Poll: Will we be forced grind artifacts for each spec.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    so not really disputing my point, thanks for agreeing.
    Dispute what? That im a shitter? I mean we can compare final tier rankings if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    If I was in charge of class development in WoW, everyone would have only 1 spec, with a reroll possibility with tons and tons of gold involved, and very hard quest line (like warlock's green fire one in terms of difficulty, just with scaling, so you never could overgear it) would be required to complete as well. Multispeccing is VERY unfair - sometimes to pures, sometimes to hybrids, - but there is absolutely no possibility to truly balance specs and tune pve content when you let people just get +1 healer/-1 healer/+400% aoe damage/+200% ST damage/more cleave/+1 tank/-1 tank on the fly by pressing a button.

Not to mention that multispeccing ruin player's identity.

That's my personal opinion.
    Wich is pretty stupid as players can just play.... more characters! Or are you saying we should only be allowed a single character slot aswell?

I level and gear up my alts, so that i can bring them to progression fights if/when they are needed. It's no different than switching to another spec at the push of a button. It's easier than ever to catch up on gear with alts, it's been getting easier and easier every single expansion. If it's going to be more difficult to switch specs than to switch characters, something is really broken.

Deleted
    What will this thread mean for blizzard? This is like the exact opposite playerbase than the one who loves nostalrius.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Wich would be absolutely outrageous, as that would be the first time ever such a state would occur. I have never, and will never, be a slave to a single spec.

What i fear for, is that off-specs and alts will be something exclusive to hardcore players, and not something casual players will be doing.
    As I told my SO, WoD put a huge damper on my desire to play alts, Legion will 100% kill them. I have much better things to do than grind out artifacts for every alt AND every spec.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    As I told my SO, WoD put a huge damper on my desire to play alts, Legion will 100% kill them. I have much better things to do than grind out artifacts for every alt AND every spec.
    That makes no sense at all, it's never been easier to catch up on gear with alts. I've been juggling 3 fully geared characters throughout raiding in the expansion, and i've put in significantly less time on them than in previous expansions.

But i agree, artifacts really ruins it for alts AND off-specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    That makes no sense at all, it's never been easier to catch up on gear with alts. I've been juggling 3 fully geared characters throughout raiding in the expansion, and i've put in significantly less time on them than in previous expansions.

But i agree, artifacts really ruins it for alts AND off-specs.
    This is true, if you are raiding you can gear up to the top even 4-5 toons but if you are not raiding you are stuck with shit gear without option to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    This is true, if you are raiding you can gear up to the top even 4-5 toons but if you are not raiding you are stuck with shit gear without option to upgrade.
    Yea, outside of raiding, PVE wise, your best place for gear are mythic dungeons (in live) with a potential to be 725 ilvl, which is extremely rare. I have only ever seen it once, and they were mine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Yea, outside of raiding, PVE wise, your best place for gear are mythic dungeons (in live) with a potential to be 725 ilvl, which is extremely rare. I have only ever seen it once, and they were mine!!
    I'm doing 16 Mythic Dungeons a week. 1 main and 1 alt run. And it is not that uncommon. I never saw a weapon >=700 ilvl but i have seen plenty of 720 ilvl items and some 725. So it happens more often than not. But just like TK phoenix, you need to farm it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    You CAN get past ilvl 735+ without ever stepping into a raid.

Regardless, i've never understood why people want raid gear so badly when they dont... raid. Raid loot is a means to an end, it shouldnt be the goal of the game for anyone. Unless you're done with progression and just farm bosses for BiS gear.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    As far as I know, there is a weekly cap on artifact power that would prevent that. I could be wrong though
    I have not heard of this. Source?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    I am hoping the catch-up mechanics make it easy enough to feasibly play a ton of alts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    I have not heard of this. Source?

- - - Updated - - -

I am hoping the catch-up mechanics make it easy enough to feasibly play a ton of alts

I hope it will be a crazy grind on alts. Just as people cry for more stuff to do. With alt catchup mechanics the whole thing will be pointless.