Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I dunno when you started playing WOD, but there has been a fuckton of guides/threads in this subforum for months with all the info you needed and was repeated again here. Yep, you missed the party...
    At the beginning of the expansion, I dinged 100 shortly after release that's really pitiful of me then

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    The only thing that makes me cheer up is that with all of you having so much money - it should be relatively easy to get rich myself by selling stuff early in the Legion
    You can also always do the Cata raids with every lvl 100. It's not comparable to the gold garrison gives you by any means, but they require no set-up and you get around 8-9k per alt per week.

Deleted
    To be perfectly honest with you the players that knew how to play the market shouldn't see the garrisons as a major source of income. I believe though it offered a good income to those that only knew NPC or quest farming to be a source of income because sitting on the garrison seems easier than going out. However, even in that comparison I believe farming for gold isn't that entirely different because getting a few K a week isn't really that impressive compared to farming old raids for instance or doing a lot of quests because cumulatively it might look a lot seeing it in a few missions, but other sources might have similar sums if you add them up.

In practice, I would say it's not very important right now to go through that. If you really want to make gold, it might be best to also branch out to other methods. Selling products for instance.

I currently have 5 or 6 newly 100 alts for some achievements I needed and I login to them for the lols once in a while, but it really seems like a long grind to be worth it now.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-05-03 at 12:22 PM.

Garrisons are a great source of income for the amount of time they take per day. I wake up 15min early for work every day and log into 12 toons with maxed garrisons while browsing reddit, and this nets me at least 300k+ per month

Deleted
    Garrisons and the amount of gold they provide players have broken the games economy

Quote Originally Posted by Pillowhead View Post
    Garrisons and the amount of gold they provide players have broken the games economy
    I am honestly scared to come back to the game after the past 6 months+ of people just hoarding gold while I've been away.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    In the time until Legion may not be enough to fully take advantage of this. You need Treasure Hunter followers. You can only recruit 1 per week. You need about 10 of them. 10 weeks get you to the middle of July. You also need time to level them to 100 and make them purple. You get maybe 6 weeks of the setup before Legion drops.

May not be worth the effort.
    Actually it is much easier to get followers to lvl 100 / purple, takes me aprox 2 days, if you have
    http://www.wowhead.com/follower=465/harrison-jones Harrison Jones follower, you can send your new fresh lowbie followers for 675 ilvl xp mission for example. So if you have that follower you can max out your followers with in 2 days easy )

Garrisons will still be good gold makers. Get 20 chars to lvl 100, have barn lvl 3. In legion you will 3 shot a wolf so probably going to get 100 orders in 10 minutes. 20 chars x 6 savage blood = 120 savage bloods per day. You can sell those to the trading post for 50 gold each so 6.000 gold each day (but get those 20 chars leveled now ) not to mention the fact that you will have 20 x 6 x 22 = 2,640 fur each day! tailors rejoice.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Hi!

As the end of the expansion draws near and the MMO-C community totally makes you think that everyone is sitting on a gold cap, just not you--

How do you even do this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5QbT5Mciw8

Follow this guide to a T and you will be rich in no time. It shows what buildings to build, how to develop your Garrison Followers, maximize missions, etc... with the least amount of time involved.

If you only have 3 treasure hunters... that's not good... you need 10+, a few scavengers, and if you do the shipyard, a few greasemonkeys. This makes the Garrison self-sufficient for the most part.

You should have several tailors crafting the bags that sell for 700-1000g each. Using excess resources to buy the fur when the right trade vendor is present.

I did this guide and made over 2 million gold... and that's getting lazy after a few weeks and only doing the missions every couple days. The other mission that give medallions, rapid mind elixirs, Champion's Honor coins, Huge Caches and bulging oil all sell VERY well and add big G to the bank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    You can also always do the Cata raids with every lvl 100. It's not comparable to the gold garrison gives you by any means, but they require no set-up and you get around 8-9k per alt per week.
    I think it would be best to go with this, takes more time then logging in the 10 minutes for garrison but for me this gives me more of a reason to play since I can get mounts/companions and whatever. I have like 8 characters and with some other stuff I do here and there I make gold anywhere between 50-100k a week depends largely on the time I have that week. So with legion 17 weeks away you can still earn a nice goldcap. My buddy got mimirons head a few weeks back, I still need that as well of course.

The only raid that I hate doing is DS, the dialogues and the fights that take quite some time even though you are oneshotting it due to mechanics and what not is annoying as hell.

So can anyone give an estimate on how long a garrison takes to get up?

If it takes me 1 day to get 25 followers.
    Lets say 1 week to maxIlevel and Epic them all out.
    Starting with 1 gold Farmer and getting 1 more per week.
    Probably no Harrison Jones.

Actually, let me try and estimate.

