Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Its because they want to create more content. you get to do lore master 8 times meaning 8 times the content hurrah so much fun. All the non class specific gear I had saved up in bank and void storage, have to go sell them now. So I can run old contents again and again and have so much fun. Thank you Blizzard for creating all these extra content.
    Yeah they are going head first with mindless timesinks in Legion. I fear Legion is front loaded and with little content beyond six months.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Its because they want to create more content. you get to do lore master 8 times meaning 8 times the content hurrah so much fun. All the non class specific gear I had saved up in bank and void storage, have to go sell them now. So I can run old contents again and again and have so much fun. Thank you Blizzard for creating all these extra content.
    why would you want to unlock every single mog appearence for both factions, even though the highest acheivs are to have 50 of each kind...?

its allmost like to 100% a 12 year old game takes alot of times....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Way to make me think they decided to implement actual changes rather than this being just another severely behind the curve gripefest. Literally NOTHING has changed since their last announcement. Why are you posting this now, besides either adding your two cents to a debate long over, or because your tacklebox was getting dusty and needed some use?

Tortos' Shell dropped on 10 man normal for my DK the other day, after already killing him on my warrior. Despite really wanting it, since I never got to do ToT when it was current, I didn't even get mad. I just rolled my eyes and moved on. Maybe it would be best for you if you could do the equivalent.

Yes, I agre-
    *sees name*
    Oh, well I still agree.

(Is this the real world? I'm quoting a Jaylock post in agreement?)
    Because the tumblr post, which is not mine, which I copied as the bulk of the OP, came out today. Because, as with a lot of people, I was not aware of these changes that have been made since BlizzCon.

As to you rolling your eyes and moving on, good on you. The point still stands that this is not how the Wardrobe system was explained to us in the beginning, and the change is pointless and unnecessary. It only serves to say, 'Oh well, better farm some more!'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    My first post that you replied to had the edit.

And that's already nearly 1250 quests you'd have to do 4 times to get everything unlocked on your "main" faction. Defending Blizzard's stance on this is just completely surreal to me.
    If you're a completionist, you should be happy to have so much to do. If you aren't one, why are you even considering doing every quest? How many outfits does someone really need? Especially when quest items tend to be the most basic of models.

seems a bit hyperbole and not surprising.

You have to remember, with Blizzard's "accessibility" model, expansions and major patches(not counting twitter int and selfies) only have a few weeks worth of content. Basically by the time all of LFR unlocks- you've finished all the other relevant stuff and then finish the raids in a day. And there is really reason to doing anything beyond lfr at this point. Save your sub money from a single content drought and you can easily buy 2 years of games to play during the next steam sale. Its a hell of a lot more entertaining than doing the same content 60 times with an occasional new mechanic and bigger numbers that will be almost completely offset by you having better gear.

All thats left for the next 8 months is a few achievements, collecting battle pets, the occasional ounce of time-released content and doing old content.

So if they make it possible to get all the rewards from old content too fast, people will have even less to do and then devs will have to get on the forums and insult players again by telling them its their fault they aren't enjoying blizzard's product.

And blizzard doesn't want that, even J Allen Brack can only fit his head so far up his ass at a time. If he suffocates it would take over an hour at chuck e cheese's to find a replacement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    This thread is about the recent changes to what was planned and partially implemented in Legion to the Wardrobe/Transmog system. I'll be copy-pasting the information here, but I want to cite the person who made this post on their tumblr right here. Apologies if this is somewhere else, but I didn't see any threads for it. Onto the info:

More Transmog Changes In Legion, Blizzcon To Now.

So, there are many changes made to what we were told at Blizzcon. Honestly, some of it’s shattering, some of it’s pointless, and some is just annoying.

At Blizzcon we were told anything we looted would be unlocked for our account. This was excellent! Did you do firelands on your mage and get no staff? No problem, go on your rogue and have it drop for him. Now your mage has a staff!

Did you do Loremaster back in Classic? Did you do it again after Cataclysm’s zone changes? Great! ALL of the quest rewards is now unlocked to your account. Did you choose a bow over the sword? You get both sword and bow now because of the fact you did the quest!.

But, of course. Players have a quote they love to say about Blizzard.

FUN DETECTED, FUN NERFED.

In order to unlock an armor piece, it must be SOULBOUND, and any trade/refund timer must EXPIRE before it is unlocked. This means if a pretty green drops, you need to equip it and make it soubound in order to unlock it.
    If an item is race/race/faction restricted, it will only unlock when looted by the target.
    To unlock an armor piece, it must be of your class’s PRIMARY armor spec. This means if your priest’s long lost helmet drops on your warrior, you’re out of luck flat out. Warriors can equip cloth, but that helmet isn’t plate, so it isn’t unlocked.
    To unlock a weapon, your class has to be able to equip it to unlock. This means to get a warrior to max level if you want to farm a weapon that refuses to drop for another class of yours. If it’s a wand, you’re out of luck.

And now, there’s one big change that was made recently. As Blizzard promised us before,

“If you complete a quest, ALL of the rewards will be unlocked, no matter what you chose.”

