Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    But I don't have any problem with oil free sunscreen gels, and do have to wonder if there isn't a compound in cream based moisturizers and makeup, that's been effecting me. Which is entirely possible.
    That's what I mean. It almost sounds like your skin reacts to something that's common in all of those things (I don't know why, but dimethicone comes to mind, since it's in almost every moisturizer and foundation these days).
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    And then people wonder why their kids look so ugly.

Someone went to mate with ugly woman behind makeup and surgeries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The other day I was sitting around and saw a picture poking fun at women who wear make up. It basically said along the lines that they want a man who is honest, yet they hide their true looks behind a mask called makeup. It got me thinking about how some women are really skilled with makeup, and how some look drastically different when they don't wear any.

That brings me to my question, do you approve of makeup? Do you think a women should wear makeup as a means to make themselves look and seem more appealing to others while men typically can't wear makeup, or wont?
    Indifferent.

Most normal girls use a little bit.

The ones that look like barbie dolls I find amusing. I really want to run up to one of them someday and wipe their face with a wet wash cloth and see how much of their face falls off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    The Ruby Woo vs Russian Red debate is a real one. Think about that.
    Ruby has more pink it from an initial glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post

Yeaaaa that is super "clever" until you realize the power of setting spray... and other products~
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2016-05-22 at 02:41 AM.

That's just a range of "hygiene" but by the end of the list I'd say that a fragrance with added pheromones probably goes beyond foundation and blush. Lifts probably strike some as dishonest, but high heels probably get a pass. Why?
    My point is that its much different to want to be hygienic, and in trying to alter your appearance drastically. A tattoo isn't the same thing, thats permanent. Facial hair is in the same boat. If you have a beard and maintain it at a specific length, thats more akin to permanent.

Just watch the video - she actively tells people how to make themselves look thinner etc.. how is that the same as simply cleaning yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's interesting

Think about bald men who wear wigs, we laugh at them and we think of wigs as deceitful - if you're bald, don't pretend to have a head full of hair!

It's socially unacceptable to wear a wig because it's weird to wear fake hair on your head - but isn't wearing fake eyelashes, fake skin colour even more bizarre?

And aren't hair extensions just wigs for girls?
    This was my real point. Its deceitful. Imagine dating a man and around date 10 his wig falls off... I'm sure you'd feel lied to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    consider that with men its acceptable to be bald or have thinner hair, not so much for women.
    Since when? Thats an undesirable trait for sure...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz
    And then people wonder why their kids look so ugly. Someone went to mate with ugly woman behind makeup and surgeries.
    I suspect those pictures are as much camera shenanigans as makeup. Compare the two pictures for how her hair is shown and to me it looks like the hair in the first picture is in sharper focus. Look at the hands, in the second picture her hand looks washed out. Notice that her hand in the second picture covers the apparent dark mark beside her lower lip, they've also re-positioned her head to present her face in a more flattering angle.

From the words in the second picture "Three Custom Colors Highlighting Powder" I'm guessing the picture is related to http://www.threecustom.com/pages.php?pageid=11 That would explain the camera tricks.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan
    Just watch the video
    We don't do that much over here, something about the Great Firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan
    how is that the same as simply cleaning yourself?
    You're dodging the point. You're making artificial distinctions. How to make yourself look thinner? A few whacks on Google and you'll see there are people touting certain fashion choices to do the same thing (search -- what to wear to look thinner). Clothes must be dishonest too.

You probably shower. You may even use deodorant. You see those things as hygiene, and since you do them you don't see yourself as dishonest. You probably don't wear makeup, so you judge others for what you don't do.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2016-05-22 at 03:24 AM. Reason: avoiding chain posting
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

You need to do the day hike. It also weeds out the lazy trash and lets face it, you probably need a good hike anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Do not approve. If you are pretty, no makeup is necessary. If ugly, no amount of makeup will make you pretty. Ironically, those who use a lot of makeup look ugly to me.
    What if we're not doing it for you in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

I hate to break it to you, but waterproof makeup is a thing.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    That's what I mean. It almost sounds like your skin reacts to something that's common in all of those things (I don't know why, but dimethicone comes to mind, since it's in almost every moisturizer and foundation these days).
    Actually, that sounds very possible. Wonder if I can get tested for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, that sounds very possible. Wonder if I can get tested for it.
    You can go to an allergist and they would be able to do a scratch test on your back, possibly. They could at least narrow down what might be causing it. Of course, you might not be able to find anything commercially produced that you could wear if it's a very widespread ingredient, but you could get something specially made.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    You can go to an allergist and they would be able to do a scratch test on your back, possibly. They could at least narrow down what might be causing it. Of course, you might not be able to find anything commercially produced that you could wear if it's a very widespread ingredient, but you could get something specially made.
    You know, I've had those scratch tests done, and they weren't able to determine anything, but maybe they just weren't testing for the right chemical compounds. I do have an allergist, so I'll see what he says.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    The other day I was sitting around and saw a picture poking fun at women who wear make up. It basically said along the lines that they want a man who is honest, yet they hide their true looks behind a mask called makeup. It got me thinking about how some women are really skilled with makeup, and how some look drastically different when they don't wear any.

