Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    So we see, guys and chicks lose in such fights..
    Now where's the point of the thread? Since that wisdom is as old as that game exists.

We're down to trying to piss on women, or am I missing something?
    Let me guess, you think affirmative action is the greatest thing since sliced bread as well?

*passes out participation trophies* Come one come all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    As a matter of fact, there are female fighters among Kurdish insurgent groups in Syria as well as Turkey. They are treated like men, and are neutralized.
    Does that area also enlist at a younger age than the U.S. does?

I know in certain Asian countries and some Middle Eastern countries, you could be required to begin training at the age of 14.

The point of that question, is that if you start focusing on physical training years before enlisting, you will have a good head start. If you only start training when you enlist, you will fall behind.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Women should be pilots.

10+ Year Old Account
    In this particular case gender is irrelevant as you put anyone of significantly less weight against someone of significantly more weight and they'll get knocked off their feet in that situation.

This also has nothing to do with how combat is actually done.

That being said, standards should never ever be lowered with the sole purpose of trying to get more women in. Physical jobs like firefighting, the military, etc. should have realistic requirements based on the job. End of story. If you don't meet those requirements you either don't get in or you get a role that isn't requiring those physical standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Let me guess, you think affirmative action is the greatest thing since sliced bread as well?
    People who deem able to serve, should be able to serve.
    There's training to be done, and whoever passes shall be able to serve.

There was a time, and that was not so long ago, when the general consent was that black soldiers weren't qualified for combat.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And now what?
    A person fights someone that is physically stronger and loses.

Good thing the military is about cowardly killing people that cannot even touch you, she won't have much issues there.
    You brave you, don't you have some trump stickers to be triggered by?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I think she'd have a fair chance if they were fighting with paintball guns, since you know that's what they actually fight with in wars, guns.
    Guns don't care how strong you are. A toddler can pull a trigger. She'd only be disadvantaged if she got into a melee fight, but even then maybe not if she has a knife.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    In this particular case gender is irrelevant as you put anyone of significantly less weight against someone of significantly more weight and they'll get knocked off their feet in that situation.

That being said, standards should never ever be lowered with the sole purpose of trying to get more women in. Physical jobs like firefighting, the military, etc. should have realistic requirements based on the job. End of story. If you don't meet those requirements you either don't get in or you get a role that isn't requiring those physical standards.
    Agreed, to an extent. I do feel that proper training can help someone learn to center themselves so they don't get thrown. But much of the encounter in the video was bull rushes, pushes, and brute swiping. Not much technique aside from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Does that area also enlist at a younger age than the U.S. does?

I know in certain Asian countries and some Middle Eastern countries, you could be required to begin training at the age of 14.

The point of that question, is that if you start focusing on physical training years before enlisting, you will have a good head start. If you only start training when you enlist, you will fall behind.
    Lately, PKK started to use younglings aged 13-15 in active combat (urban fight taking place in South Eastern Turkey). I think there are some age restrictions to join PKK's actual militants (mostly stationed in mountains) but I am not completely sure. Either way, they recruit kids (-18), I know that for a fact.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-05-18 at 05:24 PM.

http://www.military.com/military-fit...l-fitness-test

Too late

And now what?

Good thing the military is about cowardly killing people that cannot even touch you, she won't have much issues there.
    I don't even know what you mean by that statement. Clearly you don't know anyone in the infantry. Allow me to be your first. Regardless of how many airstrikes you target on a location, the infantry clears the final 100 yards of the battlefield. I'm assuming your referring to bombing? It's extremely hard to call in strikes where there is significant civilian collateral damage. Our unit requires a battalion XO to sign off on any strikes we did, ensuring we were targeting at least 300 meters away from civilian buildings. There are deperate times where we can cal in close, but nothing we can do from a distant when theyre hiding in a civilians mud hut. Don't be ignorant. This isn't call of duty.

TITAN308, there have been plenty of female combat medics for years. We had 2 on our COP. Nothing new there. Most MOSs in the military, combat arms or not, do ruck marches and buddy carries for that specific reason. I wouldn't worry too much about the strength side, especially when there are pear shaped dirt bags males in the military as well.

Plenty of dudes get thrown on their ass during pugils as well. Plenty of them. All the time. Unconcious even.

Finally, equality in the military is good and bad. The infantry is a very demanding MOS and male dominated. When you start getting into the matter of female hygiene in field situations and co ed sleeping arrangements in close quarters, issues are bound to arise. With that said, women will be going to ft Benning BCT / OSUT for infantry this fall, there are already female drill sergeants down there. There are already female infantry officers as well.

Edit: I should state I do not agree with females being in the infantry. Also, stop using guns and distance. It's hardly that.
    Last edited by AlphaOut; 2016-05-18 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    People who deem able to serve, should be able to serve.
    There's training to be done, and whoever passes shall be able to serve.

There was a time, and that was not so long ago, when the general consent was that black soldiers weren't qualified for combat.
    Correct, but training standards didn't need to be adjusted for them. There are pushes to have the standards for women to be lowered. Which is why the OP brought this up.

If all we have is these videos to gauge whether someone is meeting standards, I would say she failed, as well as the two men in the video you posted.

Deleted
    Lot of armchair soldiers in here saying strength doesn't matter because guns - I'm sure you guys know better what the requirements to be a soldier should be than the army itself (like carrying equipment for miles - and other soldiers - in a pinch)

Anyway, this is an old video, but everyone knows women are much weaker than men and cannot perform to military standards

Affirmative action is always bad and unfair to people of actual merit, but it's worse when actual lives are on the line

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

I guess its a good thing for her that wars are not fought with pugil sticks like in training but with guns.
    Doesn't equality mean that women get the same chance as men do? If they pass the tests then they're in?
    If they can't handle it, no matter what gender, you're out?

That was how I thought it worked.

I see a few guys in that audience that would have gotten their asses kicked as well though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, to an extent. I do feel that proper training can help someone learn to center themselves so they don't get thrown. But much of the encounter in the video was bull rushes, pushes, and brute swiping. Not much technique aside from that.
    Well sure -- and that training should be built into the assessment of what the minimum physical requirements are.

The danger in any sort of affirmative action type push is the risk that you get people who will be unable to do the duties required of them when the time comes. Not to mention if the pendulum swings too far you end up in a situation where the majority gets discriminated against, which is not something people who want actual equality should embrace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct, but training standards didn't need to be adjusted for them. There are pushes to have the standards for women to be lowered. Which is why the OP brought this up.

If all we have is these videos to gauge whether someone is meeting standards, I would say she failed, as well as the two men in the video you posted.
    The point I was making is that these videos are pointless, since they pose zero evidence for anything.
    You could enlist the entire military into a pugil sticks competition, and in the end you're left with 1 single worth it soldier lol
    All others are too weak, because they've lost.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well sure -- and that training should be built into the assessment of what the minimum physical requirements are.

The danger in any sort of affirmative action type push is the risk that you get people who will be unable to do the duties required of them when the time comes. Not to mention if the pendulum swings too far you end up in a situation where the majority gets discriminated against, which is not something people who want actual equality should embrace.
    I agree with that completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbariangreataxe View Post
    My question ends up being what the purpose of these tests are. Let's take the pull up one...what does that correlate to in the field? If a woman can't do pullups what risk does that pose?

I hate pull ups. With a passion. My arms have never been my strong part. Stupid weak ass shoulders of mine.

And now what?

Enough said, really.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    The Marines did an extensive study with empirical data that showed women in a combat unit lower the overall efficiency and capability of a unit. The study was essentially swept under the rug and ignored because people too craven to sign up or who think the military are lumbering oafs, have an opinion.
    I read that study too. A shame its relevance is being ignored by this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.