FUN DETECTED, FUN NERFED. Blizzard changed this rule DRASTICALLY. People, like myself, have began to do Loremaster in order to get all of that sweet transmog you unlock. As some people know, both factions have UNIQUE quest rewards you can only get by questing on that faction. No faction restriction, simply they didn’t add the model to the other. So, in order to get ALL quest rewards, you needed to do Loremaster twice.

Now, blizzard changed this. You no longer get all rewards, you only get what belongs to your class. If you did all quests on a hunter, YOU ONLY UNLOCKED THE MAIL AND WHATEVER WEAPONS YOU’RE ALLOWED TO EQUIP. If you did all the quests on a warrior, YOU ONLY UNLOCKED PLATE AND ALL WEAPONS(minus wands).

This means if you want to get ALL quest rewards for transmog, you need to do Loremaster EIGHT TIMES. One for EACH armor type, for BOTH factions.

Q: “So we have to do Loremaster on all armor types?”

A: “if you want to unlock every single appearance granted from questing, yes.”

Q: “Could you at least reconsider easing the unlock restrictions for old removed quest rewards?”

A: “we would rather offer other opportunities to earn otherwise lost appearances”

Source:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6754?page=1#15

Oh, right. Here’s the biggest punch to the face.

THIS APPLIES TO REMOVED QUESTS AS WELL, so everything before Cataclysm..

https://twitter.com/nite_moogle/stat...07569327935493

I hope everyone did loremaster 8 times before Cata so they can have those removed rewards.. and did it 8 times after.

EDIT: My personal thoughts and feelings are that this change is unneeded and unfun. Who here likes this change? Anyone? Anyone at all? No? Didn't think so.
    This is understandable and I agree with the developers. I think there was some confusion over the transmog changes.

From your post it looks like you were under the impression the changes would grant you extra chances at transmog gear; i.e grabbing some cloth items while running on your warrior. I don't think this was ever stated or intended. As far as I know the new transmog system is mostly for convenience-a system that removes the need of maxing out your bag space and a fresh new interface.

I can't believe how much of a mess they're making of the wardrobe system in the run up to Legion's release. Did they not hear how excited people were for it at Blizzcon? I just can't fathom what in the world they could possibly think all these restrictions will accomplish. It's one of the most egregious examples of the dev team seemingly going out of their way to take something amazing and ruin it as much as possible.

All of this wouldn't be so immensely frustrating if they hasn't already done it perfectly in Diablo III.

I mean goodness, you'd think now would be a time to improve on a system like that and make it even better, not put in as much work as possible to make it clunkier, more confusing, more limiting, and a whole lot less fun. Words just fail me at the silliness of taking something that was a sure hit and messing it up so badly. A good example of over-design at its absolute worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    also what about your edit did i miss...? i replied to your "Yes they did. Here, have a read to enlighten yourself before you start talking about topics you don't know anything about.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=249822/b...panel#transmog

Took 10 seconds of Googling too, gosh what a load of effort."

telling you they must have mentioned it in a interveiw after

also not all 1250 quests give you special armor no where else in the game as alot of old armor models were just reused in cata quest/dungeons/from salavage yard/world drops....

also again WHY, WHO, WHEN, HOW does anyone want to unlock every single transmog peice? you only need a few for the transmog acheivs...

- - - Updated - - -

so why are you posting it.... this stuff your posting is MONTHS old... and your not even posting most of your own thought, i might aswell start making threads about legion alpha soon and copy/paste threads about it...
    A-are. Are you for real? Yes you replied to it, only after I posted it on the new page, now let's move on.

Sure not every single quest gives a reward, but as we all know, Blizzard really liked huge quest chains back then, so chances are, 20 quests didn't give anything to you, but you sure as hell had to do all 20 in order to get to the 21st quest in that quest chain with the armor reward.

As for the WHY, WHO, WHEN, HOW: why not? A huge portion of the playerbase is a completionist, or at least likes to farm achievements here and there. Seeing a grayed out option in your wardrobe that you'll never, EVER be able to unlock again only because you completed Loremaster only on a single character (hah, you dirty fucking casual), somehow not being able to foresee the future, where Blizzard would put restrictions back in.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    This is understandable and I agree with the developers. I think there was some confusion over the transmog changes.

From your post it looks like you were under the impression the changes would grant you extra chances at transmog gear; i.e grabbing some cloth items while running on your warrior. I don't think this was ever stated or intended. As far as I know the new transmog system is mostly for convenience-a system that removes the need of maxing out your bag space and a fresh new interface.
    Thank you for being polite and clearly explaining your stance on the matter. I am curious, however, as to why you would prefer this system over what many believed would work differently in the beginning (you do a quest on a mage that has five rewards, you get all the rewards, etc.)?

Deleted
    [B][SIZE=6]At Blizzcon we were told anything we looted would be unlocked for our account. This was excellent! Did you do firelands on your mage and get no staff? No problem, go on your rogue and have it drop for him. Now your mage has a staff!
    Yeah I was hyped for the wardrobe when it was announced this way.

When it later turned out blizzard is screwing people by making it char and NOT accountwise as it SHOULD be I gave up on it and only see it as something to clean up backspace.

