Poll: Would you like every race to be able to use every hairstyle model?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

More hairstyles/beards/piercings.

I'd love to see more character customization options in WoW.

For a lot of the hairstyles, beards, piercings, etc, I feel like it wouldn't even be too hard. They've already got a lot of existing models that could just be copy pasted (and maybe resized a bit) from race to race to add a LOT more. For instance, there are plenty of goblin hairsyles that would work very well for orcs and trolls too. Or plenty of troll ones that would work for orcs and goblins. Hell, why not just let ANY race use ANY hairstyle? That would add the most options possible, it would please basically everyone since they're get more choices in general, and even if some people chose to have patchy undead hair wisps on a human, most people wouldn't.

Also, the absence of piercings is unfortunate. Even the races that already have piercings can't do as much as I'd like with them. Goblins have lots of piercing options, but they're all tied in with the nose, ears, and chin. Why can't I choose my chin, nose, ears, and piercings individually? And why can't any race choose to have those same piercing models? I'd love a septum piercing on my orc warrior, and definitely some Vol'Jin style gauges on my troll's ears. The troll's face paint is also tied to their tusks, and tied to specific colors. If we could choose paint style, tusk style, and paint color individually, it would be SO much better.

Tattoos as well. Everyone wants that. Although I did see some tattoo shirt models in Legion, I believe, so maybe we're getting some finally. They'd be a lot more work to create than just copy pasting existing hairstyles and piercings onto every race though. I feel like that's even more to ask.

Sure, some people may like certain races having exclusive looks, but plenty of other games have every hairstyle available to every race, and no one cries about that. Just the fact that WoW has always had such restrictions in character creation is what makes the difference notable.

I feel like some of these additions would be the perfect thing to add whenever Blizzard gets around to letting us play sub-races. I know that's also something a LOT of people have been asking for, and I can't imagine it'd be much different to add new skin/eye colors that already exist in the game files to the character creator. I can't really see this happening until possibly an expansion after Legion, but if we got a big update patch with this stuff DURING Legion, I'd be in heaven.

What do you all think? Feel free to discuss and/or disagree.

Deleted
    I would like to be able to choose individual facial features instead of having to pick from a limited selection of pre-made faces that all look like neanderthals (if you play humans); nose shape, jaw, mouth, eye color etc.

...and human facial hair got pretty much ruined by the model update; the only tolerable bear now looks like a bunch of icicles, and without a beard all the available heads are a no-no, so... time for my pally to run around wearing a closed greathelm full time.

At least, the alhpa worgen female hairstyles were awesome. But never reach the live game. Sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Deleted
    I think gnomes should get a 'Fro.

And yes, i know Afrasiabi already had that idea in classic.

The 'fro should be twice the size of the gnome.

I'd like humans to get some facials that don't look like pineapples. And some more gnome beards. The rest of the races can rot.

7+ Year Old Account
    I want a full beard on my orc! How can something with that much testosterone NOT grow a mustache?

- - - Updated - - -

And piercings for males! Tusk/nose rings for the win!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I'd like far more options for facial hair. The ones for humans and night elves are pathetic in all honesty. There's no good reason why they can't grow giant beards like a dwarf

Considering we can go to any barbershop, not just a racial one, I see no logical lore reason that all races wouldn't have access to all hairstyles. I could see maybe some races prefer some styles over others, but I suppose that gives a reason why the options aren't as much at character creation.

The one thing that has always bugged me is eye color being linked to face. If I like one particular face I'm stuck with green eyes, even though other faces have blue or brown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Humans need a long beard option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    100% agree
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Everyone does!

My worgen mage is supposed be an old Gandalf type but he doesn't have a proper beard OR gray hair in human form. Blizzard please. Better beards and give worgen the option to have gray hair.

Also, beards for trolls!
    Last edited by Danlion; 2016-05-22 at 06:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes! I've avoided playing humans just because even after the model update it looks like someone cut their hair with a weedwhacker. Their hairstyles are simply horrible and I don't understand why, when you have races like blood elf and night elf that it looks like they put actual time into.

If they let humans use other hairstyles I might not actually hate my human characters anymore.

I really wish female nelfs would get the long ponytail option that male nelfs and belfs have. The short cut-off one they have access to currently isnt nearly as nice looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saishiro View Post
    I really wish female nelfs would get the long ponytail option that male nelfs and belfs have. The short cut-off one they have access to currently isnt nearly as nice looking.
    I don't understand why the Barbershop doesn't give you the option to use any of the other races hairstyle

Anything that gives us more customization options would make me happy.

Deleted
    Mohawks for dwarves! I want my dwarf to be Dáin Ironfoot!

Deleted
    It will cost countless raid tiers... so no.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for more options, but I doubt just copypasting would work. Because of different head shape, attachment points and whatever else, it would need adjustments for each race and gender.

Deleted
    The choice of human features are atrocious. We don't even have a full, proper beard for human males (And the "pinecone" beard doesn't count).

I'd absolutely love more options, because they are sorely needed.