Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Granted this is just my opinion, the only 2 healers I've played on beta so far are holy and disc. I found holy to be far easier to heal with personally.
    I tried out both priest healing speccs and resto druid. Both priest speccs are stronger and really fun to play.

Okay i tried Holy for a bit : WTH ARE THOSE DAMAGES IN VIOLET HOLD ? THIS POISON DOT TICKS FOR SO MUCH AND YOU CANT DISPELL IT ? -_-

Also about the Naaru... is it bugged ? I swear it procs like once or twice per dungeon and the lacks of animations make me think he's just there to be pretty.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc's tank hps is only really comparable to holy's if you have high twist of fate uptime/grace and if shadow mend debuff is being consistently cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Also about the Naaru... is it bugged ? I swear it procs like once or twice per dungeon and the lacks of animations make me think he's just there to be pretty.
    I was wondering about that also... thought about posting but as you an see I mostly lurk.

I've healed several dungeons now and I've seen the Naaru proc twice. I've never seen it proc outside of a dungeon. Also, as you've said he just sort of chills next to me not doing anything.

Just because there's no clear animation doesn't mean it just sits there doing nothing, the naaru replicates the spells you cast with a version of it's own. Most of the naaru abilities have been severely buffed and when it is actually up there is quite an impact. Here are the 4 abilities he uses:

Healing Light - Casted whenever you use a single target heal, heal doesn't proc this ability.
    Tranquil Light - Casted whenever you use a healing over time since renew is the only heal over time holy priests have that's the only way to proc this, this ability can't crit currently.
    http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=196810/dazzling-lights - Casted when you use an aoe heal, heals 5 targets on a 15y radius this is the only heal that didn't get buffed.
    Searing Light - Casted whenever you use a damaging ability

Currently uptime of this pet is very low because it's only a 15% chance whenever you use a holy word which might lead you to believe that it doesn't actually do anything but all that is needed is a proc boost and it will be in a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Just because there's no clear animation doesn't mean it just sits there doing nothing, the naaru replicates the spells you cast with a version of it's own. Most of the naaru abilities have been severely buffed and when it is actually up there is quite an impact. Here are the 4 abilities he uses:

Healing Light - Casted whenever you use a single target heal, heal doesn't proc this ability.
    Tranquil Light - Casted whenever you use a healing over time since renew is the only heal over time holy priests have that's the only way to proc this, this ability can't crit currently.
    http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=196810/dazzling-lights - Casted when you use an aoe heal, heals 5 targets on a 15y radius this is the only heal that didn't get buffed.
    Searing Light - Casted whenever you use a damaging ability

Currently uptime of this pet is very low because it's only a 15% chance whenever you use a holy word which might lead you to believe that it doesn't actually do anything but all that is needed is a proc boost and it will be in a good place.
    Cheers ! That's acutally really cool ! Thank you a lot, and yeah I did not get the part that only holy word were proccing it.

It sure sounds good when you know what he actually does I hope they add some animation tho.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    *snip*
    Good info! Thanks! Does for sure need a proc boost.

Quote Originally Posted by scabsworth View Post
    I was wondering about that also... thought about posting but as you an see I mostly lurk.

I've healed several dungeons now and I've seen the Naaru proc twice. I've never seen it proc outside of a dungeon. Also, as you've said he just sort of chills next to me not doing anything.
    7 posts in 6 years, i'm impressed.

Thanks for the explanation Isheria.

Hey all. I've browsed through pages and various youtube videos, but haven't quite seen what I've looked for.

How is Holy shaping up for Mythic+ Dungeons? I'm planning on doing 5man content with some buddies, and the Holy kit seems really interesting. What talents would you think ideal for the 5man scene? Apotheosis seems a bit ... lackluster? CoH looks more ideal for dungeons. What about in the 90 tier?

Do you think Holy be able to handle harder spell combo's in higher tiers, or would other classes still blow it away? Can't test how strong/weak the kit is without beta, so any comments would be helpful. Thanks!

