Poll: How much should the spider mount cost.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd probably pay 100k gold for it max. 2 million gold is out of my price range, personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    It actually is. Maybe your life (or lack thereof) revolves around this game, but not everybody has eleven characters constantly completing garrison missions, selling items and/or running old raids. Plenty of people will buy this? You grossly overestimate the amount of people like you. No, it's not fine because making content exclusively for less than a handful of players is the stupidest thing you can do. Good, maybe if I keep it up you'll drop dead.
    Making so many assumptions and then proceeding to wish death upon me. Yes, one of us has issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    But again, if you need to have an "end-game" feature for gold farmers, what could you offer, which was worth the price of 2 mill? It has to be an item/feature, which have no effect on raiding or pvp.

If they lowered the price, you would also lower its complete value. Exculsivity is often what determines the value of items, and if you make it so that people can earn the mount in a few weeks, without much effort, then the mount completly looses its value as an end-game thing.
    I'm at a loss why people think Gold-farmers need some big exclusive end-game reward for their play-style.

They NEVER have to EVER pay for their subscription (in REAL money) ever again if they've got enough gold. Surely already that's a far better reward for their effort than a mount?

The 2 million is what? 3 years subscription money?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    That spider better fly for 2M
    what if it could climb walls ? still be ground only but have no terrain issues?

Meh, sorry, I'll pass. Not because I don't have the gold to buy it, but because for 2 million cost it has to have no cast time, be usable indoors and be able to ride walls and ceilings. Or, at least, be beautiful as hell. Right now it is nothing but a common ugly spider mob being increased in size and that's it. Sorry, Blizz, you have to work harder to get my money.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Ever since making my first undead character way back in mid-vanilla I've always wanted a bat mount and a spider mount. I was heartbroken when I discovered they did not yet exist. By the time the Armored Bloodwing debuted I didn't even hesitate, I bought it immediately, and still use it almost exclusively on all of my alts because it remains my all-time favorite mount.

When mmo-champ showed the model for the upcoming spider mount I jumped for joy because I was FINALLY able to fulfill little 12-year-old me's dream of owning both a bat mount and a spider mount. When early information came out that it was going to cost roughly 100k I immediately got to farming so that I would have enough (before I only had about 30k on all my characters, now i'm at around 150k) and no matter what I was ready to spend all the gold I had to my name to obtain that mount. Then further information came out to say it was 2 mil, and I was really really hoping that it was just an alpha number, maybe someone hit the 0 one too many times.

Nope.

Fucking confirmed by a blue poster that it was going to stay at 2 million and fuck everybody who isn't an exclusive gold-farmer. I'll still try to get that 2 million, I guess. But I honestly doubt it will ever happen. 2 million is an outrageous amount and should be definitely changed to something in the ballpark of 100k-200k. 250k at best.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    what if it could climb walls ? still be ground only but have no terrain issues?
    That would actually be awesome and well-worth the money!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhowl View Post
    Ever since making my first undead character way back in mid-vanilla I've always wanted a bat mount and a spider mount. I was heartbroken when I discovered they did not yet exist. By the time the Armored Bloodwing debuted I didn't even hesitate, I bought it immediately, and still use it almost exclusively on all of my alts because it remains my all-time favorite mount.

When mmo-champ showed the model for the upcoming spider mount I jumped for joy because I was FINALLY able to fulfill little 12-year-old me's dream of owning both a bat mount and a spider mount. When early information came out that it was going to cost roughly 100k I immediately got to farming so that I would have enough (before I only had about 30k on all my characters, now i'm at around 150k) and no matter what I was ready to spend all the gold I had to my name to obtain that mount. Then further information came out to say it was 2 mil, and I was really really hoping that it was just an alpha number, maybe someone hit the 0 one too many times.

Nope.

Fucking confirmed by a blue poster that it was going to stay at 2 million and fuck everybody who isn't an exclusive gold-farmer. I'll still try to get that 2 million, I guess. But I honestly doubt it will ever happen. 2 million is an outrageous amount and should be definitely changed to something in the ballpark of 100k-200k. 250k at best.
    2 million is outrageous but mounts sold for real money in a sub based game isnt?

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    2 million is outrageous but mounts sold for real money in a sub based game isnt?
    25$ is a lot easier to make than 2 million gold. Even going the legal gold-buying route with selling WoW tokens it would cost over $800 to make 2mil.

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    That spider better fly for 2M
    For 2 mill it better clear mythic raids for me...lol

i dont have that money, will have to wait and earn a recolor of it thru different means

25$ is a lot easier to make than 2 million gold. Even going the legal gold-buying route with selling WoW tokens it would cost over $800 to make 2mil.
    25$ is also easier to get than gladiator mounts/raid mounts from the last boss. Should those be removed also?

