Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    agree with you for the most part but leveling while the quest themselves are good the experience is the worst in WoW history to me. I know lots (most?) will love the scaling but i despise it and to me makes the zones feel like patch content vs a continuous story like in previous xpacs.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    If you think wod raids were good you must be either blind or paid by blizzard to post this.
    Good example of why this community is utter trash and beyond saving.
    This guy hates the game (likely for no real reason) so much that instead of just keeping his mouth shut about something he doesn't like he makes a hilariously biased comment insinuating anyone against him has to be so wrong that there is no room for their opinion on his spectrum.

How does Blizzard make some one like that happy?
    They don't. They can only hope they unsub.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Legion looks like dogshit

All the content looks like great but the classes themselves are reduced to garbage. Any mechanics with any sort of depth have been removed. It seems Blizzard's goal is to make every spec playable at skill cap by someone with 85 IQ and some form of fine motor impairment.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can find me a single Gladiator+ experience PvPer who likes the way class design is looking for Legion, I would be absolutely shocked. Everything's dumbed down to make it easier and to make it so the raid designers can make more complicated encounter mechanics, but from the standpoint of a high end PvPer the whole thing is just a steaming pile. There's no room anymore to do anything exciting or flashy or skillful, no outplay potential, no counter plays, nothing that you would want to put in a highlight reel to show your buddies "look what I pulled off!"

For example, marksman hunters are losing their scatter > trap (well scatter was already pruned in WoD) so now when you vs. a marksman hunter you can't position yourself skillfully to eat the trap for your healer, a rogue can't disarm the trap, a druid can't blink away to dodge it, a priest can't use shadow word death self damage to break the trap, etc. The hunter doesn't even have to click to aim it anymore. They just target you and press "freezing arrow" and it activates instantly - no aim, no arm time, and there's nothing you can do to outplay them or prevent it from happening.

Generally speaking, the higher the skill cap on a particular ability and the more rewarding that ability feels to use in PvP and the more options for counter play that an ability provides, the more likely it is that the absolute morons on Blizzard's class design team decided to prune that ability.

Don't even get me started on the way all 3 rogue specs are being butchered...
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2016-05-15 at 11:14 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

I don't understand why people are bitching about the classes, most look great (Warriors, shamans, priests, dks, mages, druids, locks). The only classes that might need some work are paladins, rogues, and BM hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Legion looks like dogshit

All the content looks like great but the classes themselves are reduced to garbage. Any mechanics with any sort of depth have been removed. It seems Blizzard's goal is to make every spec playable at skill cap by someone with 85 IQ and some form of fine motor impairment.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can find me a single Gladiator+ experience PvPer who likes the way class design is looking for Legion, I would be absolutely shocked. Everything's dumbed down to make it easier and to make it so the raid designers can make more complicated encounter mechanics, but from the standpoint of a high end PvPer the whole thing is just a steaming pile. There's no room anymore to do anything exciting or flashy or skillful, no outplay potential, no counter plays, nothing that you would want to put in a highlight reel to show your buddies "look what I pulled off!"

For example, marksman hunters are losing their scatter > trap (well scatter was already pruned in WoD) so now when you vs. a marksman hunter you can't position yourself skillfully to eat the trap for your healer, a rogue can't disarm the trap, a druid can't blink away to dodge it, a priest can't use shadow word death self damage to break the trap, etc. The hunter doesn't even have to click to aim it anymore. They just target you and press "freezing arrow" and it activates instantly - no aim, no arm time, and there's nothing you can do to outplay them or prevent it from happening.

Generally speaking, the higher the skill cap on a particular ability and the more rewarding that ability feels to use in PvP and the more options for counter play that an ability provides, the more likely it is that the absolute morons on Blizzard's class design team decided to prune that ability.

Don't even get me started on the way all 3 rogue specs are being butchered...
    It's clear that the game is not designed for Gladiators+; their concerns are simply ignore-able. I do think they are highly attached to the class and its status quo, making their feedback biased in some ways. I looked at Legion beta forums, and most topics are about how they miss X and Y ability without knowing that other classes also lost their X and Y abilities. They couldn't see the bigger picture that our specs are highly homogenized with stuns and CCs, gap closers.

I also see no problem in removing such a clunky trap mechanism. I would hate to play hunter with that tool. I guess that The same thing was said for DOT snapshotting where the elites argued how "skillful" they were to pull off buffed DOTs. Maybe Blizzard wants us to pay attention to tactical moves rather than niche techniques, that the trap-eating movements were never intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The new PVP system will kill PVP.

