Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Deleted
    Come on guys. This whole thing is just sad at this point. Don't kick them when they're down. So they made one of the worst movies in cinematic history, and it's a remake of a beloved movie. Everybody makes mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    Wow, angry black lady is still angry black lady and the jokes are still shit.

I'm convinced that hardcore Ghostbusters fans are the worst:

As someone who loved the original and tolerated the sequel I'm just happy we are getting more Ghostbusters at all. We were never gonna get the original cast back together because Bill Murray doesn't care about Ghostbusters (just look at his performance in the game). I thought these trailers were funny and I am definitly interested in the reboot. If it gets good reviews I'll even go see it in theaters. I mean I never thought The Jungle Book would turn out to be good based on the trailers so it might surprise us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    As someone who loved the original and tolerated the sequel I'm just happy we are getting more Ghostbusters at all.
    That's great for you. As someone who loved the original, I can say there should've been no more Ghostbusters, with any cast. This remake is all negative, in every way imaginable.

We were never gonna get the original cast back together because Bill Murray doesn't care about Ghostbusters (just look at his performance in the game).
    I never had a problem with Murray's performance in the game. And when it came out, he was really positive about the experience and warmed him up to the nostalgia of it. He said doing the game got him walking down 5th Avenue singing the theme song.

In interviews, it always sounded like he felt the script and story had to be first with focus on the characters rather than thinking about special effects first. He's even said that was the problem with the sequel, the special effects guys got a hold of it early on, but he had voiced some hope for a script from the writers on The Office.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to watch it, if that gives me no right to talk about how bad it is, thats fine because I want to forget it exists.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

As someone who loved the original and tolerated the sequel I'm just happy we are getting more Ghostbusters at all.
    I really don't understand people who think this way. You can basically apply this to the star wars prequels/Ep7 and see where "I'm just glad we're getting more of X cinematic universe!" gets you

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much sexual humor I feel. Iliked the more subtle humor of ages past

I'm convinced that hardcore Ghostbusters fans are the worst:
    There's no such thing as the worst on the internet, there's always something worse out there.

Sure, just look at Highlander, the more sequels, the better, right?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

What's up with this modern "yell your lines makes it funny" brand of comedy?

Now the 2nd trailer looks slightly better than the first one but that one was already a total turd, you couldn't do worse, so not much improvement there.
    Well, to be honest, she is a horrid angry/sassy black woman caricature. In all honesty, her character is a million times more the "token black guy" than Winston ever was in the original.
    I don't see how Winston was even 1% token black guy. No one mentioned his skin color. He was just one the guys.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2016-05-18 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    1:52-2:05 was pretty funny. XD

If there were more of that style of comedy in this movie it wouldn't be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I really don't understand people who think this way. You can basically apply this to the star wars prequels/Ep7 and see where "I'm just glad we're getting more of X cinematic universe!" gets you
    But episode 7 was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    id rather have the prequels than no star wars.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    1:52-2:05 was pretty funny. XD

If there were more of that style of comedy in this movie it wouldn't be so bad.
    See that is the kind if joke the old ones had more subtle less in your face not all about sex or women or race just good ol situational humor

10+ Year Old Account
    Tomb of Sargeras anyone? Also that thing looks like a demon haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Sure, just look at Highlander, the more sequels, the better, right?
    Or Alien.
    Or Terminator.
    Or Predator.
    Or Rambo.
    Or Rocky.

Now, sure... Those franchises do have at least one good sequel somewhere in there. But, most of it is shit. And as far as remakes go, they're always for the betterment of the original, right? Like Total Recall. Or Robocop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Too much sexual humor I feel. Iliked the more subtle humor of ages past
    I... What? The old movie had ghost blowjobs and Bill Murray chasing everything with a skirt. Plenty of sexual humor in the original.

Shit, it was more prevalent than it tends to be now.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    What new Ghostbusters movie? I see no new movie. There's nothing on google about a new Ghostbusters movie anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    I... What? The old movie had ghost blowjobs and Bill Murray chasing everything with a skirt. Plenty of sexual humor in the original.

Shit, it was more prevalent than it tends to be now.
    Heh it wasn't as LOUD is what I am saying. The innuendo were their but it wasn't screamed from rooftops