Deleted
    No, it's not too much.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    25$ is also easier to get than gladiator mounts/raid mounts from the last boss. Should those be removed also?
    Implying there's no difference between effort mounts and gold-bought mounts. You're comparing Vicious War Steed to Chestnut Mare, man. The Traveler's Tundra Mammoth/Grand Expedition Yak were expensive because they had extra seats and vendors/transmog, this is just a plain ground mount with no known extra utility. The cost is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by kri4o View Post
    No, it's not too much.
    People are so stuck on current gold and earnings. We're getting ready to enter an xpac that has vendor trash items sell for 110g a piece. Watched stated this "isn't a gold sink tool." Character gold cap increased to 9.99 million. These facts alone should show that this mount, while maybe not easily obtained, is very much something everyone can have if they want it.

This ISN'T a reward mount. It's not like a Mythic mount, or a Gladiator mount that shows great skill and teamwork.

There's literally been NO reason to keep going for that much gold, and to KEEP getting more and more. "Wealth" in WoW isn't the same as in real life, it can't afford you a luxury lifestyle or similar. You can get boosts when/if you want, you can buy some gold sinks when/if you want... but a lot of people are still collecting gold beyond the point they could ever find any use for that much gold.

Gold-earning beyond the point you'd ever need it isn't a playstyle, it's some kind of obsessive problem. When people show off they have 5 characters at gold-cap, I'm not impressed - I think they should sort their life out.

Blizz fucked up big in MOP. I don't believe that everyone has nearly has enough money from Garrisons etc as they say they do, but enough people have enough gold that they quite feasibly don't have to pay a subscription again for 2-3 years or more; especially if there's not much else for them to spend gold on.

This mount is literally only here to tempt these people into throwing their millions on a cool new mount to show off for prestige, rather than never getting a subscription again.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Implying there's no difference between effort mounts and gold-bought mounts. You're comparing Vicious War Steed to Chestnut Mare, man. The Traveler's Tundra Mammoth/Grand Expedition Yak were expensive because they had extra seats and vendors/transmog, this is just a plain ground mount with no known extra utility. The cost is unnecessary.

effort mounts? Because farming 2 million takes no effort? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    This ISN'T a reward mount. It's not like a Mythic mount, or a Gladiator mount that shows great skill and teamwork.

There's literally been NO reason to keep going for that much gold, and to KEEP getting more and more. "Wealth" in WoW isn't the same as in real life, it can't afford you a luxury lifestyle or similar. You can get boosts when/if you want, you can buy some gold sinks when/if you want... but a lot of people are still collecting gold beyond the point they could ever find any use for that much gold.

Gold-earning beyond the point you'd ever need it isn't a playstyle, it's some kind of obsessive problem. When people show off they have 5 characters at gold-cap, I'm not impressed - I think they should sort their life out.

Blizz fucked up big in MOP. I don't believe that everyone has nearly has enough money from Garrisons etc as they say they do, but enough people have enough gold that they quite feasibly don't have to pay a subscription again for 2-3 years or more; especially if there's not much else for them to spend gold on.

This mount is literally only here to tempt these people into throwing their millions on a cool new mount to show off for prestige, rather than never getting a subscription again.
    Some people do more than log in and raid and make no gold. Most of my gold is from leveling alts, spending 15 minutes a day swapping them for garrison dailies, as well as most of it coming from farming old raids for mounts and xmog (which I do find fun and count as playing a game). Some people enjoy the game logging in with their free time and playing the AH. These are fun for different people and doesnt appeal to everyone. If it's fun and the way they enjoy the game, it's how it is. There's nothing wrong with it. Playing the AH and getting all those millions isn't even something that's time consuming anymore.
    Just don't presume to tell someone that what they enjoy is wrong as everyone enjoys things their own way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I'm at a loss why people think Gold-farmers need some big exclusive end-game reward for their play-style.

They NEVER have to EVER pay for their subscription (in REAL money) ever again if they've got enough gold. Surely already that's a far better reward for their effort than a mount?

The 2 million is what? 3 years subscription money?
    If you are just moderately good at making gold, you are golden when it comes to game tokens. I suck at making gold, but i play a lot and do random shit. I have enough game token time to last me to next year. The game token is not a very hard thing to get your hands on, and most gold-farming players are proberly drowning in them, so they don't really any value to them.

That is pretty much why they need more gold sinks. 50k a month is not end-game, its like the hc-dungeons stepladder.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    All the people complaining about the 2 million cost are too stupid to understand this mount is supposed to be rare. It's not about if it's worth it or not. I voted 2mil +, because I'm not a moron, and understand Blizzard's intent.

There's ways to make things rare: Make it a rare spawn like Aeonaxx, or just put it on a vendor and put a ridiculous price on it.

I much prefer the vendor option for rare mounts. I'm tired of camping for rare spawns. At least with the vendor, I know I will 100% have a chance at the mount.
    so tell me what kinda of ability does spider mount have? Climbing wall ability? Shooting webs to people faces for giggles? No.. what.. wait? Nothing? No thanks. Fuck yourself blizzard gold sink purpose. Blizzard knew this would happen when garrison gave out too many golds to people. Now they want to fuck it up and nerf the fun. That's what they are trying to do.