Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

How do you handle people who are constantly calling/texting you?

See thread title.

I'm a busy girl and a massive introvert, I hate the phone and I only text people when I have to (ie., going out somewhere). I'll make exceptions for certain people phone-wise like friends who live halfway across the country/abroad, but those are rare exceptions.

Long story short there are 2-3 guys that I'm talking to that text me nonstop and it's fucking annoying, one of them will ask me what I'm doing at least once an hour during the workday. I tell them I'm working and it seems to go completely over their head.

Right at this very second one of them is complaining about how mean I am because I only sent him a couple dozen texts today (23...I counted).

How do I tell people nicely that I have better things to do than text all day long?

ITT: OP thinks she's so important that guys won't leave her alone.

Block them when you do not want to be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    ITT: OP thinks she's so important that guys won't leave her alone.
    Yes, that was clearly the point of the thread.

Be a mature adult and be frank with them. Don't act like a child

Guys don't take hints, so be straightforward. A simple Hey, I'm at work and don't want to be texting so please stop will go a long way. Or just respond with dick pics to everything, whatever works

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes, that was clearly the point of the thread.
    Grow up. Learn how to communicate with others and you won't have this "problem"

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    My strategy has been to ignore people when I can't chat, and explain why when I get a chance to text them (which is *usually* sufficient as people tend to be understanding), but one person in particular is clearly becoming butthurt about that approach.

Tell him you're not interested. It's better to be blunt with guys than to toy with our feelings. It's better to beat us behind the bush than drag us around it.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Tell him you're not interested. It's better to be blunt with guys than to toy with our feelings. It's better to beat us behind the bush than drag us around it.
    She's one of those girls

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Grow up. Learn how to communicate with others and you won't have this "problem"
    Did you not notice the point of the thread, or are you too busy becoming enraged over absolutely nothing?

Lemme guess, no one talks to you and you're sad about it. Therapy would be a good option for you.

Are you in middle school?

Just fucking ignore them, jesus. You don't need a masters in Psychology to get that.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do I tell people nicely that I have better things to do than text all day long?
    You could always go with the "I'm at work but I'll get back to you later" -- If they don't get that then block them.

Before I met my wife I had the same problem with a woman who wanted to text all day....I eventually had to block her because it became a distraction from my work.

It's not that I'm not interested, I'm just uninterested in talking to anyone 24/7 period. Especially when I have shit like work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Are you in middle school?

Just fucking ignore them, jesus.
    She must be in middle school if her "problem" is a self-made one

- - - Updated - - -

It's not that I'm not interested, I'm just uninterested in talking to anyone 24/7 period. Especially when I have shit like work to do.
    Then act like an adult.

Then tell him you're at work and you'll text him later?

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Guys don't take hints, so be straightforward. A simple Hey, I'm at work and don't want to be texting so please stop will go a long way. Or just respond with dick pics to everything, whatever works
    Lol I don't have spare dick pics lying around. I tried that approach initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    That's what I do! lol and it works great!
    "don't let anyone with bad eyebrows tell you shit about life"

Then tell him you're at work and you'll text him later?
    She doesn't care for advice, she just wants to make mmo-c think people actually care to text her