Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question They are pushing Vrkrul really hard this xpac. Possible playable future?

(Possible Legion Spoilers)
    So aside from the obvious Warrior hall,highmountain and the unused but established vykrul clans of northrend.

Vykrul Champions are showing up in the monk and hunter stories as important npcs too.

which brings a second question if they are hinting at this playable future where would they end up and who would be their counter-part? Ogre?(Requested and established for horde) Naga? (another demon hunter race and the illidari joins both factions.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Despite being the progenitors of humanity I think the vrykul cleave more to the Horde's basic ideologies and traditions - they're martial, uncouth, honor-bound, and not much for mutual diplomacy or shared power.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

ever noticed how they added races in the expansion they are relevant? the vrykul were relevant in WoTLK and now, yet they werent added, so i think they wont add them anymore, or they would need to come up with a vrykul expansion kind of thing.
    and i think they are a bit too big to be we properly implented for players, characters shouldnt be bigger then taurens are imo.
    Last edited by Versatia; 2016-05-19 at 04:28 PM.

Interesting thread. I hope you get your wish.

Slightly off-topic: I just want to remind any lurkers out there that High Elves will never happen.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Interesting thread. I hope you get your wish.

Slightly off-topic: I just want to remind any lurkers out there that High Elves will never happen.
    I lol'd, yes lets leave High elves out of this thread.

OT: I think Vrykul are a interesting race, very fleshed out and updated characters models which could be used for player models quite easily.
    Would love to see Vrykul happen in the future.

One zone dedicated to the Vrykul means "omg next playable race?" Then why did it not happen back in Wrath of the Lich King???

What a shame they literally are ripping direct Norse Mythology to plaster it on them.

Ruined them outright.

Deleted
    I always liked how they look. So why not.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    One zone dedicated to the Vrykul means "omg next playable race?" Then why did it not happen back in Wrath of the Lich King???
    It's not that, it's the updated models, theVrykul-kit has a whole has been updated, same rig added to them like pandaren models etc and don't forget that we already know these guys, here they are a second time. People have been requesting vrykul for a long time maybe this is just a second try to see how much people like them.

On top of that, they keep fleshing them out with lore besides who doesn't like the Vrykul?

Edit: I do Agree on their brutal ways and backround they fill in the Horde a lot better.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2016-05-19 at 04:49 PM.

That would be like adding pandas in WoD and Ogres in Legion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    On top of that, they keep fleshing them out with lore
    You mean like Murlocs back in Mists of Pandaria (if you missed that, then shame on you)? Then why are Murlocs not playable???

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    What a shame they literally are ripping direct Norse Mythology to plaster it on them.

Ruined them outright.
    There are so many of those ref in the game and this is no different.
    Same with everything you hate them or like them.

I think norse brutal Viking people with a backround of the curse of flesh/titans etc is realy cool.
    Plus they are somewhat mysterious!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    You mean like Murlocs back in Mists of Pandaria (if you missed that, then shame on you)? Then why are Murlocs not playable???
    Why you take Murlocs as an example? they will never be playable because reasons, I don't even see murlocs as a serious candidate at all.

Vrykul have buildings, female model lots of lore.. and do murlocs get? a *reskin* and more huts.

They pushed Ogres and Arakkoa really hard in WoD... where's my playables?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    Why does everytime blizzard makes new stuff some people from community think they will be playable and so on?
    Right now there's a talk regarding Nightborne being playable - I like Vyrkul and they seem interesting in Legion but let's not ruin them by making them playable.

We don't need new races - we need good lore for the current ones.
    Imo, Nightborne and Vrykul are both good candidates, the discussion seems to be that Nightborne are like a *sub* race idea and Vykul is both a new playable race and a *sub* race idea.

I don't think vrykul are interesting Human sub race, they deserve a new race spot, some may not agree I understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    They pushed Ogres and Arakkoa really hard in WoD... where's my playables?
    Shame, Both outcast and Adherent were cool.
    I thought Highmaul looked cool and wanted to see more sadly they stopped with it afther.

Afther Highmaul Ogres were like nowere to be seen lol.

Not sure what Vrkrul or Vykrul is. Never heard of them. Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    There are so many of those ref in the game and this is no different.
    Same with everything you hate them or like them.

I think norse brutal Viking people with a backround of the curse of flesh/titans etc is realy cool.
    Plus they are somewhat mysterious!
    They're boring.

You can say a lot of races have references but Not even Final Fantasy goes full on "Lets have a NOrse inspired race be just straight up Norse and have their meythology be almost compeltely xeroxed from Norse Mythology"

Christ even Nords are less Norse than what they made Vrykul into

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Versatia View Post
    ever noticed how they added races in the expansion they are relevant? the vrykul were relevant in WoTLK and now, yet they werent added, so i think they wont add them anymore, or they would need to come up with a vrykul expansion kind of thing.
    and i think they are a bit too big to be we properly implented for players, characters shouldnt be bigger then taurens are imo.
    What about Goblins? Even in Cataclysm they hardly got any story or were relevant. Their leader hasn't even appeared in the game, EVER. Yet the race has made appearances in each expansion.

So yeah, I know where you're coming from but we've already had a race that's doing things differently. The same could become true for the Vrykul.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2016-05-19 at 05:04 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    They're boring.

You can say a lot of races have references but Not even Final Fantasy goes full on "Lets have a NOrse inspired race be just straight up Norse and have their meythology be almost compeltely xeroxed from Norse Mythology"

Christ even Nords are less Norse than what they made Vrykul into
    Vrykul have cool hooks which you may or may not like that's fine.
    Ofc they are inspired by the norse Mythology does that make them boring? The whole Pantheon is this.

I think what they are shaping up to be seems quite cool.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2016-05-19 at 05:06 PM.

I really hope not. We don't need slightly larger humans. Can't really think of a worse race to add.

This has been discussed before, do you know how many doors would need to be redone just to let Vrykul enter, I see it very unlikely that they'd add them just for that amount of work and you can't make them smaller because then they'd be humans.