Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Celestial Tournament Prep

I recently started playing around with pet battles..it's not amazing to me but I would definitely like to at least complete the Celestial Tournament. I have about 8 25's currently. What is the best way to fill out my roster? I need at least 15 correct? Should I just tame pets that are nearly lvl 25 and then upgrade them to rare? Leveling all my rares from 1-25 seems incredibly tedious.

Find one of the guides with all the strategies for each boss including the Celestials and level those pets, you need a pretty wide assortment of pets to handle the rotating master trainers.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

It can be done with 15 to 18 pets but one is making it way more difficult than it needs to be. I would level up a good 30 to 50 so it can be done a lot easier. Making sure you have back ups because rng is a bitch in the CT. Trying for short cuts only will make it a lot more frustrating.

Also get duplicates of things like water spirit, chrom, Green Proto, Anub etc as some are just going to be hard/expensive to get, you can double down on some smash teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Hey! Best do it before the Legion pre-patch hits, since some of the best strategies won't work anymore then ;-)

My tournament planner might help you out here: http://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=8

The list on the main page are 29 pets that you would need to follow the guide and do the tournament *every week*
    If you only want to complete it once, I suggest using the actual Planning Tool. Pick a week you are going to do it and then just follow the planner, select a strategy for every fight where you can easily acquire the pets. Once you're done the tool will give you a list of your chosen pets and from there it should be rather easy :-)

Good luck, if you need any help, just ask! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    It can be done with 15 to 18 pets but one is making it way more difficult than it needs to be. I would level up a good 30 to 50 so it can be done a lot easier. Making sure you have back ups because rng is a bitch in the CT. Trying for short cuts only will make it a lot more frustrating.
    The one using 18 pets is about the easiest guide I've ever seen / used.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishysib View Post
    The one using 18 pets is about the easiest guide I've ever seen / used.
    And it is dependent on good rng. Trust me the CT is all about rng. Yes those 18 can and do work when all goes well and no critical hits hit you. But that hardly ever happens so one better have some backups ready or be prepared to be restarting it a lot trust me.

When i was still doing it during MoP i used this: http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1827/a-...ial-tournament
    Still think this guys guides (also for leveling pets with pandaria tamers/spirits) are best ones

Deleted
    And it is dependent on good rng. Trust me the CT is all about rng. Yes those 18 can and do work when all goes well and no critical hits hit you. But that hardly ever happens so one better have some backups ready or be prepared to be restarting it a lot trust me.
    This was my impression as well. I have followed one guide I googled most of the time, but replaced some pets and was quite happy to have a 2nd roster in some cases, so I can re-play a battle with a replacement team if I have bad rng on the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    This was my impression as well. I have followed one guide I googled most of the time, but replaced some pets and was quite happy to have a 2nd roster in some cases, so I can re-play a battle with a replacement team if I have bad rng on the first one.
    Exactly no set up is 100% guarenteed to work. So unless one wants to wipe and have to restart the CT, loss my muliple times to get thru, having some back up pets only makes sense. The CT can be very frustrating at times and if one goes in needing things to work perfectly to win it they are setting themselves up for a long day. It happens in almost anything in the game or for real life for that matter try to do something half assed or with lots of short cuts and it usually wont work out as planned. Why not go into it with yourself covered if things go sideways?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toore View Post
    When i was still doing it during MoP i used this: http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1827/a-...ial-tournament
    Still think this guys guides (also for leveling pets with pandaria tamers/spirits) are best ones
    +1 to this

It's a lot of work, there are a lot of things to follow, but I found this the easiest to use. I did the tourny enough to get all of the pets, then I went back to get Trunks. Out of all the times I did it, I only had bad RNG -twice-. Once on Taran Zhu and once on Xu-Fu. Very unlucky crits. @_@

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...rnament-guide/

^^i use this one and it makes it really easy.

You basically have to have a few specific pets and don't forget you can heal pets up again with turnip (use heal spell and get out of combat a few times until your main pets are at full health again)

The only pet I've needed a backup for is Chrominius when fighting Xu-fu because of that bullshit crit in turn 8. I've never had a problem with any of the other trainers with that setup on wowhead.

I would pick up a pet with wish, so you can heal up the damaged team on the dragon celestial pet.

If you have a decent amount of spare change, simply buying decent pets at level 20-24 and just do the garrison pet daily for the level up charms is a quick way to reach the Requirement for the tournament.

Though some pets are kinda mandatory to reliably win certain match ups i find. You'd want frogs, water pandaren x 2 , A trio of mechanical pets Such as yeti,clockwork gnome and Sunreaver. Turnip for the mechanical cat, Sapphire panther or Ankle biters for the golden pig. Mr bigglesworth to solo the dragon Celestial pet, All 3 Faces pets from BT for Chi-chi , Undead valk , Chrom and pandaren water spirit for xu-fu. Pandaren Dragonling , Moths, Sister of temptation , Nexus whelpling also put in work for me. Though it's true any kind of pet can work, it's better to go in prepared for every kind of match up. So ideally, you want about 35 pets at 25 and blue quality for the best chance.

Or... you could figure out what pets to use yourself instead of just using a guide. Where's the fun in that?
    And don't cheat by healing between the real tries. Again: where's the fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Or... you could figure out what pets to use yourself instead of just using a guide. Where's the fun in that?
    And don't cheat by healing between the real tries. Again: where's the fun in that?
    Yeah, I always liked to figure the fights out on my own. Usually took me 1-2 tries to figure out the enemy pets move sets and then I'd put together a team that would easily counter the trainer. Needed more tries when doing the trunks achievement but it was fun coming up with working strategies, including using the passive pet as a sponge against heavier hits when it was worth it.

Oh and I never liked to rely on the howl bomb team. Only used it for most tanaan fights after I had already figured out how to win with other teams, because the howl bomb version was usually faster. Was a good choice in the end, now that they nerfed that combo to the ground.
    Last edited by DeadlyAccuracy; 2016-05-19 at 06:04 PM.

Figuring the tournament out was most of the fun of it (the rest being replicating it enough times to get all four pets).

Enter on a Tuesday, try things until you think of a pet or two that you would like to level and try. Run the MoP dailies to level your new chosen pets. Repeat until victory. Remember to take notes. The trainers are on a three week rotation.

Or level at trainers of your choice. I did it in MoP, so those trainers were the obvious choice for me.

RNG will effect any setup you run, I think I've restarted it once due to a Xu-Fu crit, so... Anecdotal evidence vs anecdotal evidence.

This guide is 0 RNG-dependant