Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Holy shit why is Blizzard even trying to forget WoD?

This merge to base really speaks for itself. Was the expac that fucking bad? Raiders had a blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raids were good, Mythic dungeons were good.
    Rest was atrocious, or severely lacking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    This merge to base really speaks for itself. Was the expac that fucking bad? Raiders had a blast.
    Are you f***ing kidding me ??? They merge expansions into battle chest every time when new one launches... It was same with cata and mop..

Are people just searching for things to camplain/blame blizzard ???

Deleted
    Don't they always do this when a new expansion comes out? If not, I'd guess it has something to do with the potential new players from the movie promotion.

Deleted
    Because Legion is coming. You know they have been merging past xpacs into base when new one is around the corner for a while now.

Uhm they've been merging the current expac into the base one when an expansion is incoming for a while now.

Deleted
    not sure if trolling or retarded

They do merge them but it usually doesn't happen till after the expansion actually launches and usually a little bit after.

Deleted
    Probably cause at this point of the expansion sales usually fall.

Additionaly with the free-copies being given out with the launch of the movie it might create confusion with new potential players.

And let's be honest as bad WoD might be the leveling experience is still way more polished than 1-90, which is what blizzard wants these potential new players to see (while bombarding them with "new x-pack which is even better comes out in 4 months time")

Edit: Just a little mind-game from someone working in the gambling industry:
    As it used to be 30 euro bought you the game+expansion with 1 month free gameplay+1 instant lvl 90 token.
    A lot of players might just use the 90 token and skip most of the game leaving them with less time to get hooked.

As it's now these 30 euro might buy them WoW with 3 months of playtime, but no token to skip content. The more they have to play, the higher is the chance for them to get hooked to the game resulting in a higher potential gain in the long run.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-05-19 at 08:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They started merging expansions around Cataclysm/MoP when the older games became a liability to sell their game. It would be very anti-consumer by having to buy Vanilla WoW+the 5 expansions just to play Legion. It makes it easier for the consumer and a better sales pitch for Blizzard since even if you do not want to try out Legion, you can still play all the other expansions when buying the base game. In the end, everybody wins.

It is a pretty good thing to do actually. Heck, I never bought MoP, but I got to experience some of the content before WoD got out, so I know from experience that this is a good thing for those who skipped an expansion or two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakainen View Post
    They do merge them but it usually doesn't happen till after the expansion actually launches and usually a little bit after.
    Correct, but next week the movie launches in EU so there potentially will be a lot of new players and Blizz decided to merge WoD into the BattleChest before movie launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakainen View Post
    I think it's because they're getting ready for the movie tickets promotion + free WoW base (WoD included) So the new players just have to buy Legion expansion.

Got Ahead of the Curve pugging cross-realm then quit when Blackrock Foundry got delayed, no new content outside of Mythic raiding which was locked down to your server, and my server didn't have any real progression guilds at the time. So your statement that raiders were having a blast, not initially they weren't, because there was no real content. Also, having an entire patch dedicated to selfies and twitter? Are you serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is an intelligent move, the game itself is no longer what they are trying to sell, they want to sell you the ongoing subscription and ingame purchases. Can't get you to buy that super spiffy mount if they are not in the game. Also this scenario,
    Dudette A Oh yeah the new WoW expansion looks awesome,
    Dude B I have never played is it fun,
    Dudette A yes you should buy the game its super cheap right now,
    Dude B ok i mean i'm getting six games in one for a super low price!
    Dudette A Lets play together WEEEEEEEeeeee!

I think they're ready for new subscribers to buy Legion, so they don't need to sell them WoD.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Like they "forgot" TBC, Wrath, Cataclysm and MoP?

It's a thing they do to make the game more accessible and attractive to new customers.

7+ Year Old Account
    As much as I'm an Anti-blizzard person right now... they do this each time, we won't look legitimate or good If we just blame them for every little thing, and while WoD did suck the most out of all expansions, which Is a crying shame as I'm a big orc fan, this Is still done all the time.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

LOL the people here.

Yeah, what everyone said: they did this with EVERY xpac so far and it makes perfect sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they merged current expansion into battlechest at the same moment during all previous expansion ?

Also, Blizzard will never be ashamed of a whole game they did. Will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post

Are people just searching for things to camplain/blame blizzard ???
    Yes, it's one of the most popular activities here.