Taking into account the gold required to set up the Barracks, Inn, Salvage Yard and the income of gold...

2 and a half months left.

An estimated gold income of 3.5k per week based on the numbers seen in this thread.
    Approx 3k to set up the buildings.
    25k needed to buy the purple equipment for all followers to get them to 645.

So itl cost approx 28k to get the garrison ready in the shortest amount of time.
    From this week you would make approx 35k before Legion (and thats only assuming you have enough gold farmers), with 3.5k less every week.

So it really doesnt look like its worth it to bother trying to get into alt Garrisons this late in the game if my math and logic are all correct.
    (Really with I did this before I set my toon up 30 mins ago...)
    Last edited by Squigglyo; 2016-05-19 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post

If it takes me 1 day to get 25 followers.
    Starting with 1 gold Farmer and getting 1 more per week.

Actually, let me try and estimate.

Taking into account the gold required to set up the Barracks, Inn, Salvage Yard and the income of gold...

2 and a half months left.

An estimated gold income of 3.5k per week based on the numbers seen in this thread.
    Approx 3k to set up the buildings.
    25k needed to buy the purple equipment for all followers to get them to 645.

So itl cost approx 28k to get the garrison ready in the shortest amount of time.
    From this week you would make approx 35k before Legion (and thats only assuming you have enough gold farmers), with 3.5k less every week.

So it really doesnt look like its worth it to bother trying to get into alt Garrisons this late in the game if my math and logic are all correct.
    (Really with I did this before I set my toon up 30 mins ago...)
    Don't bother, it's too late to get the right follower traits with several chars and recover the inversion

Will take longer than that.

This is a mistake - the only way you should do a garrison, especially now, is if you get harrison and get his ilevel up ASAP. Harrison quests are 'fixed' schedule. Log in every day, find someone in group finder that has him up , and do his quest. Will be less than a week and you have him.

Will the gold earned vs gold spent be > 0 by the time Legion hits? Probably

Will you make hundreds of thousands before Legion? No

Will it be 'worth it' to do all this work before Legion? Only you can decide. Personally, I have 7 fully upgraded and functioning money makers, and just got an 8th 100 last week. I'm not doing the garrison on the 8th. I'm burned out, but that's just me.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't bother with building a garrison now. The nerf on the treasure hunters is probably coming on pre-patch, and since Legion is coming 31st August the pre patch will hit 3-4 weeks before it. You will have like 2-2,5 months to make your gold back and then some and i'm not sure it is actually worth the effort.

Here's one guide how to make gold with your garrison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayoff9hlJaA

Still time to make gold before Legion

10+ Year Old Account
    With inscription and JC buildings on every character you could still make a few hundred gold per character per day from the dailies alone, and Hexweave Bags sell for a decent amount so Tailoring is worth it too. With inscription you could even make Card of Omen and just use them yourself and vendor them for about 4.50g each, making each War Paint worth 9g.

I leveled a bunch of characters on two new accounts in March and that's how I've made gold off all of them. Not as much as my other three accounts that have had maximized garrisons for 10ish months, not even close, but still enough to make it worth logging on every day for.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you can put the effort in (ie you enjoy leveling chars, playing the "garrison upgrade game") then its still worth it, obviously won't make as much profit as if you started 6 months ago, but you'll still end up better off.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't listen to these guys above. The average of JC dailies is around 220g each day and the average of Inscription dailies is 100g. However, you have to deduct the cost of the ores and herbs to produce those or, if you farm them from the garrison, the opportunity profit you'd get by selling those on your AH. So, lets say you make 300g each day from the dailies. With almost 100 days left for Legion launch, you're looking at an approximate (which could be less, but not much more than) 30000g revenue from those dailies. Is it enough? You should also deduct the costs for a lvl 2 garrison (you don't need a bigger one to access the dailies) and the building costs. Also, time spent, possible nerf of those dailes at pre-patch, coming 3-6 weeks before Legion launch (we don't know yet).

Essentially, YOU have to decide whether that advice is worth it. Don't trust these guys, because they just said it is worth it.

But the costs involved for getting a level 2 garrison, a level 1 trading post and 2 small garrison buildings to level 2 are next to nothing. Combined construction and upgrade costs are 1050 gold and 600 garrison resources (you don't need to buy blueprints if you are level 96). It's also a very fast and easy to setup. There is a guaranteed follower for both professions for both factions, both unlocked after a very short quest chain. Follower level, quality and gear doesn't matter for the dailies. After that it's just a matter of logging in once per day and re-stocking on ore/herbs when they cost 4 resources at the trading post.

The herb requirements are laughable. It's the ore that made me build a Trading Post on every character because fuck that mine.

Any word on what the JC and IN buildings are going to get nerfed to for Legion?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton