Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I probably won't be able to get something in World of Warcraft.
    This is preposterous.

5 infernal models, only 4 seasons, h mmmmmhmmmmmm something tells me we will get one that isn't a glad

I'd be willing to wager that the vast majority if not every single one of the people spouting some variance of "git gud and earn it huehuehue" aren't even good enough to get in the top 0.5% bracket themselves.

For what it's worth, I completely agree that there should be at least one version of a mount model available to the majority of the playerbase. Farming old raids, making previously expensive mounts comparatively cheaper after inflation sets in, or even something that is challenging for most that can be circumvented via paying gold for carries (CM, heroic archi, etc). By all means, save the best designed and coolest versions for the best of the best players and have some exclusivity from that. Just don't put something iconic as infernals as locked away to the top 0.5% of one minority group of the playerbase for a limited time period with no options for a lesser version anywhere else or after that time period is over.

That being said, I do expect a more obtainable to get infernal will show up at some point. If it's not already planned, they'll probably get enough feedback to push them into it.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Lets be honest, there is no way the Infernal "skeleton" will stay exclusive to Gladiators. That said, I do think it would be cool to keep them exclusive for the entirety of the expansion.
    Exactly. Though PVP often gets unique colors or armor variations (netherdrakes, twilight drakes), there's normally at least a couple of variants available outside of PVP. In fact, according to a quick look at warcraftmounts.com all of the gladiator mounts are variations of other mounts still available in the game (TBC: armored Nether Drakes, Wrath: Frostwyrms, Cata: armored Twilight Drakes, MoP: armored Cloud Serpents and Wod: Gronnlings.

As far as I'm concerned, while I'm a bit sad they ended up high end PVP mounts, I've already written them off and am ready to move on. Another look at warcraftmounts.com says at least 1 variant of the infernal is not labeled PVP, and it isn't like they can't make more variations.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the difference with these Mounts vs PvE ones and to people say "lol git gud.. earn it" is even if you get good at PvP these are still only for the top 0.5%

Compare that to PvE mounts that even when they are "prestigious" are available to ANYONE good enough to get them. Whereas the PvP mounts are only available to the top 0.5% so if you were in the 0.6% which would still make you a better player than all these people saying "hurr git gud" You would still miss out regardless of the amount of effort you put in to it.

Also with these being unique chances are many of the 0.5% will also go to people just paying tonnes of gold for high rank boosts which would push people who are actually in the 0.5% out of that percentage.

Quite silly to block such a unique mount behind 0.5% attainability.

Quote Originally Posted by jramm187 View Post
    5 infernal models, only 4 seasons, h mmmmmhmmmmmm something tells me we will get one that isn't a glad
    All 5 are glad, and supposedly there are 6 seasons (there were 6 glad coursers originally), so they will actually need an extra color.

Quote Originally Posted by Treno View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, while I'm a bit sad they ended up high end PVP mounts, I've already written them off and am ready to move on. Another look at warcraftmounts.com says at least 1 variant of the infernal is not labeled PVP, and it isn't like they can't make more variations.
    That's just because they missed updating it, if you mouse over the wowhead link you will see it, too, is a gladiator mount.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2016-05-21 at 01:11 PM.

I'm just as fine with not being able to get an infernal as I am with not being able to get any of the other gladiator mounts. I'm inclined to say good on Blizzard for giving the pvp community a unique (at least for now) reward to work towards if they so choose. Whining that you won't be able to get one because it's only obtainable through pvp makes you sound bratty and entitled.

K I'm fine with a Pink version of the Gladiator mounts in the expansion after Legion that can be easily obtained. Sounds about equal to current tier raid mounts. Happy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    This guy gets it.

People like Reglitch telling you to buckle up and get it are either trolls who are not worth your time, or wannabe tryhards who don't understand how things work. It is also ironic how the word "crybaby" is brandished about, when the only reason glads got infernals instead of coursers was that they bawled about it on Twitter (and they were still unhappy in the end, they wanted storm drakes boo-hoo). Crying about it seems very effective, and I suggest any PvE-er interested in having an infernal to tell WarcraftDevs about it.

