Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Ah no, they are surely just Casuals and do not deserve to be millionaires as they have something like spare time and dont work 13 hours a day and have family..

But hey, thank you for helping me to debunk your argument.

No, its really just about effort and skill to become rich. The problem is, most people lack the skill to handle money and the skill to create something that great that would create a billion dollar company.

But still, there are some. Some few.
    I didnt state they where casuals but way to make yourself look foolish once again. I said you cant rely on only skill and effort alone. The real skill and effort people usually get hired by coorporations to slave for 12 hours a day at a mediocre wage. Some of them get lucky when they write a stupid app for a phone.

Some people get lucky rich by lotto or by being at the right place at the right time.

Its stupid to say that everyone can get rich.

Anyway i'm going to do what half of mmo-c is doing anyway and ignore you now.

You never brought anything worthwhile to the table anyways

Sorry, please help me
    You seriously blog about other people having cooler mounts then you do and fabricate reasons there is anything more to it then you being jealous. You try to bring freaking company assets into you not feeling like participating in mythic raiding like your somebody? Like you know better then they do? People have been crying about mythic raiding for years and its not going anywhere in Legion. They all use the same logic "oh the wasted resources" they have already came out and said it takes virtually nothing to do mythic raiding stop crying over a reskinned clefthoof and sky golem you would not pay any attention to if you could actually obtain them.

yes but it should be for all forms of play, from raiding, to pvp, to pet battles, collecting, to exploring, to grinding.....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I am currently pursuing a game design degree, so I do know what it takes to create 3D models, because I've had to create some for my projects. We have weeks to work on our projects but realistically if I worked 8 hours a day on it, I'd have most of them done in 2 or 3 days. Obviously there is more that goes into it than just creating the model, but it doesn't take months like you think it does.
    Studios concept before modelling and sometimes go through several concept and models before something is done. You have to model the character and then retopo the model and get rid of any triangles before animating. You have to optimize textures and the polygon count. You can bake a high poly model onto a low poly one and use displacement maps to fake details. After that you have to animated and rig the model. Blizzard has certain standards when it comes to quality and that could eat up time as well.

Blizzard does reuse skeletons and I doubt it takes months for mounts. New major characters might take months but not mounts.

I watch a lot of documentaries... like if you look at some of champions in league they go through 20 different designs and concepts. I wonder if they have a documentary based on the rift redesign...
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-05-21 at 03:27 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Fuck it. Send everyone every item in the game for logging in.

As a mythic raider I few pretty special when I get a mount that none else has, and why would you think that is bad for the game? isn't real life like that? you see people with nicer things than you and that makes you work harder for your goals, sure you can just sit down complain and be jealous. Fuck giving reward for effort is so unfair man!

The prestige comes from participating, and not from vanity items.
    This is your opinion.

Who are you to tell people from what activities and accomplishments they feel prestige?

Or how they would like to be rewarded for it?

Were they? How do you know?

Are you working for blizzard?
    https://wowmodelviewer.net/wordpress/
    C'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient nímporte qui.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost doubt they'll ever do it.

They have no problem in making infernal mounts exclusive to top PvPers. Which is even less than the amount of players who obtain a mythic/heroic mount.

Deleted
    Being rewarded for one's efforts isn't a bad thing, and have you ever heard of carrot on a stick?^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    This makes no sense whatsoever. Rare/prestige items gain their value from being rare. Giving them to everybody would rob them of that which gives them value over similar mounts etc.
    A lot of people seem to think that value is objective. It's not, it's subjective. For some people something may be valuable because it's rare. For others it may be valuable for entirely different reasons.

Most of my character transmogs come from gear that isn't found in raids, but random quests or common greens. Just about anyone can have these items, but that doesn't influence the value of them for me.

Saying that something should be exclusive because that makes it rare and thus valuable is only stating a personal preference. You prefer for it to be limited because that's what makes it have valuable for you. For other people it may have value for entirely different reasons, maybe they like the aesthetics of it or something. Wielding value as an argument in your favor instead of treating it like the subjective preference that it is either a misunderstanding or a misdirection, and artificially frames the conversation in your favor.
    Horseshit.

Because rewards rarity should be relative to the amount of effort you put in a game.
    PvP, PVE, world content, gold making, ... All should have exclusive high end rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sci Fi Samurai View Post
    A lot of people seem to think that value is objective. It's not, it's subjective. For some people something may be valuable because it's rare. For others it may be valuable for entirely different reasons.

Most of my character transmogs come from gear that isn't found in raids, but random quests or common greens. Just about anyone can have these items, but that doesn't influence the value of them for me.

Saying that something should be exclusive because that makes it rare and thus valuable is only stating a personal preference. You prefer for it to be limited because that's what makes it have valuable for you. For other people it may have value for entirely different reasons, maybe they like the aesthetics of it or something. Wielding value as an argument in your favor instead of treating it like the subjective preference that it is either a misunderstanding or a misdirection, and artificially frames the conversation in your favor.
    Value is not subjective, if you can buy an ounce of gold for $1, its value is $1 per ounce. It doesn't matter if you like gold or not.
    Same for mythic rewards. If its a mythic only reward, it has a high value in PvE world. One being excited over it or not is irrelevant to the value of that particular reward.

Mythic and pvp need rewards, otherwise nobody will do them. On top of that, you don't "deserve" everything in the game simply for logging in. That's how we get shitty games.

