Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No, it's too fast. We should be forced to use 60%.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Its becoming a thing in Legion. The first Pathfinding achievement, the reward is granting an additional 20% mounted speed while on the Broken Isles. Unconfirmed if it stacks with like Crusader Aura for Pallies.
    they never do... Crusader aura doesnt stack with anything. ever.
    "Increases your mounted speed by 20%. This does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects."

Maps are bigger now than in vanilla? What?

I dig the idea of making it so that walking on roads gives a boost to movement speed

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    At one point, they straight-up said that they planned on having ground mount speed buffed to avoid the need for flying in the first place. One plan was to have the roads give you a temporary speed boost for following them. Never came to fruition.
    That didn't. but the new gating for flying is brining part of that back again with the first stop giving you a ground mount speed increase flat out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of stuff can be done to "buff" mounts, but to do that without breaking the game, certain things must start having consequences.
    Hitting a wall or tree while mounted/flying? Nothing happens.
    As it currently stands, Flying already causes questing to revolve around acting like a grasshopper during quests - Mount, fly 40 yards to objective, grab objective, repeat.

A properly tuned cast time and acceleration/deceleration mechanics (slower for flying mounts) would easily establish flying mounts as the go-to travel for longer distances (crossing entire zones), ground mounts for shorter distances (moving around in a zone), while making trivial distances still favor running.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Actually, I think its clear from both prior dev. communication and my experience leveling through WoD that the maps were designed from a non-flying perspective. There are a ton of winding paths and such that were clearly intended to be completed without flying. Consider Nagrand - it was 110% designed to be completed without the ability to fly, as evidenced by the changes in elevation and the glider mini-game.

No, I don't think 100% is too slow. Its been fine since vanilla and it will continue to be fine in Legion until we unlock the ability to fly and ignore all the ground content again :P

They should get rid off all mounts. And cut run speed down 1/2 or at least give us a stam bar that allow us to run at top 15 mins and we need 3 hours to refill, otherwise we just walk, and if you walk for 4 hours total, your character will refuse to move for 48 hours. It will make the game more realistic.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2016-05-19 at 03:12 PM.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Buff all movement speed (not just for ground mounts but also for running) when following a road. Would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    No, it's too fast. We should be forced to use 60%.
    Nah, that's too fast.

Mounts need to be removed from WoW. They make it too easy to avoid mobs thus trivializing content. If you want to move fast, roll druid/hunter/shaman.

Nope. You're just too impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohgkan View Post
    100% (epic) speed since vanilla, and never been changed, yet maps are far bigger, far harder to traverse, and in all honesty.. designed with flying in mind.
    lolwut?

I don't know about you, but I actually really enjoyed the launch of WoD, and applauded at the idea of being forced on ground mounts for the majority of the expansion.
    You yes, the majority, no

I don't think it's too slow, however I also think it'd be a nice idea to have another optional level of ground mount speed that didn't apply in BGs or arenas. It'd make for a nice goldsink and would be totally optional for the stingy and/or patient, considering flight is coming to Legion eventually.

I'd say another 20-30% would be a good number. Enough to be noticable, but not enough to ruin mount animations and require them to redo them. That would put mount speed up to around where mount speed bonuses on classes got them, and they'd be just a little faster than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohgkan View Post
    However, I feel like ground mounts are just not fast enough. 100% (epic) speed since vanilla, and never been changed, yet maps are far bigger, far harder to traverse, and in all honesty.. designed with flying in mind.
    Eh what? The maps are getting smaller and fewer for each expansion. They could've banned all mounts in WoD and it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

An easy solution to your problem would go play Vanilla a bit again. Level to 40 without mount and tell me how fun the whole Barrens zone was. I'd guarantee, it wouldn't take long before you'd cry tears of joy over having a 100% speed buff and only itty bitty map to care about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    They should get rid off all mounts. And cut run speed down 1/2 or at least give us a stam bar that allow us to run at top 15 mins and we need 3 hours to refill, otherwise we just walk, and if you walk for 4 hours total, your character will refuse to move for 48 hours. It will make the game more realistic.
    And that's for cloth, obviously. Leather, Mail and Plate would have a 25%, 50% and 75% reduction in that capacity, respectively.

Okay, so i did play on the Nostalrius realm and had 2 lvls 60s, i know the running till 40, then having to be 60% even at 100. But the thing about NOSTALGIA is that its perfectly fine, i was okay with it, because i expected it and knew it would happen. It was a hell of a great experience, I enjoyed it 1000000x more than WoD.

Maps are far larger, its just the zone that's smaller overall because theres not 17 zones per continent. Look at say Surumar compared to Tanaris, there's a massive size increase.

But yeh, 100% mounts are hella slow compared to 310% flying, and doesn't have anywhere near the mobility, 150% (max) would be incredibly helpful and alleviate some travel time and the influx of inevitable 'BRING BACK FLYING' threads by an amount

100% is fine to me, I just want Daze to no longer dismount you or failing that, Daze to be a set value of damage you take once you've mounted up to be automatically dismounted. I'd say the majority of the frustration for people who are stuck being grounded is they have to deal with killing a bunch of meaningless trash mobs that you can one shot (Podlings or Goren, for example) but you still need to kill jsut to get out of combat again.

It's sad that the Chauffeur's mount is capped at 60%, that's actually immune to Daze dismounts.

Deleted
    Why are you asking this? You dont need mounts anymore in this game. You can complete the game in one spot after lvl 15. Thanks to blizzard and all the whiners. "why i have to use my mount that i wanted so badly? why cant i just teleport everywhere? what is this madnes, do i actualy have to use my mount in this WORLD OF WARCRAFT GAME?! WE WANT TO GET TELEPORTED EVERYPLACE IN THIS GAME, OR ATLEAST FLY!! BYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

As long as they don't use a fucking stupid "sprint" ability that is on a charge/CD. Makes it seem that when you are not at sprint speed that you are nerfed and it feels shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sheepra View Post
    Why are you asking this? You dont need mounts anymore in this game. You can complete the game in one spot after lvl 15. Thanks to blizzard and all the whiners. "why i have to use my mount that i wanted so badly? why cant i just teleport everywhere? what is this madnes, do i actualy have to use my mount in this WORLD OF WARCRAFT GAME?! WE WANT TO GET TELEPORTED EVERYPLACE IN THIS GAME, OR ATLEAST FLY!! BYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
    BAAAA indeed sir. You and the other sheep sound like a broken record. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Sure, but they should add collision damage. Go at your new hide speed and slam into a mailbox, you get dazed debuff for 4 hours, and your ground mount might suffer from leg fatigue and broken limbs due to too much jumping around etc
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    100% is fine