To the OP, yes, we have been complaining about it. Chances are the PvE version is planned but will simply appear later. Both netherdrakes and frost wyrms were released first in PvP. The only reason I'm even concerned is that infernals weren't originally meant to be glad mounts, and I'm not sure how hard it would be to make different variations. Let's hope they do appear, though.
    so the people who are unwilling to put the time and effort into earning their mount also think people not sharing their opinion are trolls, this couldn't be any more indicative of the actual problem here, the attitude of the people who think they deserve rewards analogous to those the best players earn just because they use their NEETbux for a sub

10+ Year Old Account
    god you people always find shit to complain about... earn it if you want it. that goes for anything in the game. yeah you could buy a carry, or you could practice and get some skill at the game to get it a better way

2 million gold is pretty trivial to obtain now, infernals are going to be harder to obtain throughout legion. deal with it
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I think the difference with these Mounts vs PvE ones and to people say "lol git gud.. earn it" is even if you get good at PvP these are still only for the top 0.5%

Compare that to PvE mounts that even when they are "prestigious" are available to ANYONE good enough to get them. Whereas the PvP mounts are only available to the top 0.5% so if you were in the 0.6% which would still make you a better player than all these people saying "hurr git gud" You would still miss out regardless of the amount of effort you put in to it.

Also with these being unique chances are many of the 0.5% will also go to people just paying tonnes of gold for high rank boosts which would push people who are actually in the 0.5% out of that percentage.

Quite silly to block such a unique mount behind 0.5% attainability.
    if you were in the top 0.6% but not the top 0.5% then you didn't do well enough, an intrinsic part of competition is that the rewards are exclusive to the winners

just in the same way a lot of guilds aren't good enough to get a full mythic clear, a lot of players arent good enough to get 0.5th percentile in pvp

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Wolf yes
    Moose no.

Hell event the mythic only mount is a recolor/reskin
    have you not seen #freindship moose...? people are giving away heroic archimonde kills for free to get people the moose....

i did heroic archimonde 1 shot with my guild all alts, 690-700 ilvl
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    have you not seen #freindship moose...? people are giving away heroic archimonde kills for free to get people the moose....

i did heroic archimonde 1 shot with my guild all alts, 690-700 ilvl
    If i dont have it.
    Then its not easy
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    If i dont have it.
    Then its not easy
    lol :P mhm i guess thats how the general people have it

and if you want it you can just google freindship moose and find a guild giving it away on your faction
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    if you were in the top 0.6% but not the top 0.5% then you didn't do well enough, an intrinsic part of competition is that the rewards are exclusive to the winners

just in the same way a lot of guilds aren't good enough to get a full mythic clear, a lot of players arent good enough to get 0.5th percentile in pvp
    Yeah, I think they should have kept the Naxx Proto-Drake model for all PvE mounts too though, with even more restricted time limit. Like say you are only able to get the mounts if you kill all the mythic bosses within world top ~50 guild range.

Now that they wanted to make all the past raid mounts accessible for everyone after Ulduar I think it would be only fair to add all past Gladiator mounts to BMAH and as a 0.001% drop as a BG box reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    lol :P mhm i guess thats how the general people have it

and if you want it you can just google freindship moose and find a guild giving it away on your faction
    well i have been busy and i fully expect that they do this when i cant.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Get better at pvp and earn one.

"Please give me all the things. I don't want to have to work for them. I want to buy them with rl/ingame money!"

Much more accurate title.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    Yeah, I think they should have kept the Naxx Proto-Drake model for all PvE mounts too though, with even more restricted time limit. Like say you are only able to get the mounts if you kill all the mythic bosses within world top ~50 guild range.

Now that they wanted to make all the past raid mounts accessible for everyone after Ulduar I think it would be only fair to add all past Gladiator mounts to BMAH and as a 0.001% drop as a BG box reward.
    This is a pretty legit idea. If you can go back and farm old content for mounts you should be able to obtain rare pvp mounts via box but a really, really low drop rate.

2 million for a spider?! I hope that thing has a mailbox stuck to its back!

OT: Earn it.

I'd understand it if these mounts were obviously PvP in origin, but they are in fact practically the mascot mooks of PvE in this expansion. Same deal with the money spider. For that sort of cash one would expect a mount literally made of money, like a blingtron. But it's just a regular old spider. It's like they're throwing darts at a board to determine what rewards what.