I'm actually more surprised you aren't even touching elite pvp gear sets. They get unique and cool sets that are locked off at the end of each season, while mythic gear is not locked off and you can go farm it later when it's easier. You can never obtain that pvp gear. Isn't THAT more of a waste than mounts you can go farm later?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    So let me get this straight. Almost everyone did dungeons at max lvl and that was their end content, which is fine, but apparently most ppl didnt even hit max lvl even when tbc launched. Makes no sense.
    Thats a quote from the devs, actually. Greg Street in special. He said that the vast majority of players didnt play on max level in tbc.

And the fact that after a year in tbc, ppl havent reached max lvl, which all it required was to do dungeons 10 times and the 6 big quest chains, when literally was taking max 2 months if u played 1 1/2 hours per day, makes me wonder if u actually played the game or u just logged once every week.
    I am just quoting the devs. You may believe, what you like to believe if it fits to your agenda.

Then if any of the above cases is true then u dont deserve high end rewards.
    Noone except you deserves anything, right? Oh well, we talk about a computer game and not about a management department.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I didnt state they where casuals but way to make yourself look foolish once again. I said you cant rely on only skill and effort alone. The real skill and effort people usually get hired by coorporations to slave for 12 hours a day at a mediocre wage. Some of them get lucky when they write a stupid app for a phone.
    So you literally say, people got rich because they were lucky only? Is that actually just a excuse for you not being a millionaire already?

Is it probably the same for mythic raiders, because they are lucky by finding a working team?

So is the limitation to a minority influenced not only by effort and skill, but also by the luck to find a team where you fit into?

Whoa. What a revolutionary idea!

Some people get lucky rich by lotto or by being at the right place at the right time.
    No, actually they put in effort and have skill.

But still a minority are millionaires only. While everyone could be one if he just would "GIT GOOD"..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    You seriously blog about other people having cooler mounts then you do and fabricate reasons there is anything more to it then you being jealous.
    No, i actually blogged about assets and that they should be reused to be justified, based on the fact they are really expensive.

I wonder what you interpret in words here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Like you know better then they do?
    I dont know better. I just have another phliosophical approach and argument it. While you limit your complete argumentation on "You are just a noob and want everything for free".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Nobody wants to MMORPG in a communist world.
    That would be rather interesting. Become a proletarian and rise in your party.. Work on the 5 year plan and discuss dialectical materialism with your comrades. Those would be quests i really would like to see in World of Warcraft.

I would call my gnome "Che Gnomevara".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    This is your opinion.

Who are you to tell people from what activities and accomplishments they feel prestige?

Or how they would like to be rewarded for it?
    Its not up to me to decide that. It is still up to me to try to talk about game design philosophies, in the hope to talk to intelligent people, without being targeted by ad hominems if possible. But hey, thats a real weird wish, obviously.

Deleted
    but apparently most ppl didnt even hit max lvl even when tbc launched. Makes no sense.
    It makes perfect sense.
    This is exactly the level of a "average WoW-player", the huge mass, the millions. This is the level they've been playing on (and still play).
    The mere fact of hitting max level while it was still relevant was a mark of a hardcore player.
    We, the people who do raiding are special snowflakes - and so detached from the reality for which the devs have to design for.

You might think this sounds like a jest or sarcasm, but it's not. The average WoW player is just that.
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-05-21 at 07:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Mythic and pvp need rewards, otherwise nobody will do them.
    Actually, every gameplay in a MMORPG which is based on skinner boxes should be rewarded properly, or people wont play them. Thats not just limited to high end pvp and mythic raids.

LFR should be rewarded properly. Dungeons should be rewarded properly. Pet battles should be rewarded properly. Open world content / quests should be rewarded properly..

And the best concept actually is to reward players with intrinsic rewards (means fun gameplay) and extrinsic rewards (means character progression, as like items and stat- or skillbonuses, which make your character stronger).
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-05-21 at 07:35 AM.

Exclusive mounts should exist. If you're going to the most difficult content, you deserve to get something long lasting and unique.

Deleted
    I don't understand players who have a problem with other players getting rewards that are there for those willing to clear the hardest content, or play their characters to the highest level in PvP.

Paying £9 a month does not entitle you to anything other than the game.

So yeah, Mythic only mount assets are, in my opinion, completely justified.

Wow this is what the OP basically says *I am entitled to earn everything the easy way since I don't want to put as much effort as other players ingame, who cares if these raiders/pvpers will get a reward that looks exactly like mine, only a different color and me needing a thousand less hours to acquire?*
    The answer is a big NO. Get good and obtain these cool mounts. Don't have time for it? There are over 200 mounts in the game, some of which are really cool, which even a casual can get (Firehawks, Invincible, Ashes of Al'ar, Corrupted Dreadwing, Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent) so grind those, don't feel entitled to have the best looking rewards in the game RIGHT NOW with half an hour effort while mythic raiders/pvpers spent days, if not months to get something like that. Is the unique mount only for a small part of the playerbase? Yes, should it be? Yes, why? Because there have to be some rewards in the game that make you actually want to do hard content. Hard content has to feel rewarding, else we could all wait till next expansion and just destroy everything with 10 lvls higher characters.
    Just like the 2 million gold spider mount, the mythic mount should be unique, something that needs a big amount of effort to get and if Ion said that it will be indeed unique from now on then I tip my hat off to this sir!
    Last edited by Soluna; 2016-05-21 at 08:11 AM.