Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Honorbuddy gold/mat farming bots Blizz sees as taking revenue from them which is why they go after it most.
    I realise you're in denial about this, which is why people like me take the time to re-iterate it: These bots hurt other players' gaming experience.

That is more than enough reason for Blizzard to take action against them.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2016-05-20 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Doesn't really defend botting. If you don't have time to play a game, then that is the path of life, you don't have time. I suggest console games or other types that doesn't demand too much progress and "work".

- - - Updated - - -

Which most likely is also banned for botting by now, haha..
    Nah u see one account bots while the other does not. You always have a fall account.

I would be willing to bet all you whiners have a big wet spot in your panties right now. Thing is Blizz likes money so botting will never go away, they make too much money from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balgazarr View Post
    Why? because some people actually have a life and can't spend 12 hours a day playing because they don't still live with mommy and daddy.
    There isn't anything in this game that requires 12 hours a day to accomplish.

Deleted
    they are botting so they know exactly what are they doing. There is no "i didnt know" excuse. Permaban them all

Quote Originally Posted by drujt View Post
    they are botting so they know exactly what are they doing. There is no "i didnt know" excuse. Permaban them all
    Its just a cycle. They know its a good chance they will have an account banned. And they are not worried......its easy to have more than one account at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Nah u see one account bots while the other does not. You always have a fall account.
    What do I know? I have three accounts for 'normal' playing..
    I would be willing to bet all you whiners have a big wet spot in your panties right now. Thing is Blizz likes money so botting will never go away, they make too much money from it.
    No wet spots here, if that is what you hoped. The thing is, Blizz likes money, that is why you get 6 months only, that doesn't change people's opinion about lazy play styles etc. They make money off it because botters gotta be more addicted than a 'normal' player if they keep returning to the game to bot even more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still trying to justify it I see. Not an admirable trait you have there mate.

Anyhow, your logic is pretty lousy. Blizzard likes money (true). Botters make a shitty game experience for legitimate players. Legitimate players pay subscriptions, buy stuff off the store etc. Shitty game experience makes legitimate players unhappy and possibly stop playing and thus paying. In other words, it's in Blizzard's best interest to get rid of them (or stop them from botting).

Botters will never be eradicated though because the pathetic individuals who use them will always exist, and there is no way that Blizzard could ever prevent them from finding a way into the game. The best Blizzard can do is try to identify them and take action against them to deter them and others from trying and in so doing keep the effect of botters in the game to a tolerable level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Don't think it's even remotely worth pursuing that but even though they preordered straight from Blizzard I still believe they are entitled to a refund around here. That said after reading the rest of the post from that screenshot what a bunch of pathetic retards those are.
    Yeah, I think if they've pre-ordered Legion then they would be fully entitled to a refund. I was talking specifically about game time.

I know of some people who run second accounts as bot accounts.
    Would blizz be able to see this? Like, I know they use the bots for farming stuff and send it to their main accounts for crafting and profiting. Running dungeons with themselves and RaF themselves with the bot.
    Would it be possible to get a ban from this?
    IMHO I think they should be banned as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    It's in their TOU that if you breach the TOU, then you forfeit any game time you may have paid for already. Are you saying that legally they are not entitled to make that part of the contract? And if so on what grounds exactly?

Legally, if you pay for a service and then you breach the contract, the service provider would be entitled to keep your payment on the premise that they have incurred costs in holding up their part of their contract. That being said, there are limits as to how much money they can keep based on the nature of the contract, but I certainly can't see Blizzard having any obligation to refund you for up to a month of forfeited gametime. Beyond that it is possible that they may have to reimburse you, but I am not convinced that anyone would have a solid legal case to try and reclaim the balance of even a six month subscription if their account was permabanned a few days in.

The same thing applies if you get kicked out of a movie theater for disrupting the show, or for tenants who breach the rental agreement and get kicked out and still have to pay their month's notice.
    Oh, nice selective quoting. And then, as per usual, you go on to argue against a completely different point to what I was making. Why do you bother? Seriously, why waste your own time arguing against yourself?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Oh, nice selective quoting. And then, as per usual, you go on to argue against a completely different point to what I was making. Why do you bother? Seriously, why waste your own time arguing against yourself?
    Sorry Pann, you're right, I misread the context (basically I had to go back a few posts for it to be clear). No need to get so hostile....

