So what are the goods and bads for each spec?

I haven't been invited to Alpha and I haven't been invited to Beta. I know I will find out for myself soon when pre-patch is on live servers. For those who have been doing extensive testing in Alpha/Beta can you give me a quick summary of the good and bad of each spec you tested?

This is my opinion.
    MM:
    Pros: Sidewinders allows for a simple low RNG rotation if that's what you like. Marked shot feels a lot better with the auto shot then arcane/multi shot to trigger change. Solid passive cleave
    Cons: Patient Sniper feels almost mandatory since the other options are bad. Sidewinder rotations are stationary for longish periods in a row, and react poorly to random movement. lvl 15 talents offend me. Not really bursty. CD is relatively non synergistic compared to the other specs.

BM:
    Pros: Mobile. Has a variety of cosmetic options and glyphs. Beast Cleave remains a great aoe option. Has few buttons to press and a priority based rotation if that's what you want.
    Cons: Dire Beast needs 2 charges or Wild Call needs to be changed. Can have a lot of RNG moving parts. Cobra shot costs a lot of focus and hits very anemically, can cost you DPS very easily if spammed. Poor Focus regen out of cooldowns. Empty GCDs. All pets are squishy, but Hati is even worse and gives a 2 min debuff if she dies. Target swapping with a pet is still annoying. Volley is virtually unusable. Dmg feels a little low currently, and reliant on Bestial Wrath. Hati feels a little crap till the artifact is fully online, and several former core BM abilities got put on legendaries ( like focus discounts during BW)

Survival:
    Pros: Harpoon: It does no dmg and feels slower than a warrior's charge, but its still awesome. Mongoose Bite/Artifact Power is pretty redonkulous burst. Traps new graphics look neat. Dragonfire grenade is kinda like the best part of being a HFC enhancement shaman aoeing. Has the only non-talent CC in Freezing Trap.
    Cons: Is melee. Pet requirement on Flanking Strike can make target swapping feel unresponsive. Being reliant on pet strikes for Mongoose bite resets will suck when bosses don't favor/allow pets to hit. No disengage and poor movement options outside of going in with harpoon (I wish Harpoon could glyph to hit friendlies/ground target self pull). Focus feels pointless and weird with all our priority abilities being free, so focus is literally for filler raptor strikes and cleaves. Spitting Cobra is kinda like the worst part of being an enhancement shaman. Pet dmg feels really low, pet survivability is also very low when soloing. I dislike Steel Trap being ground targeted, range gives it utility, but is annoying solo. Can be frustrating trying to get 6 stacks of Mongoose Fury, and its time limit is frustrating also. Also the way Mongoose bite lights up when you have the fury buff can make it hard to see if you got a charge remaining/proc'd.
    Last edited by Vurrin; 2016-05-16 at 11:29 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks!

I am in the same boat, hoping to see more posts in this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vurrin View Post
    This is my opinion.
    MM:
    Pros: Sidewinders allows for a simple low RNG rotation if that's what you like. Marked shot feels a lot better with the auto shot then arcane/multi shot to trigger change. Solid passive cleave
    Cons: Patient Sniper feels almost mandatory since the other options are bad. Sidewinder rotations are stationary for longish periods in a row, and react poorly to random movement. lvl 15 talents offend me. Not really bursty. CD is relatively non synergistic compared to the other specs.

BM:
    Pros: Mobile. Has a variety of cosmetic options and glyphs. Beast Cleave remains a great aoe option. Has few buttons to press and a priority based rotation if that's what you want.
    Cons: Dire Beast needs 2 charges or Wild Call needs to be changed. Can have a lot of RNG moving parts. Cobra shot costs a lot of focus and hits very anemically, can cost you DPS very easily if spammed. Poor Focus regen out of cooldowns. Empty GCDs. All pets are squishy, but Hati is even worse and gives a 2 min debuff if she dies. Target swapping with a pet is still annoying. Volley is virtually unusable. Dmg feels a little low currently, and reliant on Bestial Wrath. Hati feels a little crap till the artifact is fully online, and several former core BM abilities got put on legendaries ( like focus discounts during BW)

Survival:
    Pros: Harpoon: It does no dmg and feels slower than a warrior's charge, but its still awesome. Mongoose Bite/Artifact Power is pretty redonkulous burst. Traps new graphics look neat. Dragonfire grenade is kinda like the best part of being a HFC enhancement shaman aoeing. Has the only non-talent CC in Freezing Trap.
    Cons: Is melee. Pet requirement on Flanking Strike can make target swapping feel unresponsive. Being reliant on pet strikes for Mongoose bite resets will suck when bosses don't favor/allow pets to hit. No disengage and poor movement options outside of going in with harpoon (I wish Harpoon could glyph to hit friendlies/ground target self pull). Focus feels pointless and weird with all our priority abilities being free, so focus is literally for filler raptor strikes and cleaves. Spitting Cobra is kinda like the worst part of being an enhancement shaman. Pet dmg feels really low, pet survivability is also very low when soloing. I dislike Steel Trap being ground targeted, range gives it utility, but is annoying solo. Can be frustrating trying to get 6 stacks of Mongoose Fury, and its time limit is frustrating also. Also the way Mongoose bite lights up when you have the fury buff can make it hard to see if you got a charge remaining/proc'd.

Lols at glyph for harpoon to a friendly target. Just impale a buddy and pull yourself to him during a run back hahaha

Very good write up. I am heavily considering going survival as main just because I love how undead male holds a spear ready to attack over his head
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Vurrin View Post
    This is my opinion.
    MM:

BM:

Survival:
    Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. Hope more people reply with their goods and bads of each spec. =)