Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do not care what China does on this issue. Do they have 11+ million illegal immigrants there? Also not too long ago, China relaxed their own 1 child limit to patents law to allow them more because they have found out, due to their booming economy, they were beginning too run low on workers. Keep that in mind. We do not have that problem here. :P
    so what?

China took in a lot of refugees during vietnam and korean war and 2nd world war. lest u forget

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I have to agree with this.
    Apparently he made the thread, because of the Guardian article. And that headline reads completely different.
    Isn't it frowned upon here to just post news paper articles without adding your opinion as this isn't a news forum? There's nothing wrong with framing a piece of information around your perspective.

If you're upset at what the poll shows please call Amnesty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    It is possible. Look at the Labour Party and the kind of people who vote for that stinking, vile party. Basically to be a member of that party you have to sign a pledge to destroy your own country, hate Britain and hate Jews.
    That sounds awfully familiar to the Conservative Republican starter pack in America, only blacks (or brown people) and not Jews.

Anyway, it sounds like China, but they can also enforce it. Just because they are accepting of refugees doesn't mean these refugees are going to live a life better than in the country they are fleeing. Infact, they might soon find out that living in China might actually be worse than living in Syria during a civil war.

But don't let the Peoples Republic of China find out. They have to protect their people by censoring this thread.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post

If you're upset at what the poll shows please call Amnesty.
    or maybe I report it as a clickbait thread and let the moderators decide?

You did not make this thread to showcase a crisis situation, you made it to piss on the USA.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That's your prerogative, but I don't invite strangers into my home to live with me. I don't understand why you'd trust them simply because they're refugees. It's quite reckless, especially if you have children in the home.
    We (UK) should take in more refugees, especially since Germany is taking in over 1 million refugees. We need to show the world that we are willing to step up to the plate. And hard times call for hard measures, a lot of people are willing to help but they are powerless to do so because of the government.

I've been to a refugee camp a while ago and the people were not visicious, aggressive or sexual predators - don't believe what the right wing media is saying about how savage the refugees are. Most are sweet, and normal people just like you and me.

A big reason why many people say they are willing to house at least 1 refugee in their home is because they would expect the same if they were in the refugees shoes. It's all about compassionate.

You did not make this thread to showcase a crisis situation, you made it to piss on the USA.
    I already reported it.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

It's one thing what you say and other that you do. Australia as no5 on the chart

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do not care what China does on this issue. Do they have 11+ million illegal immigrants there? Also not too long ago, China relaxed their own 1 child limit to patents law to allow them more because they have found out, due to their booming economy, they were beginning too run low on workers. Keep that in mind. We do not have that problem here. :P
    It's an interesting about face for them though, the standard response you get from China during most international crises is that they're too poor to deal with the problem and that it's up to the West to shoulder all the responsibility. If they were to start taking the lead on more global issues while we recede deeper into the bubble of self-interest, then that's going to have plenty of unforeseen consequences.

Please show me where I have 'pissed on the USA'. I have not mentioned America anywhere else apart from the thread title (and this post) and the reason for that is to give a range, a spectrum i.e. I picked the country at the top and a random one at the bottom which happened to be America.

If you don't think this thread is good enough you can always leave.

Stop being childish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please show me where I have 'pissed on the USA'. I have no mentioned America anywhere else apart from the thread title and the reason for that is to give a range, a spectrum i.e. I picked the country at the top and a random one at the bottom which happened to be America.

If you don't think this thread is good enough you can always leave.
    You've deliberately changed the article's headline, and turned the focus on the USA, and left out the source link to hide it.
    If you'd been honest about it, you would have picked a country that's definitely severely lacking on the issue.

And nope, I won't leave at all. Someone's gotta call you out for your bullshit lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    We (UK) should take in more refugees, especially since Germany is taking in over 1 million refugees. We need to show the world that we are willing to step up to the plate. And hard times call for hard measures, a lot of people are willing to help but they are powerless to do so because of the government.

I've been to a refugee camp a while ago and the people were not visicious, aggressive or sexual predators - don't believe what the right wing media is saying about how savage the refugees are. Most are sweet, and normal people just like you and me.

A big reason why many people say they are willing to house at least 1 refugee in their home is because they would expect the same if they were in the refugees shoes. It's all about compassionate.
    Why don't you start by inviting a few into your home.

Wait, we live in a world where people think defending yourself is somehow immoral, but yet people are willing to let random strangers, from a whole different part of the world into their homes?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    so what?

China took in a lot of refugees during vietnam and korean war and 2nd world war. lest u forget

- - - Updated - - -

Why should I remember? It was their choice and least you forget, they are a communist nation which has very little respect for human rights. They would naturally welcome any they can keep communists or/and convert to their ideology.

You've deliberately changed the article's headline, and turned the focus on the USA, and left out the source link to hide it.
    If you'd been honest about it, you would have picked a country that's definitely severely lacking on the issue.

And nope, I won't leave at all. Someone's gotta call you out for your bullshit lol
    Is China not at the top of the poll? Is America not lagging behind? What part of the thread title is made up? And you say I've 'deliberately changed the article's headline' like it's a crime, like it's something that is set in stone and should not be reframed. I'm done explaining myself, if you feel guilty about something I'm not the person you should be taking it out on. I've been polite with you. This thread is not about me so please be constructive.

Deleted

No, we shouldnt. we have an outright housing shortage and cannot even house our own. House prices are getting so high that people can barely afford to rent. Meanwhile, you want to flood the country with even more people who generally have no benefit to the economy as they cannot work and or speak the language.

lets also ignore the strain on our already bloated public services and health care systems.

People with your attitudes and ideologies (although noble) are dangerous to any sort of fiscal viability or general cohesion in the country. We seem to ignore half blown up military vets who are living on the street, but as long as we give mr refugee priority on a house thats all fine.

This thread is a good reason why nobody sends the OP a friend request...
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Is China not at the top of the poll? Is America not lagging behind? What part of the thread title is made up? And you say I've 'deliberately changed the article's headline' like it's a crime, like it's something that is set in stone and should not be reframed. I'm done explaining myself, if you feel guilty about something I'm not the person you should be taking it out on. I've been polite with you. This thread is not about me so please be constructive.
    Yeah China the human and animal rights paradise, the country every person in the world wants to live, the country known for its high standard of living and their ecological views. What a joke of a thread.

There is one first world country that is behind America on the graph - France - and they suffered a significant terrorist attack in the last few months.

Not a chance in hell I'd welcome a refugee into my home, regardless of their religion inviting a complete stranger into your home is asking for trouble.

UK on third place? Maybe some people should remember that there are currently less than... what? 5.000? 10.000? Asylum seekers in the UK, while in germany there are milions already.

That says everything we need to know about this BS chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    It's one thing what you say and other that you do. Australia as no5 on the chart
    Aaand this. As an Australian, I am completely embarrassed by the degree and frequency with which our government infringes on people's right to seek asylum, and both major parties hold essentially the same position on the issue, and are taking it to the next election.