Quote Originally Posted by Danii View Post
    Would blizz be able to see this? Like, I know they use the bots for farming stuff and send it to their main accounts for crafting and profiting. Running dungeons with themselves and RaF themselves with the bot.
    Its not something you hear about that much. Most of the time you hear about ppl complaining that account #2 got banned.
    Even though blizz said they will target those ppl.....but there are ways to get away with it still.

Yeah, I think if they've pre-ordered Legion then they would be fully entitled to a refund. I was talking specifically about game time.
    Ah my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danii View Post
    In general yes they technically can identify connections between accounts and sometimes do especially when you are into gold selling on a larger scale. Sadly you often enough still don't end up with a ban on your other licenses/accounts.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Ah my bad.
    hehe - more likely my bad, as Pann made quite clear. Honestly it just wasn't that clear to me when I read it that he was talking specifically about the Legion pre-purchase (even though in hindsight it should have been).

I see you take this personally, don't get your panties in bunch little girl. I Did what I did and got my ban, deal with it, and in 6 months I'll be back. If you don't like it go fuck yourself.
    Seems to me you are the upset one. Only thing you can resorte to now is insults I see. At least I will be able to play. Enjoy missing prepatch and launch of legion.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Seems to me you are the upset one. Only thing you can resorte to now is insults I see. At least I will be able to play. Enjoy missing prepatch and launch of legion.
    I assume that people who have been banned can still go out and make new accounts, it just means they have to start from scratch again and lose all the work they have put into characters on their main account.

I assume that people who have been banned can still go out and make new accounts, it just means they have to start from scratch again and lose all the work they have put into characters on their main account.
    Which is even funnier then, because this person claimed they only botted because they have the usual "life" and couldn't level alts and such right? So now they have to relevel everything kinda ironic don't you think?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Which is even funnier then, because this person claimed they only botted because they have the usual "life" and couldn't level alts and such right? So now they have to relevel everything kinda ironic don't you think?
    Absolutely. I take no pity on these cheats. I have been enjoying the last 2 days not seeing the regular sellers of clearly botted goods on the AH undercutting my legitimately obtained stuff. These guys are just cancer in this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    But this isn't a website. Scripting something online is whatever. But in game you'd need an unlocker, which is also illegal. Either way, we lose, you win. And I know how Warden works but thanks for the lesson? >.<
    You don't understand software. These bots are 3rd party programs. They don't run inside of WoW. You know how fishing bots worked? They scanned your screen for your bobber and then clicked. So Blizzard varied the texture of the water by making it more detailed which initially defeated the bots. Newer ones were able to identify the bobber once again.

So the same thing works with OCR. If you present a captcha it's only a matter of time before all the letters are captured. Once that's done they can repeat the codes back in seconds of being presented with a prompt.

This being said, warden isn't like an anti-virus. It ACTS like a partial anti virus, only scanning several hundred thousand PC's at a time. It doesn't run on a single players process 100% of the time or we'd feel it. Hell, people who used HB 2 weeks ago aren't banned, why would they hold off on them? Only 1 possible explanation: Warden wasn't scanning their process at the time of their botting session.
    Warden is a client side program. It runs while any of your Blizzard games are active. It's scanning your memory. It may still scan your WoW folder but only an idiot would put a bot in your WoW folder still. So there's little to no impact on your systems performance. True antivirus software scans the your memory and every file that is being accessed, written, read, etc. Warden only scans active processes already in memory. Memory only scans are fast as hell.

Blizzard has claimed many times that they do bans in waves. It should be readily apparent by their post in the forums yesterday. Or the freaking original post here. "Banned right in the middle of gameplay, not botting at the time, bot not even on."

If Blizzard doesn't queue up their ban waves then how to do you explain that?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Absolutely. I take no pity on these cheats. I have been enjoying the last 2 days not seeing the regular sellers of clearly botted goods on the AH undercutting my legitimately obtained stuff. These guys are just cancer in this game.
    It sure is nice isn't it?
    What makes me laugh most of all is the game already had the big honor bot ban in January right? So why would anyone bot again after that? And if they still choose to whose fault is it at this point? How dense are they?