Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Absolute disbelief in the Warlock Destro Artifact Chain (Artifact Quest Spoilers)

So I just got to the bit where I claim the Scepter of Sargeras.

I basically help the Shadow Council reclaim Artifacts in order for these Artifacts to strengthen the Portal at the Tomb of Sargeras so it can connect to multiple Legion Worlds instead of just Argus. My plan is to steal an Artifact and do a getaway. Overall makes sense but...

Now in charge of this operation is Gul'Dan.

So I swoop in and say Hello to Gul'Dan. Apparently Gul'Dan, who is pretty renown for his cunning and cleverness and who we chased throughout all of WoD and the guy who also watched us kill Sargeras' right/left hand man Archimonde just randomly entrusts us, the player this incredible Artifact the Scepter of Sargeras to complete this quite important ritual to solidify the Legions hold over this planet even though he has a perfectly loyal follower he could choose to oversee this ritual instead of us standing right next to me...

Absolute bullshit is all I have to say. I know I'm an edge lord Warlock with waning loyalties n evils etc.

But bullshit, absolute bullshit.

They shouldn't of used Gul'dan as the character in charge of the ritual, they should of used *insert Eredar Warlock dude who knows us slightly from stories*. For one of the characters in Warcraft renown for his cunning and overall intelligence to do one of the most retarded things ever in Warcraft just ruins that section of the quest chain for me.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-05-13 at 04:32 PM.

1. Gul'dan is assisting the ritual from Argus' end, so you could say the ritual needs both ends and he can't do it all by himself.
    2. You are under an illusion spell as one of his liutenants who brought him the book of Medivh - thus, going on the top of the food chain amongst his minions.

I mean it's another can of worms how he couldn't see through that illusion but apart from that your points are pretty invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    1. Gul'dan is assisting the ritual from Argus' end, so you could say the ritual needs both ends and he can't do it all by himself.
    2. You are under an illusion spell as one of his liutenants who brought him the book of Medivh - thus, going on the top of the food chain amongst his minions.

I mean it's another can of worms how he couldn't see through that illusion but apart from that your points are pretty invalid.
    He could use the Nightborne Elf who gave him the Eye of Dalaran to complete the ritual, instead of his borderline nemesis you, the player.

I didn't appear to be under any illusion? Even when I arrived at the tomb Gul'Dan states "Oh it's you, I know you. You've given me much trouble before. You have changed to the winning side then "Hero"".

Gul'Dan knows exactly who I am and the fact he then proceeds to trust me to give me the incredibly powerful Artifact and help him with this frankly war winning ritual is fucking stupid.

Which makes the whole scene completely nonsensical and ridiculous.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-05-13 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    He could use the Nightborne Elf who gave him the Eye of Dalaran to complete the ritual, instead of his borderline nemesis you, the player.

I didn't appear to be under any illusion? Even when I arrived at the tomb Gul'Dan states "Oh it's you, I know you. You've given me much trouble before. You have changed to the winning side then "Hero"".

Gul'Dan knows exactly who I am and the fact he then proceeds to trust me to give me the incredibly powerful Artifact and help him with this frankly war winning ritual is fucking stupid.

Which makes the whole scene completely nonsensical and ridiculous.
    You are under an illusion spell as his orc liutenant, the little demon friend thing casts it on you before you take the portal to the Tomb. After you botch the ritual, then Gul'dan sees through it (Which is pretty stupid, too, I admit.) and goes "Dafuq it's you!"

Personally I do think that Gul'dan himself not being able to see through that little demon's spell is pretty stupid, but hey at least Warlocks get to fuck Gul'dan over - which is more than you can say about most artifact chains. (Killing Sir Whogivesafuck in Karazhan anyone?)

You are under an illusion spell as his orc liutenant, the little demon friend thing casts it on you before you take the portal to the Tomb. After you botch the ritual, then Gul'dan sees through it (Which is pretty stupid, too, I admit.) and goes "Dafuq it's you!"

Personally I do think that Gul'dan himself not being able to see through that little demon's spell is pretty stupid, but hey at least Warlocks get to fuck Gul'dan over - which is more than you can say about most artifact chains. (Killing Sir Whogivesafuck in Karazhan anyone?)
    Didn't we overload the Portal in the Tomb too which I guess stopped it for a bit? Warlocks doing work.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-05-13 at 04:56 PM.

This is actually no longer the case with the latest beta patch, you are yourself the entire time. A hero gone rogue in Gul'dan (and the greater shadow council's) eyes.

7+ Year Old Account
    ok i havent seen you doing this as the hero but really, you do all this no knowing you will get the staff, in gul'dans eyes you really have shown yourself worthy, you did bring him the book of medivh... really we traded 1 artifact for another >_> not really that good of a trade ,speaking we also gave him the eye.... but really he also sorta suspects the elf to kill you, and if you do kill the elf you are rather worthy, also he sort of thinks of you as weak, the two orcs have to help you there, yet even with the 2 of them stabalizing the portal, you outpower both of them, and destablizie it... showing you are much more powerful then he thinks...

so it does seems out of his charecter, but guldan has allways been a cocky charecter... and this shows here, look at the WoD cinematic where he doesent flee as soon as mannaroth shows up, thinking there will be no fight...

