Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Augmented reality 50 years from now

So what if you had Google glasses or eye implants with some kind of ear buds and nearly everything in your environment triggered some kind of media display? It's kind of like Minority report.

It looks overwhelming to me.

Hyper-Reality presents a provocative and kaleidoscopic new vision of the future, where physical and virtual realities have merged, and the city is saturated in media. If you are interested in supporting the project, sponsoring the next work or would like to find out more, please send a hello to info@km.cx

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Cant wait till facial recognition interfaces with criminal databases so you'll be able to see the danger around you.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Cant wait till facial recognition interfaces with criminal databases so you'll be able to see the danger around you.
    Might just start researching for a possible way to create Dominators (warning: tiny bit of gore) in use for justice, while we're at it.
    (It's from the anime Psycho-Pass, a 'futuristic' (/sci fi) view of weapons capable to immobilize or kill the target depending on the crimes by the perpetrator, and effects experienced by bystanders/victims in events such as rape or witnessing murder)
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2016-05-21 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Nitpick editing over small errors.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    God that looks terribly messy. x_x
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Dystopias used to be grim, and hopeless.
    This future is just annoying.
    I love it xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    Might just start researching for a possible way to create Dominators (warning: tiny bit of gore) in use for justice, while we're at it.
    (It's from the anime Psycho-Pass, a 'futuristic' (/sci fi) view of weapons capable to immobilize or kill the target depending on the crimes by the perpetrator, and effects experienced by bystanders/victims in events such as rape or witnessing murder)
    I'm so down with automated justice.

A network of cameras, bio-sensors, drones, and computer banks monitoring criminals and dispensing punishment without the interference of mans ability to scam the system, buy freedom, trade on a special protected characteristic, or be pandered to by bleeding hearts.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Just more Science Fiction nonsense

Pretty much the direction things are going now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    God that looks terribly messy. x_x
    I'm sure they'll be mods
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I would be behind this if you could block ugly people's faces.

Deleted
    Hope that UI allows modding, what an eyesore

Loyalty points that can be reset so easily and all at once?

Clear fiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly if things would be that spammy I would take it off in a heartbeat. Cba with all that shit.

A little help here and there is fine. But no ads. And no vanity bs like those trees and w/e.

The "clear area" would be INSANELY useful for emergiency services though.

That was like a seriously fucked up shit I've just seen. If that's out future, all I hope is to die before that happens.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does everyone have a Sims crystal above their head O.o

i imagine someone from 100 or 1000 years ago would be confused as fuck by a modern display screen. it's not unreasonable to think that tech from the future would seem messy or confusing to us, but not to future peoples.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Somehow I think this is really unhealthy. Waaaay to busy.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Honestly if things would be that spammy I would take it off in a heartbeat. Cba with all that shit.

A little help here and there is fine. But no ads. And no vanity bs like those trees and w/e.

The "clear area" would be INSANELY useful for emergiency services though.
    I just thought of something. You know how grandma and grandpa wind up with 14 browser bars installed so they can barely see the page they browsed to?

That's what this probably is, a bunch of opt in stuff. A techy would have a much cleaner UI.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The collapse is going to come far quicker then fifty years. I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I just thought of something. You know how grandma and grandpa wind up with 14 browser bars installed so they can barely see the page they browsed to?

That's what this probably is, a bunch of opt in stuff. A techy would have a much cleaner UI.
    Well, she did install "optional" pet which is quite likely to be trojan that caused malfunction requiring to visit service center...