Seems they only want to annoy people as much as possible these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    This forum whine is strong the last month, your complaining about things that were never said lololol, just saying shit to say it lololol
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I can't believe how much of a mess they're making of the wardrobe system in the run up to Legion's release. Did they not hear how excited people were for it at Blizzcon? I just can't fathom what in the world they could possibly think all these restrictions will accomplish. It's one of the most egregious examples of the dev team seemingly going out of their way to take something amazing and ruin it as much as possible.

All of this wouldn't be so immensely frustrating if they hasn't already done it perfectly in Diablo III.

I mean goodness, you'd think now would be a time to improve on a system like that and make it even better, not put in as much work as possible to make it clunkier, more confusing, more limiting, and a whole lot less fun. Words just fail me at the silliness of taking something that was a sure hit and messing it up so badly. A good example of over-design at its absolute worst.
    A solution looking for a problem sums it up.

Dear Blizz devs you will still have a job if you don't try to re-invent the wheel every three months.

Signed the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Then I guess you won't be unlocking those appearances gated behind questing for your alts. It will just make them more exclusive, in the end.
    Doing Loremaster multiple times up to 8 total to cover each faction and armor type is stupid beyond comprehension. I'm glad you have enough time to do that, but most don't and especially on something like this that is purely cosmetic it just bodes ill of Legion if they've got to take this from the beautiful system they announced and turn it back into some gigantic time sink to try to keep people engaged during their well established content droughts. Also for all those quests that were removed and were done on characters that won't unlock anything at all with this new way it's a complete buzzkill that literally makes no sense at all.

Is their patch schedule and participation rate projections so bad that they have to do this? If so then so be it, lots of us are hanging by a thread after WoD and Legion really had to deliver hard to keep us.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    A-are. Are you for real? Yes you replied to it, only after I posted it on the new page, now let's move on.

Sure not every single quest gives a reward, but as we all know, Blizzard really liked huge quest chains back then, so chances are, 20 quests didn't give anything to you, but you sure as hell had to do all 20 in order to get to the 21st quest in that quest chain with the armor reward.

As for the WHY, WHO, WHEN, HOW: why not? A huge portion of the playerbase is a completionist, or at least likes to farm achievements here and there. Seeing a grayed out option in your wardrobe that you'll never, EVER be able to unlock again only because you completed Loremaster only on a single character (hah, you dirty fucking casual), somehow not being able to foresee the future, where Blizzard would put restrictions back in.
    so your saying

if you want to 100% a 12 year old game... you have to spend alot of time on that game!? omfg tell the press!

also there is NO ACHEIVS for "get 100 weapon transmogs" the highest are 50 right now, easy to get in 2 expansions worth of raids... my bank is full of Firelands, ICC, Uld, and dragonsoul gear, on 4 toons and i have 200 of most, 50 of bracers,belts, and boots

also unable to obtain items (dont have quest done) will not even appear, and your "max number" will be less then those who do, so you wont go to a page and see a item there is no way for you to ever get now, it simply wont appear

also no, a huge portion of the playerbase is not compltionists... polls and statistics have shown a minority of the players actuallty farm acehivs...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-05-18 at 10:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    why would you want to unlock every single mog appearence for both factions, even though the highest acheivs are to have 50 of each kind...?

its allmost like to 100% a 12 year old game takes alot of times....
    Why would I even want to do lore master achive twice? Its a total grind fest and waste of time.

Honestly you just heard what you wanted to hear, they never explicitly said that all rewards for all classes and all specs would unlock for you, you just assumed that they saying the "reward you didn't pick" would mean that - nevermind that you can't even pick wrong armor type rewards in any kind of revamped quest, since they are hidden.

And the fact that we won't unlock gear of a different armor type was clarified pretty fast after BlizzCon (maybe even during, I forget the timing of it all), so assuming quests would be any different is once again just wishful thinking on your part.

Its a new feature, they are not taking anything away from you. It was impossible for one character to gather all these items before, and it will remain impossible in the future. You lose literally *nothing*.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post

So because Blizzard is just not making it easier, they're the bad guys? The restrictions on the wardrobe are the same as current restrictions, them not making it easier for people to fill their wardrobe list is a poor excuse to bash Blizzard, especially when there are a fair bit of legit criticisms one could make at the moment. Funny to me how many people are complaining just because they might actually have to work hard to complete their wardrobes, as if it isn't something that should require a decent time investment. It was never intended to be filled by one char.
    Last edited by xChurch; 2016-05-18 at 10:34 PM.

Care to elaborate at all on that?

If you bothered to read the OP at all, you'd know that the bulk of the first post wasn't mine to begin with. I found it important and interesting enough to talk about and shared it with you (the forum), while also adding a source.
    There was only one dev response and he said his statements don't reflect blizzard, hardly significant evidence.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

15+ Year Old Account
    like asmon made a video for it months ago, the fourms months ago allready freaked out about it, and mmochamp/wowhead posts daily telling people things like this, and months ago said these changes
    My bad. I don't come to this site 24/7 and quote everybody in every single thread I post in

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the equip BoE requirement is so you don't find a rare BoE like Teebu's sword and just pass it around to everyone on the server.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.