Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I don't blame them for being volatile. Most wow players are pretty loyal to their game. Except for the ones that like vanilla wow more than modern wow. There insane. Vanilla wow sucked compared to todays wow. heh heh
    no, it had its problems but there a good game somewhere in between. I much rather play vanilla/tbc then current wow.

forums are always volatile. it's not where you go when you're enjoying the game. it's where you go to cry about it.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    We've become this, or well we might actually don't. You have to remember the people you see on these forums and such are properly the minority of all WoW players.

Personally I get mad over Ability Pruning, because most classses currently for me atleast are batshit easy. I don't understand what you can do wrong. Yet you have Jimmy who doesn't know what he is doing, and needs the pruning so he can do decent DPS. That will come at a sacrifice for me, that I'll lose what I have, and my class becoming even more easier. Most classes on live is down to 3 spells where theres no RNG at all (I main hunter).

But now I'm down to 2 spells and I'm going to complain about the change and want it reverted. Jimmy however is happy, he cannot play.
    The only pve I do are mythic 5s. Most of my time spent is in BGs and 2s. I can't imagine one time I used less than 15 spells in an encounter, let alone 3. You sound a bit like Jimmy if you're only using 3 buttons as a hunter.

have you seen the league of legends community?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    only the stupid ones. the only thing that is nearly worth complaining about in op's list is the way respeccing works now.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    It seems like WoW players these days have become highly sensitive to any changes that occur in WoW. Any change causes a huge uproar across the internet. It feels like there is a constant tug-of-war between the devs and the players on any change that they make for Legion:

Flight
    Ability Pruning
    Talenting/Speccing costs
    Gold Sinks (spider mounts)
    Order Hall mission tables
    Nostralius
    Dalaran Sewers, just to name a few.

Have WoW players become too volatile? Or are the devs just extremely out of touch these days?
    It's a VERY vocal MINORITY complaining online because they have too much free time and feel entitled for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    This is the hand I would push my chips in on. A lot of these people are even crazy enough to have handfuls of accounts that sit around and agree with themselves. I remember this happening a lot in the flying thread.
    I still don't get this whole flying thing. They could remove all mounts from draenor and it wouldn't make a difference. There's nothing to fly TO, do people just want to fly for flyings sake? Is aimless flying some sort of viable endgame that I've missed?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    The former. By miles. But this is the vocal minority we're talking about.
    Each of the points you mention are things that some players do care about, but not all of them. At the same time, they may have differing opinions on each of these issues. It all goes back to Ion's recent post about how the community is actually a bunch of a smaller communities that make up wow's playerbase. I don't like using words like "everybody," but everybody has something to complain about. They're just not complaining about everything.

Good going. Now I want to make another negativity video.
    Welcome back

Sure they may be a vocal minority, but they are also a very influential minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I still don't get this whole flying thing. They could remove all mounts from draenor and it wouldn't make a difference. There's nothing to fly TO, do people just want to fly for flyings sake? Is aimless flying some sort of viable endgame that I've missed?
    Idk and it is certainly a debate for another thread. That has clearly lost its steam as well. I mean its down to about 5-6 people that just hammer post the same things over and over again. It only really got big because it was fun as hell to troll in and watch people throw the same 4 points at you endlessly. But end of the day truth be told you cannot really tell people how to or how not to have fun. It is totally subjective to the individual. But anyone with sense, like it seems you have, can get a good laugh at how ridiculous some of the situations people put themselves in on the internet to look like they are right. I mean accounts where you reply to yourself to tell yourself how right you are? That shit is serious.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome back

Sure they may be a vocal minority, but they are also a very influential minority.
    Thanks =D
    This is correct. Usually.

