Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    This is going to be so dumb for raiding they do realize that if they make getting those tomes even slightly hard to obtain that any raider is just going to hearthstone to Dalaran switch talents and take a summon back?
    Maybe having to change talents and spec per boss is the fucking problem?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Expect for back then they didn't do things like your whole single target vs aoe dmg is balanced through talents that you are expected to swap to when needed to almost every spec...

The system they made makes this change full retard.
    Well here is an update from Watcher http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...264?page=7#138 on this it is a huge wall of text you have been warned..

Honestly, we'd be better off removing all talents from the game, and applying a select few to each class as standard abilities.

As it stands now, pretty much every class can do everything through talents. AoE, ST, CC, whatever it is.
    If you were to remove talent "choices" and force 6 of these "choice" as standard abilities to each class
    you would then have warriors who can only do really good ST, with decent burst AoE with Bladestorm
    And you would have hunters who can do really good AoE, and decent ST, of course, numbers would then have
    to be scaled back from hunter's ST capabilities, but honestly I think we should get rid of talents so that way
    we can actually have some sort of REAL class/spec identity.

Fury gets Dragon Roar/Bladestorm, Arms gets Avatar/Bloodbathe.. they could make it work.
    Keeping this change in conjuction (instead of talents it'd be specs tho) would actually make your
    character feel like it's something different than somebody else's death knight. or whathaveyou

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    This is what QoL changes do to people it makes them lazy as.. As soon as you change a QoL people are up in arm about it, shows really that not many of them played during Vanilla/TBC/WoTLK and so on.. Back then you always had to go back to a major city to do a talent reset and respec..
    Yea let's stop using telephones.. we had boys delivering messages back then.. this generation is so lazy!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, I read the text. If it would said "Guns abolished in the US" I could understand the rage from some people. But this? Really?
    So you expected something about the real world in a forum for games in the section about a game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Expect for back then they didn't do things like your whole single target vs aoe dmg is balanced through talents that you are expected to swap to when needed to almost every spec...

The system they made makes this change full retard.
    It seems as though you yourself didn't read the white text on your post, because it explains clearly what they're doing to make it so you don't have to go back to town every time. Furthermore the blue posts that come after that explain that the item to enable that will be usable by people who don't have the profession too. So there nothing at all to complain about.
    Generally it helps to read past the first few words of a paragraph before making a judgement on something. You don't just read the first sentence of a novel and assume you know the whole story from that, do you?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    Yea let's stop using telephones.. we had boys delivering messages back then.. this generation is so lazy!
    Well people are crying out for Vanilla servers and part of that is the need to head to a major city to change talents and so on..

I have a great idea. If we're going to use the power of forum rage and concentrated tears, how about we use it to make them change the artifact grind locking people into one spec for early progress instead of pointless qq about a 62 g cost and now needing use some scribe item?

No?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    Do you have any crops or crows to go with that strawman?
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Well here is an update from Watcher http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...264?page=7#138 on this it is a huge wall of text you have been warned..
    Yea that pretty much didn't make anything better, He wrote a wall of text that just said the samething with more paragraphs lol. If anything that made it worse.

Honestly, I think this is a pretty fantastic change. Removal of gold cost to change specs (yay!), and talent swapping isn't at-will but is still pretty trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wow..I wonder how you talk if something really bad happens in your life.

can you talk about real life with that post count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    I have a great idea. If we're going to use the power of forum rage and concentrated tears, how about we use it to make them change the artifact grind locking people into one spec for early progress instead of pointless qq about a 62 g cost and now needing use some scribe item?

No?
    This is also a non-issue. They're stated that off spec and alt artifacts will be substantially easier to level after your main artifact.
    Also, my god, you mean you actually have to make a meaningful choice of spec for the early game? Golly what will we do!
    The only people the slowed levelling of offspec artifacts will affect is the high end raiders, and they'll have more than enough time to test and decide on specs in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Metuere View Post
    This is also a non-issue. They're stated that off spec and alt artifacts will be substantially easier to level after your main artifact.
    Also, my god, you mean you actually have to make a meaningful choice of spec for the early game? Golly what will we do!
    Wonder why, for the first time since Vanilla, Spec suddenly matters?

*shrug* Some games use spec to define your character. WoW isn't one of them, and hasn't been since at least TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Metuere View Post
    I guess you don't raid or?

We have to make a choice when we don't know which will be the strongest spec; we'll have a hard time using OS healers / tanks to make up for afk's and Blizz normally hotfixes class balance a little bit into first tier so chances are whichever spec I picked might get nerfed so I'll spend the next few months grinding my teeth.

As to the catch up for OS weapons, far as I know there' no other mechanism than the fact that the artifact talents costs are exponential and then the class hall things where you start getting more and more AP from items. But it still will always means that AP for OS is AP away from MS.

Just know that while it might not be a problem for *you* it most certainly will be a problem for some of us. As a mage I'm used to being able to bring whichever of my three specs is strong for the fight we're currently progressing and now this will no longer be the case.

Switching talents right now is similar with what respeccing was for the old talent trees so it makes sense there should be an effort required to change your talent choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Wonder why, for the first time since Vanilla, Spec suddenly matters?

*shrug* Some games use spec to define your character. WoW isn't one of them, and hasn't been since at least TBC.
    Maybe because they've decided that they deviated from the fact that specs mattered and wanted to return to that? I mean they've already pretty much shown that's what they wanted with returning to their idea of class fantasies?
    Ontop of that it's hilarious seeing people beg for vanilla but when they try to bring vanilla concepts back into the game it's the end of the world.

How is the Tome different from what we have right now? Requires Inscription?

Some things, while they may make your life easier do not necessarily make your life fun or engaging.

Blizzard, over the years, has removed many things in the name of QoL, and while they certainly were fun for a little while, have slowly peeled away
    at the fun of the game. No, I am not saying that removing the restriction of talents only possible in major cities was the nail in the coffin, but that among many
    other QoL changes removed the RPG feel to the game.

Skyrim for example, was a very, very fun game for me to play on the Xbox 360, didn't play much of it because I liked it so much I wanted to play it on a gaming PC where I could amplify the graphics and make the game even more enjoyable. Not long into my playtime on the PC did I discover the cheat codes through console commands. Man, I had a BLAST spawning 10 dragons in Whiterun, or making my arrows the size of small buildings. But the fun only lasted a few hours. And slowly over time, I just didn't enjoy it any more. There were no restrictions. I could do whatever I wanted, when/wherever I wanted, and that just took all the fun out of the game. If I wanted to kill a dragon, boom, dragon spawned and killed. If I wanted a full set of the best armor, poof, armor spawned and equipped. There was nothing to work towards.
    Last edited by Nachtigal; 2016-05-17 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    PLEASE, this? This? Of all fucking changes they could have done to make this game infinitely more RPG-esque, THIS is what puts the RPG back into MMORPG?

Are you fucking high?
    Why are you so mad? Just drop the inscription bot or whatever it will be and stop having a big fat cry over nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro