Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    What's really funny is that second quote, where he talks about accurately representing reality. Black people are a little over 1/10th of this country, and yet asking for at least 1 black person in a cast that's predominantly white is a 'bizarre' demand.
    No, you didn't read my fucking post. People THINK gays are one in five, when in reality they're one in twenty. Then they demand that EVERY SHOW HAS A FEW GAYS. That doesn't represent reality. If a show has ten people, it isn't crazy to not have a gay person on there. Because that reflects reality. You can go ahead and misrepresent this post now, too. We all know you are going to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This^ When people cry there isn't enough gay characters on a show or in a work place it's sickening, I don't give a fuck of a characters sexual preference unless it's relevant to the plot line
    Do people really say this though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I was CLEARLY saying that the "gay agenda" isn't something that gays are doing. It's people like you.
    So there is a "gay agenda," and I am part of it, simply because I empathize with other human beings and recognize the harm of discrimination, ignorance and fear that they have to deal with for no reason at all. Got it.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Converting everyone to being gay. No that's not a joke. That's what the idiots really believe.

- - - Updated - - -

You will after the gay agenda makes you gay.
    Stop sending gays to straight camp then and I'm sure that they will stop trying to make us gay.

The gay agenda is something made up by insecure men who think that all gays want them and are actively trying to convert them to gaydom. I'm pretty sure that almost all gays don't give two shits about your insecurities and the ones who do are frightened because you look as though you're about to do something hateful and cruel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post
    All of Leftism in a nutshell: All rights but no responsibilities.
    I'm a bit curious about what sort of responsibilities come with the rights on topic?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Do people really say this though
    Some PC/SJW idiots do. The majority of the community is not like that. We really don't give a fuck if we're being represented or not, though it is disheartening when a pattern appears that makes LGBT to be bad or evil (like many video games have done for the last decade or so).

Edit: Changed a word because the R-word is infractory :\
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2016-05-18 at 08:00 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

No, you didn't read my fucking post. People THINK gays are one in five, when in reality they're one in twenty. Then they demand that EVERY SHOW HAS A FEW GAYS. That doesn't represent reality. If a show has ten people, it isn't crazy to not have a gay person on there. Because that reflects reality. You can go ahead and misrepresent this post now, too. We all know you are going to.
    Yeah, I made that comment under the assumption that the quote was reproduced faithfully. My bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    The gay agenda is something made up by insecure men who think that all gays want them and are actively trying to convert them to gaydom. I'm pretty sure that almost all gays don't give two shits about your insecurities and the ones who do are frightened because you look as though you're about to do something hateful and cruel.
    Bingo.

/bangobongo10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    Typically this is done with the logic of "Our beliefs tell us it is OK to discriminate/persecute in regards to a specific group and you not allowing us to do so is discriminating/persecuting us!" ... this fantastic example of mental gymnastics would be known as the "Michelle Bachmann" defense.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    So there is a "gay agenda," and I am part of it, simply because I empathize with other human beings and recognize the harm of discrimination, ignorance and fear that they have to deal with for no reason at all. Got it.
    This isn't an argument of anything... Do you even comprehend what I'm saying?

I'm not saying fighting for equal representation is bad. I fight for it ALL the time. I'm saying what many SJWs do is fighting for misguided things. You aren't helping our cause. You make it easier for the actual bigots to push in their views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    lot of people like myself tired of seeing and hearing about it.
    Yet you clicked a thread about it? I'm tired of other topics too, I just ignore them however

10+ Year Old Account
    Not every show has gay people. I'm trying to think of the shows I've been watching lately.

How I Met Your Mother - Pretty much only Barney's brother, who's in a couple episodes. The ratio there is probably 60 straight characters per gay character.
    Peaky Blinders - I haven't yet seen a gay character
    Game of Thrones - Renly and Loras. Renly died pretty early on. Loras is still less than the 1 in 20.
    Orange is the New Black - OK, lots of gay and bisexual characters there. Of course, the main character who's a real person is bisexual, as is her girlfriend, but important to remember this is inside a prison where no one has access to sex with men, and companionship is a pretty strong human drive.
    House of Cards - I don't remember any gay characters at all.
    Jessica Jones - Only the lawyer chick she sometimes works with and her girlfriend and wife. That's probably more than the 1 in 20.
    Agents of Shield - I don't remember any
    Daredevil - The same lawyer chick from Jessica Jones, and only in an episode or two.
    Lost - I don't recall any gay characters. If there was one, it was certainly below your 1/20 threshold.

Seems like at least among what I've been watching lately it's either pretty representative or there's good plot related reasons (Orange is the New Black) for the prevalence of homosexuality on the show.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wrestler View Post
    to make people feel ashamed for being normal
    to make violence and hate towards normal people acceptable
    Wait what?

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't helping our cause. You make it easier for the actual bigots to push in their views.
    How am I an "SJW" again? Did you decide to break out your Jump to Conclusions map?

7+ Year Old Account
    this thread got to 5 pages?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Wait what?
    Check out his other posts. Most likely evading a ban. Report and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying what many SJWs do is fighting for misguided things. You aren't helping our cause. You make it easier for the actual bigots to push in their views.
    Extremists always make their chosen cause look bad. PETA, ISIS, WBC. They all make their groups look awful. Plus alphabet soup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The problem is that sandal/sock violators are your last point, even though it's clearly a bigger problem than legalisation of gay marriage.

Why do you even want to get married in a world where people can wear white socks in sandals?
    You want to know why I wear white socks with sandals? Because fuck you that's why. No one tells me how to live.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    You hit the nail right on the head. SJWs and PC fanatics loooove to speak on behalf of "poor oppressed minorities" like us gay folks, when really we could give two shits about their ideological punditry. The worst part of their bigotry is the fact that their worldview is so narrow that they think it's OK to just reduce us to our sexuality as though it was our entire identity. I'm not saying they're aren't gay people who live, breath, eat, sleep and shit being gay, but they're a minority of a minority and frankly they annoy the piss out of everyone.
    Mmhmm, I actually find the word "gay" to be pretty funny when used to describe something as stupid. I'm never offended by "faggot" if it's used as a general insult and not hate speech towards gay people (e.g., see stereotypical CoD teenagers).

Majority of us are also like that and really don't give two shits. It's just SJW/PC crap that make us seem like a bunch of whiny assholes when it's a silent minority that isn't even part of the LGBT community.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    You want to know why I wear white socks with sandals? Because fuck you that's why. No one tells me how to live.
    Wouldn't you rather let your dogs breathe, though? I mean isn't that the whole point of sandals in the first place?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Wouldn't you rather let your dogs breathe, though? I mean isn't that the whole point of sandals in the first place?
    A sport sock inside a sandal is more breathable than a bare foot inside a running shoe. Breathability comes in all levels.