Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruh View Post
    wanting mounts to go faster is like wanting the world to be smaller boys...
    The world isn't smaller because you can go fast.
    Want to travel the slow way? Options are there. In-game it's even easier than IRL I'd say.
    Not advocating for faster ground mounts, but the world doesn't shrink unless you let it in a game where you can choose how to play. There will always be those that choose differently, and that's fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I do believe Blizzard has given up on using flying as a scapegoat (that's what this flying debacle was from the beginning, nothing more) but the players that get their opinions from what others tell them at some point, keep parroting it over and over, pretending like TBC, WOTLK and MoP didn't exist. Hell, people IMMERSED themselves pretty damned well in the redone Azeroth that came with Cata as well.

The only thing that ever removes immersion for me, would automated travel. Flight paths. Pretty funny of them to blame flying for "killing immersion" yet improving upon and encouraging the use of automated travel, directly promoting going AFK to take a dump or make a sandwich...

They ended up listening to those of us telling them that flying by ourselves on the back of mighty beasts like dragons, or in fun mechanical inventions like helicopters/rockets, in a fantasy game ADDS to our immersion. I'm very happy about that, and hopefully the Legion system won't give cause to spark another debacle on the subject since I think the compromise is fine. There will always be idiots out there that need to be FORCED into playing the way they want instead of just doing it though...be it only using ground mounts, never using flightpaths, not pvping, not pveing, not using heirlooms, being social and so on...
    Not to mention the front running argument of the anti flying bullshit is that you can fly over mobs to loot an item then fly away again.

Urrrr, paging Blizzard, beep beep, you realize you have cannons that fucking dismount people in Blades Edge Mountains and mobs that dismount in every city? Right? Am I the only one that plays the game and knows this?

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post

So you see, Blizzard introduced problems, then 180'd to the other way, a niche group moaned, and now we have a situation akin to "if both of you can't be happy at once, then neither of you can": no flying at all.
    e.
    We will have flying in Legion eventually though. I'm a bit worried about WHEN however...

We will have flying in Legion eventually though. I'm a bit worried about WHEN however...
    Yeah when we've done every rep, quest, treasure, rare and world quest.

You know, when we unsub or log in once a week to clear the raid.

Not to mention the front running argument of the anti flying bullshit is that you can fly over mobs to loot an item then fly away again.

Urrrr, paging Blizzard, beep beep, you realize you have cannons that fucking dismount people in Blades Edge Mountains and mobs that dismount in every city? Right? Am I the only one that plays the game and knows this?
    Exactly.

Krasarang Wilds during 5.1, if you flew into the enemy based and stayed "out of reach" but didn't constantly move, you'd be gunned down and killed horribly by other players/mobs (on PVP servers at least).

No flying in WoD was just a scapegoat for the problem which ended up causing the biggest drop ever in an expansion...the lack of content and the low quality of world content that they did put in. Some people drank their kool-aid however and it still hasn't passed through their systems it seems.

If they're going to insist on restricting flight for bullshit reasons at the start of every expansion they should at least bump ground mount speed up to 200%. But they won't do that because the whole point of making us ride ground mounts is so we spend more time traveling so they can make less content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohgkan View Post
    I don't know about you, but I actually really enjoyed the launch of WoD, and applauded at the idea of being forced on ground mounts for the majority of the expansion.

However, I feel like ground mounts are just not fast enough. 100% (epic) speed since vanilla, and never been changed, yet maps are far bigger, far harder to traverse, and in all honesty.. designed with flying in mind.
    That's actually not the case for WoD. So you can't use that in your reasoning, it doesn't fit.

Yes, thanks to the Cataclysm, zones in the old world are now much more tedious to traverse.
    Even before Cata.

Vanilla:
    Duskwood
    Stranglethorn Vale
    Dun Morogh
    Badlands
    Burning Stepps
    Stonetalon Mtns
    Feralas
    Thousand Needles
    Ungoro Crater
    Felwood
    Winterspring

TBC:
    Blade's Edge
    Shadowmoon Valley
    Terrokar Forest
    Netherstorm

The point is, there have been several zones that require traversing and twisting about to get through. Granted, Spires of Arak is now, and will FOREVER BE the zone I will hate the most, even more than Vash'Jir.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to see it unlocked in 7.1, without a meta, but it seems tedium is the new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Jones View Post
    Even before Cata.

Vanilla:
    Duskwood
    Stranglethorn Vale
    Dun Morogh
    Badlands
    Burning Stepps
    Stonetalon Mtns
    Feralas
    Thousand Needles
    Ungoro Crater
    Felwood
    Winterspring

TBC:
    Blade's Edge
    Shadowmoon Valley
    Terrokar Forest
    Netherstorm

The point is, there have been several zones that require traversing and twisting about to get through. Granted, Spires of Arak is now, and will FOREVER BE the zone I will hate the most, even more than Vash'Jir.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to see it unlocked in 7.1, without a meta, but it seems tedium is the new thing.
    The zones I bolded in your post have had (prior to 4.0) or currently have literally 1 plain of ground with the exception of a few that have 1 small area of upper level like Dun Morogh, with a massive, very obvious, very accessible path.

I don't think you understand what i'm trying to say. Your post just implied Duskwood is hard to traverse, a zone with literally 1 elevation besides a lvl 60 area thats only function was to house a world boss, that is now no longer in the game. Literally every other part on the map is within 10 yards +/- elevation to Darkshire.

On the contrast, an example of an extremely tedious zone to traverse is current thousand needles, spires of arak, stormheim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    That's actually not the case for WoD. So you can't use that in your reasoning, it doesn't fit.
    They are very obviously designed with aesthetics in mind and nothing else. There is no way gameplay was the first or primary thought when designing a winding twisting path up the side of a mountain that turns a 100 yard slope into a minute long trek around an obnoxious as fuck mountain biking course. But hey, at least it looks good, right?

They are very obviously designed with aesthetics in mind and nothing else. There is no way gameplay was the first or primary thought when designing a winding twisting path up the side of a mountain that turns a 100 yard slope into a minute long trek around an obnoxious as fuck mountain biking course. But hey, at least it looks good, right?
    don't forget your camera just hitting trees, making you play close up

Never should have added flying.

Deleted
    100% speed was fine, especially with the stables buff...until going into Tanaan.

Having that big of a zone based on exploration, treasure hunting at that speed, it gets a bit tedious. And by that time, I had ditched the stables since i got all the mounts from them. You must have some sort of fun speed boost like Aviana's feather and Skull of the Mad Chief.

Why do the feet of the mounts have to run faster? Why can't they stay at the same pace as 100%, I haven't been able to notice the difference between base 100%, and stables + tanaan buff + Guild, which makes you run at like 240% (140%). There's absolutely no immersion breaking, OH THE FEETS LOOK WONKY, the animation is capped for 100%, but even at 140% WHICH IS ACHIEVABLE ALREADY IN GAME, there's no difference. It's just that you need to unlock the stupid movement speed buffs, which are zone allocated.

I DO NOT WANT x% speed buff in Broken Isles, i want a flat x% buff to ground mounts, for all content. Levelling a new toon that can't fly. Running to ZA from Silvermoon (Still an unflyable zone), Running on the Isle of Quel for Sunwell... All these PRE LEGION ZONES where a 150%~ mount would be absolutely beneficial, IN OLD CONTENT.