That brings me to my question, do you approve of makeup? Do you think a women should wear makeup as a means to make themselves look and seem more appealing to others while men typically can't wear makeup, or wont?
    Yes. Women get old really fucking fast from 25 yrs of age, wear make up. Of course a chick doesn't have to and I don't have to be with that chick either.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    DOes anyone have recommendations for base that doesnt look flakey? i mean its likely because of my skin being dryish in parts, super oily in others but ive tried a ton of stuff (with and without moisture) and it all looks...rough.

You can't approve of something someone else wants to do, it isn't your business. And women should or shouldn't do anything. Are you getting married, buying a home, and popping out seven kids on the first date? No? Then let the girl know up front that you don't like makeup.

Another ridiculous thread on MMO-C.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    DOes anyone have recommendations for base that doesnt look flakey? i mean its likely because of my skin being dryish in parts, super oily in others but ive tried a ton of stuff (with and without moisture) and it all looks...rough.
    Yep, but it involves using intensive hydration moisturizer and using moisturizing masks on a weekly basis.

So start with a really good moisturizer for dry skin. Make sure to put some extra under your eyes, too, or use a hydrating primer there.
    Use the Too Faced Hangover Rx hydrating primer.
    Then for foundations, I highly recommend the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation (medium to full coverage), as it's hydrating and works like a breeze . I also recommend the L'Oreal Lumi True Match Cushion foundation, as well as the ItCosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream (which is also super hydrating).

Make sure you only set your undereyes with powder (and I recommend you use a HD setting powder, like the Elf HD powder or the Laura Mercier loose setting powder), because powder is going to cling to your dry spots.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, I've had those scratch tests done, and they weren't able to determine anything, but maybe they just weren't testing for the right chemical compounds. I do have an allergist, so I'll see what he says.

Thanks!
    I hope that helps.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks! My only concern is balancing that with my anti-acne stuff, which dries it out. I cant have excess moisture >.>

Which is why Ive given up on makeup beyond lipstick. Its so hard to balance with skincare when my skin requires both moisture for the drier than normal parts and dryness for my moister than normal parts.

When Im 60, I'll probaly be thankful though for this skin...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi
    i mean its likely because of my skin being dryish in parts, super oily in others but ive tried a ton of stuff (with and without moisture) and it all looks...rough.
    I gather that Korean face masks are catching on outside of Asia. Have you tried any of those to even out the dry parts?

[Bungee, who may have been marched through almost every makeup department in Beijing by virtue of having daughters. I think we might have missed one, maybe two. Fiancee #2 was in health and beauty care. Since my face was 20 years older than hers I may have gotten used as a lab rat a few times too.]

I see HeatherRae beat me to it, but I'm going to post to second her suggestion.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    thanks! My only concern is balancing that with my anti-acne stuff, which dries it out. I cant have excess moisture >.>

Which is why Ive given up on makeup beyond lipstick. Its so hard to balance with skincare when my skin requires both moisture for the drier than normal parts and dryness for my moister than normal parts.

When Im 60, I'll probaly be thankful though for this skin...
    You could try putting the intensive moisturizer on the parts that dry out, and using the anti-acne stuff for the sections that are oilier. You could also treat with a clarifying mask, or a clay mask. You don't have to apply a mask to your whole face, you can also mix and match the areas that need one type vs. another type of mask.

- - - Updated - - -

I gather that Korean face masks are catching on outside of Asia. Have you tried any of those to even out the dry parts?

[Bungee, who may have been marched through almost every makeup department in Beijing by virtue of having daughters. I think we might have missed one, maybe two. Fiancee #2 was in health and beauty care. Since my face was 20 years older than hers I may have gotten used as a lab rat a few times too.]

I see HeatherRae beat me to it, but I'm going to post to second her suggestion.
    I've never been to Korea or Beijin but someday I wanna go to see all the beauty treatments and stuff.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    - Exfoliate
    - Moisturize
    - Apply primer
    - Apply foundation
    huh. Never tried primer. Always just went straight to foundation, and still had flake issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been to Korea or Beijing but someday I wanna go to see all the beauty treatments and stuff.
    At the very least, I think you'd have fun. There is a substantial Korean community in Beijing so the Korean beauty stuff seems to be pretty popular here. When I checked to make sure that the Korean masks were available in the US, I noticed this article: http://hellogiggles.com/used-korean-...sks-four-days/ You might find it interesting since it shows the woman over several days of use.