Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Disapprove.
    A lot of people fight the genetic perfection they were gifted with by covering eyes and skin with makeup. Some people look absolutely amazing without makeup, but might look generic and cheap with makeup.
    Not only that, it's also unhealthy for yourself and your near environment.

The exception is if you have a depression and not wearing makeup hurts your mental health. "but i look uglier without makeup xoxoxox" is not a depression.
    Last edited by mmocdd4fd472cb; 2016-05-20 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derecho View Post
    Do you have problems with people getting piercings?

What about tattoos?

Plastic surgery?

All of these can alter/hide/enhance one's 'true' appearance.

Many women feel prettier (and are prettier) when they are wearing make-up. If they want to wear make-up, then they should be able to.

If a man wants to make sure the woman he is marrying is up to his personal beauty standards, then all he has to do is make the rule that he'll marry someone he thinks is pretty with and without make-up.

I did that, and I'm happy as could be!
    I dunno, those things are pretty permanent.

that's how I feel lol

It's her body, what she does with or without it isn't my business.

Anyways, no I don't. If I'm attracted to her, with or without make up, good for me. If I'm attracted to her only when she has make up on, I just move on.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    I appreciate the advise, but then comes the decision making time. I could probably cut back a little on the sugar, indeed. I drink two cups of lovely cappuccino a day, made with milk, not water. Dairy productcs... that's the problem I drink like a liter of milk a day - I love dairy products, especially milk and yoghurt. Vegetables... I only like cucumber For real. The others taste horrible. How horrible? It's a struggle to not vomit when I'm eating tomato.

I'm not a drinker, so that shouldn't be an issue at least.

But I'm pregnant too, which made my face more pink, so I'm hoping/praying it'll look better soon For me to give up milk, it's like for others to give up oxygen.

Maybe it's also genetical? No idea, but my mom's face is so red. Granted, she drinks a lot of alcohol and caffeine, sugary things and believes sunblock is for pussies + psoriasis. Don't want to look like her :O
    I'm convinced it's mostly genetic. Everyone's body and chemical composition is different, and what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for another.

I can't wear any type of foundation or powder, it just doesn't look any good on me. I have gone to countless "make over" parties, and sat at every major department store cosmetic counter to subject my face to the talents one makeup artist after another. Some of them have actually started crying. Foundations don't take to my skin. It just sits on the top surface, caking as it dries, and I have tried them all. My complexion is fine, so it's not so much that I need it. I'd just like to have the option to change my facial appearance, to accessorize with different styles and outfits.

If you don't eat veggies, You may want to consider vitamin supplements, especially if pregnant. If you don't like taking pill form (I don't), gummy vitamins are yummy.
    Last edited by Cricket22; 2016-05-21 at 12:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Men who pull the "Women who wear makeup are liars and fakers!" are a bunch of neckbeards who will never get laid.

Yeah, women can do some amazing shit with makeup and that's fucking awesome. More power too 'em. Tell the dumbshits who pull the liar card to shove it.

If you're asking about men wearing makeup, I can only point out that pretty much every man you've ever seen in a movie is wearing lipstick.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

D
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

If you're asking about men wearing makeup, I can only point out that pretty much every man you've ever seen in a movie is wearing lipstick.
    It's even better in some Korean dramas, where the lipstick all the guys are wearing is colored a bright fuschia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    D

It's even better in some Korean dramas, where the lipstick all the guys are wearing is colored a bright fuschia.
    I can't recall the last Japanese flick I watched where the men wore less makeup than the women. Especially the bad guys, HOLY SHIT someone call KISS I think they've lost a member.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I can't recall the last Japanese flick I watched where the men wore less makeup than the women. Especially the bad guys, HOLY SHIT someone call KISS I think they've lost a member.
    Think you're right about that. It's hysterical!

There's something about a lot of eyeshadow that I find smexy.

Yea, nothing wrong with women wanting to look nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

I love wearing makeup, its very fun and gives me a creative outlet. its cool to play with all the different colors or shapes you can use. unfortunately my work requires minimal makeup so i dont often bother with it except on the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm convinced it's mostly genetic. Everyone's body and chemical composition is different, and what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for another.

I can't wear any type of foundation or powder, it just doesn't look any good on me. I have gone to countless "make over" parties, and sat at every major department store cosmetic counter to subject my face to the talents one makeup artist after another. Some of them have actually started crying. Foundations don't take to my skin. It just sits on the top surface, caking as it dries, and I have tried them all. My complexion is fine, so it's not so much that I need it. I'd just like to have the option to change my facial appearance, to accessorize with different styles and outfits.

If you don't eat veggies, You may want to consider vitamin supplements, especially if pregnant. If you don't like taking pill form (I don't), gummy vitamins are yummy.
    have you tried a liquid foundation? i have very dry skin & have to use a damp sponge to apply it or else i get the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post

have you tried a liquid foundation? i have very dry skin & have to use a damp sponge to apply it or else i get the same problem.
    I've tried liquid foundations, and have tried the top brands, applied by professionals, at Barney's, Nordstroms, Sophora, etc., who have worked hard at applying every type of foundation ever made in my face, and it just doesn't work. Foundation is supposed to soak in, and bond into your skin, but I'm totally blonde, with finely pored translucent skin, so rather than soak in, it kind of just slides around. The end result always looks downright silly.

Even most blushes don't work well, but a lip stain on my cheeks usually does the trick. I've found the Kat Von D and Benefit cosmetics stains work best on me, and last the longest.

You have gotten me thinking though. Maybe my skin may somehow be too glass-like? I've heard they now make tiny air sprayers for applying foundation, similar to ones they make for spray tanning. Wonder if that might work instead?

Think it's worth giving a try, thanks!
    Last edited by Cricket22; 2016-05-21 at 03:06 AM.

Not a issue at all for me, But ..... those that shave off there eyebrows and then draw them back on.... that needs to stop. it never ever look good on everyday people.

The whole *makeup makes you fake* thing is just stupid, so does shoes .... or any cloth.

I've tried liquid foundations, and have tried the top brands, applied by professionals, at Barney's, Nordstroms, Sophora, etc., who have worked hard at applying every type of foundation ever made in my face, and it just doesn't work. Foundation is supposed to soak in, and bond into your skin, but I'm totally blonde, with finely pored translucent skin, so rather than soak in, it kind of just slides around. The end result always looks downright silly.

Even most blushes don't work well, but a lip stain on my cheeks usually does the trick. I've found the Kat Von D and Benefit cosmetics stains work best on me, and last the longest.

And I agree, it's fun to play with makeup, creating new looks, and styles. I'd just like to have more options.
    Hmm sounds like you may have oily skin then, might try a primer (its easy to use, i use one for redness).
    You probably dont need a full on foundation though, maybe try a tinted cream? It would sink in better.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    Hmm sounds like you may have oily skin then, might try a primer (its easy to use, i use one for redness).
    You probably dont need a full on foundation though, maybe try a tinted cream? It would sink in better.
    I do have oily skin, and problem with moisturizers is they make me break out, really badly. I always use sunscreen, but a gel based one.

but if you read my revised post above, Your post got me thinking that my skin just may be too smooth, but there's a new product I've seen--tiny air sprayers for foundation, similar to ones used for spray tans.

For me, it's definitely worth a try, so thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    I appreciate the advise, but then comes the decision making time. I could probably cut back a little on the sugar, indeed. I drink two cups of lovely cappuccino a day, made with milk, not water. Dairy productcs... that's the problem I drink like a liter of milk a day - I love dairy products, especially milk and yoghurt. Vegetables... I only like cucumber For real. The others taste horrible. How horrible? It's a struggle to not vomit when I'm eating tomato.

I'm not a drinker, so that shouldn't be an issue at least.

But I'm pregnant too, which made my face more pink, so I'm hoping/praying it'll look better soon For me to give up milk, it's like for others to give up oxygen.

Maybe it's also genetical? No idea, but my mom's face is so red. Granted, she drinks a lot of alcohol and caffeine, sugary things and believes sunblock is for pussies + psoriasis. Don't want to look like her :O
    Sugar and dairy are the two worst things for your skin. Seriously, try cutting it out for a month and see what happens. You'll be amazed

Also, if you don't like veggies then get a good quality multivitamin. If you're craving dairy that much then you're probably low on calcium/vitamin D, maybe look into a magnesium/d/calcium supplement (all 3 work together with one another).

Sure, some people can eat what they want and not break out/have problem skin and some can't.

I've only dated a couple of girls that really got into makeup and married one who has worn makeup two or three times since then. "Approve" is the wrong question though, it just looks fakey and plastic to me so I end up not being sexually interested in the girl even if the makeup itself looks nice. But whether or not I find someone sexually attractive shouldn't have much bearing on anything and doesn't amount to approval.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can do whatever the hell they want; however, I do appreciate when someone puts in the effort to try and look extra special to impress me. Skill with makeup is a skill nonetheless, flaunt it if you got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I do not like it when there is too much makeup: a person starts looking more like a doll or a robot than a person. A bit of makeup - sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.