Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Why should I? Who cares?
    Well, clearly you care enough to take time out of being a grown ass adult to respond to others.

our politicians need to be manhandled any way good for him .. damn overpaid crooks...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    To clear some shit up. This was ahead of the voting sessions for a bill on doctor assisted dying, highly controversial. The mulling around and shit is a typical vote blocking process for people wanting their vote to not be counted, usually against a bill they do not agree with.

The man Justin "manhandles" behind the mass of NDP'ers was the Tory whip Gord Brown, using the huddle to block himself basically. So he can say "hey I didn't get to vote because I couldn't get to my seat!" Which is their prerogative to abstain. Trudeau, whose party is championing this bill, broke through the group to force Brown through to go vote. Brown told him to let him go, asking what the hell he was doing. In the process Trudeau tit-elbowed Brosseau. After ushering Brown to his seat, he then went back despite people saying not to and then the fracas began.

There's a lot going on here lol. Trudeau was in the wrong, but I guess he apologized. I just hope this isn't how he and his party intend on running Parliament. Crossing aisles, dropping f-bombs, grabbing people and letting emotions dictate terms in Parliament. This is not good.
    /smh

A PM who can't control his temper ... even resort to getting physical ...

What a fucking disgrace.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    as quite clearly you can not handle anybody criticising Trudeau.
    I'm not a Trudeau fanboi. He's done some stupid things thus far, and he's catering to the regressive left SJW crowd way too much. This, however, was a regressive left SJW professional victim move used on him, and there's really nothing I despise more than SJWs. You had the woman go all professional victim, and then cue all the beta males with red faces yelling in a microphone, or posting on forums like this, how it's "an outrage".

And again, the facts remain; if there's a system where there's an unwritten rule or tradition (because surely Canadians can't be dumb enough to have a written rule about this) where you're supposed to block people, especially elderly people you know won't do anything to you, with your own body, then laugh at their face while you're doing it, then if someone breaks that unwritten rule or tradition, they're doing the absolute right thing. And, if while doing that you accidentally shove some asshole who, let's face it, deserves to be shoved for being such an asshole, no harm no foul.

10+ Year Old Account
    He broke the protocol. That can't be argued away.

Otherwise I'd say it's a lotta ado about nothing.
    And the chick he accidentally elbowed definitely exaggerated afterwards.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    It's all over the news here in Canada.

Trudeau was bound to make a mistake eventually. I'm curious though how people will react to this. In the news, they're currently trying to change the spotlight from Trudeau to Mulcair, who was seen laughing at the whole thing.
    An accidental nudge is all over the news?
    Canada is not the worlds most exiting place, is it?

Why should I? Who cares?
    You obviously did considering you decided to tell people when you were born.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a Trudeau fanboi. He's done some stupid things thus far, and he's catering to the regressive left SJW crowd way too much. This, however, was a regressive left SJW professional victim move used on him, and there's really nothing I despise more than SJWs. You had the woman go all professional victim, and then cue all the beta males with red faces yelling in a microphone, or posting on forums like this, how it's "an outrage".

And again, the facts remain; if there's a system where there's an unwritten rule or tradition (because surely Canadians can't be dumb enough to have a written rule about this) where you're supposed to block people, especially elderly people you know won't do anything to you, with your own body, then laugh at their face while you're doing it, then if someone breaks that unwritten rule or tradition, they're doing the absolute right thing. And, if while doing that you accidentally shove some asshole who, let's face it, deserves to be shoved for being such an asshole, no harm no foul.
    I do not give a crap about the woman getting elbowed, I doubt many people think he did that intentionally.

What Trudeau did wrong was barging past people and grabbing the man, who evidently was quite content to not get to his seat. You do not lay hands on a Member of Parliament, that is expressly forbidden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    You obviously did considering you decided to tell people when you were born.
    No. Care about whether I'm not dispelling the notions they have. Please try to follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I do not give a crap about the woman getting elbowed, I doubt many people think he did that intentionally.

What Trudeau did wrong was barging past people and grabbing the man, who evidently was quite content to not get to his seat. You do not lay hands on a Member of Parliament, that is expressly forbidden.
    That's agreeable.
    But doesn't mean that dude didn't deserve to get punched in the face.

As much as I understood that was the Canadian way of filibustering. And filibusterers deserve such measures lol

was a regressive left SJW professional victim move used on him[...]. You had the woman go all professional victim.
    What he did wrong is rushing across the aisle to grab a Member of the Parliament (who wasn't showing much of a sign of discomfort anyway).
    His recklessness ended up with the elbow hit and subsequent exchange. But that's after the fact; he did wrong on taking upon himself to rescue that Member, that he thought was in distress of whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    That's agreeable.
    But doesn't mean that dude didn't deserve to get punched in the face.
    Then punch him outside of Parliament, there are reasons why manhandling of MPs in the voting chamber is not allowed.

As much as I understood that was the Canadian way of filibustering. And filibusterers deserve such measures lol
    It is a preferable way than talking for 24 hours straight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    he did wrong on taking upon himself to rescue that Member, that he thought was in distress of whatever.
    Or, he didn't, because the whole tradition of blocking people with your body is asinine and childish and shouldn't exist, and he was helping the man do his job, which what the hell they're there for, not to play some asinine kids' games of blocking people from walking to where they need to get to.

10+ Year Old Account
    was a regressive left SJW professional victim move used on him, and there's really nothing I despise more than SJWs.
    No, that was absolutely not what happened at all.

There was a breach of protocol, which is in place for hundreds of years. That's a tradition, and predates SJW's by far.
    It's the same shit as if you are in contempt of court.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    He should have Rock-Bottomed Mulcair and then finished that lady off with a People's Elbow.
    Having waded through the social media storm before seeing the video I am highly disappointed how much less than a Randy Savage Elbow this actually was. Seriously, the headlines might as well be "Trudeau irish whips tory back into vote, drops the elbow on NDP, retains championship".

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, he didn't, because the whole tradition of blocking people with your body is asinine and childish and shouldn't exist, and he was helping the man do his job, which what the hell they're there for, not to play some asinine kids' games of blocking people from walking to where they need to get to.
    You are assuming the man wanted to get to his seat and wasn't using the people stood there as an excuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No, that was absolutely not what happened at all.
    Yeah, it actually was, but I don't expect everyone to see that that's what happened. Some people are completely blind to the regressive left. Maybe that's because they're a part of it themselves, or maybe they're just blind otherwise, but there ya go.

Being Canadian, I was a little shocked and disappointed with his behavior. Physical contact should never come into play... it makes us feel uncomfortable, it makes you feel strong emotions.

HOWEVER

I am more annoyed with the fact that the opposition parties jumped on the opportunity to become angry, or to yell comments about how gentlemen treat women, etc.

Apparently the MP who was elbowed was so distraught she had to "leave the room"

Quite a traumatic experience I guess. It really is annoying that everyone in government seems more eager to put on a show rather then just Govern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it actually was, but I don't expect everyone to see that that's what happened. Some people are completely blind to the regressive left. Maybe that's because they're a part of it themselves, or maybe they're just blind otherwise, but there ya go.
    I already made clear that I would be fine with the guy getting punched in the face, and that the chick totally exaggerated.
    But that is not more than my opinion.
    Just because I have an opinion, doesn't make me able to ignore the facts.
    And the facts are that it's been contempt of court, breach of protocol. And with that has nothing to do with SJWs..
    SJW's are an internet thing anyway, nothing more than that.

On a second thought...
    I am waiting for the day when someone gets fouled during a match and then accused for being a SJW' because he complained to the referee lol
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-05-20 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Trudeau was a little bit in the wrong.
    The opposition was extremely far in the wrong for overreacting.
    Trudeau was not "a little bit in the wrong", under no circumstances is it acceptable to manhandle MPs.