator mounts are always awesome, and hopefully there are more reskins of those with various ways to get them
    Rat looks stupid, but it's a rat...
    Infernals look dumb I agree
    Hipogryphs are cool
    Moose are alright, but I agree they do seem to be getting excessive.

I'm betting that the fox is the new mythic only mount

10+ Year Old Account
    The moose is technically new though. It was developed for Legion, but one was released early to get more people doing HFC. So while there may be a few of them in Legion, it's not really a big deal.

Reusing skeletons is also not a big deal if they fit. The rat mount fits the bear skeleton well; the problem isn't the skeleton, it's how the model itself isn't shaped like a rat.

AFAIK the new hippogryphs are the high-quality models that aren't available without paying real money, no? So having new ones in-game will be nice.

And the new storm dragons look awesome. Plus they're huge (unless that's been changed)--the first full-sized dragons we're getting as mounts.

Edit: You also forgot the fish and the octopus mounts.

Edit2: Also the bird raptors, although you'd probably just complain that they reuse the raptor skeleton.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2016-05-16 at 04:22 PM.

The Infernals don't use the Gronn skeleton any more, they got their own animation set like three months ago.

The drakes have a new model and look good. Personally I'm hoping for some of those demon-birds to appear as mounts.
    Also, some non pvp unicorns pls

To be honest though nothing has blown me away so far. The last time I was super excited was for the cloud serpents in Mop

I don't know, I think quite a few of them look really nice and as you say that spider is going to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post

Edit2: Also the bird raptors, although you'd probably just complain that they reuse the raptor skeleton.
    I've been wondering what happened with those - according to Warcraft Mounts they're no longer in the Legion database:

http://www.warcraftmounts.com/legion.php#falcosaurs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glowbear View Post
    I've been wondering what happened with those - according to Warcraft Mounts they're no longer in the Legion database:

http://www.warcraftmounts.com/legion.php#falcosaurs
    The items that teach you them and the spells that summon them are still in the database... Maybe they mean that the models were removed? That would be odd, but possible.

Might indicate they are revising/redoing the models, in that case? But if so I'm not sure why they would remove them until the new models were ready.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    I agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So they should do us all a favour and stop adding mounts. Everyone will be happy. Right?
    Dunno about everyone, me personally would be happy if there won't be 16456753487586243 copies of the same model everywhere. I'd love to have: 1 unique mount for exalted with some faction; 1 unique mount for archaeology solves, 1 unique mount for mythic last boss, 1 unique mount for glads, 1 unique mount for class hall quests, 1 absolutely lazy and uninspired boring shit for random camping idiocy AKA TLPD analogue, and 1 unique mount for in-game shop. That's seven mounts total, with each being a unique model, clearly showing that its owner is good in some part of a game (or, in case of TLPD, that his owner is a botter and/or an unemployed basement dweller).

I also fail to understand the hate for WoD boars and wolves. Their models are very good; and with fixed running animation, they are great mounts. Do you people dislike overall quantity of their recolors in game, that's why the hate? Right, that's why I wrote this post. Less mounts overall, but more emphasis on each existing mount instead. Quality > quantity.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-05-20 at 11:41 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    There were always recolors/same skeleton for mounts in wow...

WoD just made it worse, with tripleing the recolors of ugly mounts
    I don't mind different colours on mounts, I can choose the "best" colour that I want to use. But in WoD, there were 5 different shades of same colour for wolves/boars and that's not good.