Mythic raiders will dominate PVP...that isn't healthy for PVP.
    PVP games reward top level gear. Eventually, everyone will be mostly equal in terms of gear. 1% difference is insignificant to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusified View Post

Classes

Tuning has been great, some rough egdes but you need to keep in mind, pure dps class is pure dps (they will always be on top).
    So, in general, which classes/specs were the best when it comes to topping charts?

Quote Originally Posted by Wullfgar View Post
    So, in general, which classes/specs were the best when it comes to topping charts?
    He can't know it yet, since the tuning just started.

I really liked the broken shore event, played it as alliance (im horde on live so figured would give the alliance a go).

Playing through the DH leveling experience. So far it has been awesome. I am rather impressed with legion so far ^-^

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Give it a couple of months for the "Shiny & New" effect to wear off. Then come back and make a more objective assessment.
    I don't think "objective" is the right word so much as "complete."
    Even if this was live, some of these folk are giving their opinions on initial impressions, the leveling experience, etc. Like WoD, Legion appears to be delivering. I think that's fair.
    Unlike WoD though, it's not as easy to telegraph the weakness of its reward systems. At least, we don't have enough information to make those predictions yet.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    This game sometimes feel like and up and down relationship.. Can people not move one after a bad break up you just going to keep hating and be depressed for years and years.. Or if your really done with this GE move on stop posting negative stuff and go somewhere else.. Or in other words get a new girlfriend.. Those who want to give this expansion one more chance let them don't kick them in the face because you lost your love.. That's not our problem

Deleted
    Now let's hope the world content will last more than a couple weeks.

Deleted
    I'm impressed too, but I was also impressed with WoD before it came out, so I'm reserving my judgement until we see how they intend to support the expansion with content patches after launch.

Deleted
    Legion does look amazing in my opinion with all the content and variety at the moment. I also love the approach they have taken with PVP and hope it works out well enough

Quote Originally Posted by Krusified View Post
    Firstly i'd like to say that this was the last chance i gave Blizzard to "Make WoW great again" and they've accomplished this time i'm sure of, i've played during both alpha and now beta. Beta has been smooth so far except from the constant phase bug, but i'm fine with it, its beta afterall.

Now to the point, so far i've come to the conclusion.

Levling

WoD lvling we all have to agree was great, only thing that was great togheter with raids. Now legion questing is so entertaining and detailed, actually you will have a couple of laughs every now and then, especially in Azuna.

Graphics

I must really say they've put both feelings and time into this, kudos to the whole art team! Stormheim is my new favorite.

Dungeons

Epic experience and with the new system that dungeons gets harder and harder for better rewards it now feels like you get more rewarded for being higher skilled. Graphic wise and mechanics they have been innovative.

Raids

haven't touched them yet, but if they've taken WoD raids into their mindset i'm sure they will be great.

PvP

I'm finally completed, PvP with little to no advantage when it comes to gear. Something that has been truely missed! and the honor system makes you feel like you have to keep on going for that precious icon next to your nameplate. However i'd like to see some new BGs (which they've confirmed won't come .

Classes

Tuning has been great, some rough egdes but you need to keep in mind, pure dps class is pure dps (they will always be on top).

Just wanted to give some positive feedback, cya in Legion!
    You're gonna get banned from MMO-C with talk like this. You better edit in some gripes before the mods see this.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    I get why they make zones completely different, but it's pissing me off how the climate is suddenly SO different just because you took 2 steps. Like 2 steps north, all lava and shit, 2 steps south and it's snowy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    No, stop with this positivity! It burns!
    The nerve of some people!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    I get why they make zones completely different, but it's pissing me off how the climate is suddenly SO different just because you took 2 steps. Like 2 steps north, all lava and shit, 2 steps south and it's snowy.

Lava and snow can be right next to one another.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Well I'm glad people are still enjoying it (even though it's the beta and probably a better alternative than live right now).

Like others have said, I just hope there's something to do when it's not a raid night, and mythic+ has eased those concerns. I can't wait to give those a try, should be a lot of fun I'm hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Oh, agreed. At least Wrath, and Pandaria tried to make topographical sense. But Draenor felt like developers were just pasting ideas next to each other with no regard for reason. Why the hell is FFR all ice and tundra even at sea level when the zones by it are tropical? Why is SMV perma-night? I get that Gorgrond is meant to be a warzone between the Fera and the Breakers, but the stark alternating between lush jungle and barren desert is jarring. Draenor never feels like a coherent place, which hurt the expansion for me all the more.