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    ok i havent seen you doing this as the hero but really, you do all this no knowing you will get the staff, in gul'dans eyes you really have shown yourself worthy, you did bring him the book of medivh... really we traded 1 artifact for another >_> not really that good of a trade ,speaking we also gave him the eye.... but really he also sorta suspects the elf to kill you, and if you do kill the elf you are rather worthy, also he sort of thinks of you as weak, the two orcs have to help you there, yet even with the 2 of them stabalizing the portal, you outpower both of them, and destablizie it... showing you are much more powerful then he thinks...

so it does seems out of his charecter, but guldan has allways been a cocky charecter... and this shows here, look at the WoD cinematic where he doesent flee as soon as mannaroth shows up, thinking there will be no fight...
    He thinks I'm weak even though I successfully lead the Alliance campaign against the Iron Horde and killed Archimonde in front of his very eyes?

Right. Pretty sure I should be the least trustworthy individual in his memory.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-05-13 at 07:27 PM.

He thinks I'm weak even though I successfully lead the Alliance campaign against the Iron Horde and killed Archimonde in front of his very eyes?

I think your anger with this relative issue while being fully aware that this company fabricates it's own lore and alters it as it pleases for the sake of profit is as irrelevant as it is foolish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I think your anger with this relative issue while being fully aware that this company fabricates it's own lore and alters it as it pleases for the sake of profit is as irrelevant as it is foolish.
    This company literally wrote the lore...

7+ Year Old Account

eh we dident single handedly, you have (lore wise about 50 people) helping you
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    This company literally wrote the lore...
    stating my point ?

At this point I don't think you should be surprised by the story writing abilities of the people that brought you Mary "Thrallmetzen" Sue, time traveling Orcs and:

______

However, in the vein of getting what we can out of it you could think of it like this: Gul'dan knows 99% of warlocks are doomed to fall to fel corruption or you having the artifact helps him in some way(hastening the aforementioned perhaps.)
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2016-05-13 at 08:36 PM.

Not to mention 3 (three!) superpowerfull weapons just laying around in a basement
    made by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    "Perfectly loyal follower"... LAWL.

I think you do not pay much attention to what being warlock is, there is no perfectly loyal there. Heck, that very same questline gives you the clue about warlock loyalty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    eh we dident single handedly, you have (lore wise about 50 people) helping you
    Well, lorewise we were the commander of the army that invaded and destroyed his fortress.

I simply assumed that when you give Gul'dan the book, you're making a grand gesture. You give him a bunch more power and you're there alone with no backup. Gul'dan is convinced he could wipe you out of existence right there if he wanted to and we put ourselves willingly in that position. Considering we're also Warlocks, which are known to be standing on the brink of being sucked into Fel influence, there isn't much reason for Gul'dan to think we didn't switch sides.

My major problem with the artifact isn't how we get it, but how stupidly strong it is. It can be used to *destroy planets* just by opening a bunch of portals. Technically all we need to do is fight to the enemy portal on the Broken Isles, get the warlock through and let him absolutely destroy whatever place they're coming from. We have a doomsday weapon in our possession. It is on a scale far beyond any of the other artifacts.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that simple, just the staff by itself has no such power, it needs to be amplified to get to the Outland level.

Besides, you need to know how to use it. I don't think we just get this level of knowledge automatically embedded in our skulls upon touching it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    Well, lorewise we were the commander of the army that invaded and destroyed his fortress.

I simply assumed that when you give Gul'dan the book, you're making a grand gesture. You give him a bunch more power and you're there alone with no backup. Gul'dan is convinced he could wipe you out of existence right there if he wanted to and we put ourselves willingly in that position. Considering we're also Warlocks, which are known to be standing on the brink of being sucked into Fel influence, there isn't much reason for Gul'dan to think we didn't switch sides.

My major problem with the artifact isn't how we get it, but how stupidly strong it is. It can be used to *destroy planets* just by opening a bunch of portals. Technically all we need to do is fight to the enemy portal on the Broken Isles, get the warlock through and let him absolutely destroy whatever place they're coming from. We have a doomsday weapon in our possession. It is on a scale far beyond any of the other artifacts.
    yeah you come along and give him a book, aswell as a eye, and kill the guy showing you are faithful

well also it doesent single handedly destroy planets, it took all three artifacts, and many weeks to open enough portals to destroy it so...

- - - Updated - - -

yeah you come along and give him a book, aswell as a eye, and kill the guy showing you are faithful

well also it doesent single handedly destroy planets, it took all three artifacts, and many weeks to open enough portals to destroy it so...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Lorewise we are generals and not commanders Level 3 garrison upgrade cinematic shows us that - the horde/alliance leaders calls you - General. Unfortunately, quests, etc., don't mention this.

Speculative Spoiler Alert

What if... Gul'dan gives you the artifact with some other ulterior motive..? Taking the strongest warlock, giving them artifact of power by pretending to believe they have "fallen".

Gul'dan knows, he pretends to accept you have fallen, and gives you artifact of power with the intention of completely corrupting you? (Hint: You may become the gateway to bring Sageras? into Azeroth BOOM!)
    Last edited by Apaylo; 2016-05-16 at 12:54 PM.