Anyone started to look into a "bis" from hc/mythic for holy?

Just did Normal Halls of Valor as Holy. logs

Here's the talents I ran with:
    15 - Enlightenment. Mainly chose it to see how it would do. Never felt mana was an issue, even when I had to spam FH constantly to keep the tank up.
    30 - Body and Mind, Wanted to try it as opposed to feathers. The heal is crap as is the duration. However it removes the hassle of placing feathers so it's fairly viable IMO.
    45 - Censure, I don't think i'll ever not take this talent. Shining Force causes knockbacks, which while might be good while questing, isn't so good for dungeons/raids
    60 - I took Light of the Naaru. I was pretty much always casting something so the passive benefit helped out tons. I may take Guardian Angel next time as I never had my GS pop and the 90 second reduction on the CD is nice. Didn't see a need for Symbol of Hope when i'm the only healer, especially with Enlightenment.
    75 - Surge of Light. Binding Heal just feels meh to me. I could see it being useful, but most of the time it would be overhealing. The free FH's help with triage healing and getting Serenity off CD. Works great with Light of the Naaru.
    90 - Divine Star, I always take this when running SoL. I would get at least 2 free FH's per cast, even if I only hit 1 person. Halo just didn't seem worth it. I may try Divinity next time and save Sanctify as a pseudo oh shit CD.
    100 - Circle of Healing. Amount of healing from this I had was pretty good. It doesn't hit for a lot, but it was nice to have an AoE instant on the move. Apotheosis feels meh in general, didn't think i'd need it in there. Benediction would probably get more use in a dungeon with more ticking damage. I could see it being used for one of the mythic affixes.

So far, loving the playstyle of holy. I feel extremely versatile. I also have to say that our artifact tree is literally the best of all the specs. We have only 1 semi useless talent and the rest are good if not great.

Body and Mind is occasionally very nifty, as it procs Surge of Light.

thank you so much for your post, Djriff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Just did Normal Halls of Valor as Holy. logs

Here's the talents I ran with:
    15 - Enlightenment. Mainly chose it to see how it would do. Never felt mana was an issue, even when I had to spam FH constantly to keep the tank up.
    30 - Body and Mind, Wanted to try it as opposed to feathers. The heal is crap as is the duration. However it removes the hassle of placing feathers so it's fairly viable IMO.
    45 - Censure, I don't think i'll ever not take this talent. Shining Force causes knockbacks, which while might be good while questing, isn't so good for dungeons/raids
    60 - I took Light of the Naaru. I was pretty much always casting something so the passive benefit helped out tons. I may take Guardian Angel next time as I never had my GS pop and the 90 second reduction on the CD is nice. Didn't see a need for Symbol of Hope when i'm the only healer, especially with Enlightenment.
    75 - Surge of Light. Binding Heal just feels meh to me. I could see it being useful, but most of the time it would be overhealing. The free FH's help with triage healing and getting Serenity off CD. Works great with Light of the Naaru.
    90 - Divine Star, I always take this when running SoL. I would get at least 2 free FH's per cast, even if I only hit 1 person. Halo just didn't seem worth it. I may try Divinity next time and save Sanctify as a pseudo oh shit CD.
    100 - Circle of Healing. Amount of healing from this I had was pretty good. It doesn't hit for a lot, but it was nice to have an AoE instant on the move. Apotheosis feels meh in general, didn't think i'd need it in there. Benediction would probably get more use in a dungeon with more ticking damage. I could see it being used for one of the mythic affixes.

So far, loving the playstyle of holy. I feel extremely versatile. I also have to say that our artifact tree is literally the best of all the specs. We have only 1 semi useless talent and the rest are good if not great.
    I went for almost the same, just changed the first tier to Trail of Light. Mainly because the tank was getting a real beating on the heroic runs I did, (we were all around 800 ilvl though). Couldnt quite figure out if the Trail of Light procs if you cast Flash on the same target twice. Does anyone know that? Cause it's a nice boost to tank healing if it does.

Tank healing is gonna be easy though once you upgrade the artifact and get Light of T'Uuro and Blessing of T'uuro.
    Last edited by mmoc66f43097a4; 2016-05-21 at 11:28 AM.

No it doesn't, if you pick trail of light and flash the heal the same target you basically waste the talent. The main reason to pick trail of light is so you use flash heal to aoe heal with a pseudo beacon healing style. If you want the traditional priest aoe healing you're better off taking enlightenment and making use of sanctify, divinity, prayer of healing combo which gets boosted much further when you will unlock the power of the naaru and holy guidance traits.

Is Apotheosis that bad ? the visual is amazing... kinda sad if it is lackluster hps wise :/

Homophobia is so gay.

It is actually very good but not in a 5-man, there CoH is the undisputable winner for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinie View Post
    I went for almost the same, just changed the first tier to Trail of Light. Mainly because the tank was getting a real beating on the heroic runs I did, (we were all around 800 ilvl though). Couldnt quite figure out if the Trail of Light procs if you cast Flash on the same target twice. Does anyone know that? Cause it's a nice boost to tank healing if it does.

Tank healing is gonna be easy though once you upgrade the artifact and get Light of T'Uuro and Blessing of T'uuro.
    I agree. I just did it at the premade level to see how it would do. I'll probably do some more with a higher level character. I hope they let us copy our characters over soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Is Apotheosis that bad ? the visual is amazing... kinda sad if it is lackluster hps wise :/
    I think it's good but 3m feels a bit too long.

Deleted
    Hey folks.

Got into beta and have spent the last week and a half playing alot of holy priest. Leveled up to 110 (as holy) and am now at around ilvl 826ish. For comparison i have also done the initial artifact aquisition on all other healing specs and ran a few dungeons just for comparison.

I can confirm alot of what people have said in that holy is hella-fun. So far i have ran alot of normal dungeons, a few heroics and 1 mythic (but had to bail partway through) The toolkit feels great to use and incredibly versatile. mana has never really been an issue even with doing mostly FH > Heal casts. I have always felt in control on the situation (unless its 100% inc wipe situations) and blizzards idea of allowing people to be at lower health longer actually plays to holy's benifit i find myself frequently allowing the tank to drop pretty low (like 1mill missing health) with a renew rolling on them, i FH the rest of the group up a bit to bring serenity of CD, then t'uure and drop the serenity for a 1Mill + heal.

Talent wise this has been my go to setup:
    15: Enlightenment - has probabaly been un-necissary for dungeons tbh and i am intending on changing and testing with Trail of Light
    30: Angelic Feather - Still solid and reliable did test body and mind and the 10 second CD felt a bit restrictive. Might be improved by having a second charge.
    45: Afterlife - fairly self explanitory however when questing i did generally use censure
    60: Light of the Naaru - Dont need symbol for 5 man content and the times ive needed to use the angel atall have been fairly slim. Never felt overly restricted by the current CD
    75: Surge of Light - the 8% proc rate happens very frequently especially with divine star in the later tier. i have tried Piety and BH but SoL is by far my favourite really solid boost to mana and throughput.
    90: Divine star - Works a dream with SoL ive seen 5 procs from a single star in a melee stacked group. I have a hard time imagining when id drop this for the other talents really.
    100: Apotheosis - it is a big healing CD. the ability to to do FHx3 - serenity rotation can give some insane burst healing. I am going to now change to CoH and do some testing with that and see how it feels.

Artifact wise im now at level 14-15ish i started going up left to get Light of T'uure and i am now working back up the right side for the improved renew, heal and FH.

So right now i am really enjoying holy priest. far above the other healers (although i have sunk considerably more time into it than any other)

But yeah if anyone has any questions from my levelling or 110 experience. ask away :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeires View Post
    But yeah if anyone has any questions from my levelling or 110 experience. ask away :-)
    How was soloing as a holy priest?