Thread: Where to Start

Where to Start

What is a good active server on the US that is a good place to start?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakida View Post
    What is a good active server on the US that is a good place to start?
    Hmm if you don't mind insane hours and luck Balmung is the largest Adamantoise at least was ok when I was on it. But almost any Aether server will have decent que times

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Hmm if you don't mind insane hours and luck Balmung is the largest Adamantoise at least was ok when I was on it. But almost any Aether server will have decent que times
    What do you mean by insane hours and luck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakida View Post
    What do you mean by insane hours and luck?
    That server is locked alot if the time so you need to be om very early abd very lucky to create a character on it

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    That server is locked alot if the time so you need to be om very early abd very lucky to create a character on it
    If I remember correctly, its some time between the hours of 3am CST and 6am CST. Between those times is the only chance to create a character on Balmung. Which is really a great server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    If I remember correctly, its some time between the hours of 3am CST and 6am CST. Between those times is the only chance to create a character on Balmung. Which is really a great server.
    Ehhh I prefer my smaller ones

You'll often see Balmung and/or Gilgamesh as the answer to this question, but getting a character created on either server can prove to be a nightmare...especially for Balmung. SE locks servers for new character creation once they reach a threshold of people online on the server, and the two servers I mentioned are by far the most populated in the game.

One area where lower population servers have a major advantage: Housing. There are servers who still had housing plots available even before last patch added more housing wards to every server. Meanwhile, those new housing plots were all sold 20 minutes after Balmung was available to log in on patch day.

It might be a little late but I recommend Faerie as a good server to be on. Still plenty of people around and some very nice and helpful FC.