If you notice, when Blizzard had changed their stance on certain topics like the ones you mentioned, was everyone pleased? Nope! Some players *are* in fact happy that there's a bit more RP when it comes to changing talents. Some players were *not* happy that flying made a return in WoD. They too are vocal. From Blizzard's point of view, the majority of the vocal crowd on an issue that affects a non-majority of players has to be balanced against their predictions of the silent majority (phew, mouthful). It absolutely doesn't mean that the loud and proud should be ignored at all, but it helps illustrate the baffling difficulty of keeping wow as a mainstream game.

Deleted
    If you "pay" for something a whole year, and they release no additional content, then i would get mad to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    If you "pay" for something a whole year, and they release no additional content, then i would get mad to.
    That's why you can, and SHOULD, pay for it monthly and not for an entire year beforehand.

No content is bad, we all get that. But if people just keep on paying regardless.... they might have to rethink who to point at.

Have WoW players become too volatile? Or are the devs just extremely out of touch these days?
    The devs are extremely out of touch, obviously.

I dislike lots of modern changes because they are not targeted at me, even more, I feel like every damn change is against me and my likes in the game. Should I just /shrug and let it happen? Sure, in the end it would be just like that; but, until there is a beta and ouir feedback can actually change something, I will continue trying to.

Also: wait till you see the amount of whine in prepatch. Pruning is absurd. When WoD's prepatch hit live, I felt like my warrior has no abilities at all. In Legion I feel same about almost every spec. Wait, you'll see.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    The devs are extremely out of touch, obviously.

I dislike lots of modern changes because they are not targeted at me, even more, I feel like every damn change is against me and my likes in the game. Should I just /shrug and let it happen? Sure, in the end it would be just like that; but, until there is a beta and ouir feedback can actually change something, I will continue trying to.

Also: wait till you see the amount of whine in prepatch. Pruning is absurd. When WoD's prepatch hit live, I felt like my warrior has no abilities at all. In Legion I feel same about almost every spec. Wait, you'll see.
    Or you could just quit and move on and leave the people that still enjoy the game alone without the endless moaning and whining to get the game to your liking.
    You are one person in millions.

People know the game so well, and are so used to how things are, that any changes scares them. It happens with almost all things
    Mother pus bucket!

Blizzard gives free unique transmog items just for logging in the game and yet people complain. I think it sums the situation pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    theres a big difference between a small vocal minority and the huge silent majority. I think alot of people would be cool with changes.
    Most people dont whine when the game goes in a direction that doesn't appeal to them. They just quit. The majority of players quit since WoD launch.

WoW players are just devoted to the game, and they love it so much they will complain about changes of something that already work and should be untouched. Also critique (even not properly constructed) is better than if people would just ignore game or praise it to the heavens ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeniwyn View Post
    Most people dont whine when the game goes in a direction that doesn't appeal to them. They just quit. The majority of players quit since WoD launch.
    majority of those are unlikely to quit due to changes listed OP and more 'theres nothing fun to do', which was warlords problem outside raids.

OT: Gamers are nearly always volatile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    It seems like WoW players these days have become highly sensitive to any changes that occur in WoW. Any change causes a huge uproar across the internet. It feels like there is a constant tug-of-war between the devs and the players on any change that they make for Legion:

Flight
    Ability Pruning
    Talenting/Speccing costs
    Gold Sinks (spider mounts)
    Order Hall mission tables
    Nostralius
    Dalaran Sewers, just to name a few.

Well first of, there's nothing to do ingame, so people will obviously spend a lot more time being angry at the forums. Second of all, I think players are TOO involved in what's going on. I remember a time when raid bosses weren't tested enmass during alpha/beta phases and there literally already being guides for every boss months before the expansion is even released. It's their game, fucking create it and surprise us, instead of having US create THEIR game.

Times change too. These days everything must go so fast, see facebook games and other "plug and play". WoW used to be a game where you had to funnel shit tons of hours into your character, not only just leveling, but the rest of the game took a ton of time. They've tried to make it more "casual" and "noob friendly" by removing a lot of the "tedius" shit, but all these so-called "quality of life"-changes have simply deminished the replay value of the game.