Deleted

Viability of Blood PvP in Legion Beta (Arena)?

Heya,

I've seen there are already a couple topics regarding Legion and PvP but this one is a bit more specific which is why I made another post.

I really love unholy and absolutely despise frost as a specc, recent trend seems to be that unholy is rather weak on the beta which would mean another expansion where DK's are forced into frost in PvP.

However I have been a fan of Blood ever since DK's came out. I loved ARP blood back then and I have more or less managed to make blood work in higher ratings in arena most seasons

- 2100 blood DK triple DPS in cata season 11 with rogue+ret+blood(3v3)
    - 2300 triple blood DK WoD season 1 (3v3) (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13123874358)
    - 2100 double blood season 9 cataclysm (2v2)
    - 2300 double blood season 15 (2v2)
    - 2200 gladiator warrior+blood DK WoD season 1 (2v2)

I'm aware that blood is regarded the scumbag specc but that doesn't change the fact that it often was super strong in almost every season but held down by not so experienced plyers who often play blood for it's power at very low arena rating/in BG's or people dismissing it as non-viable without actually trying to make it work in higher ratings and 3v3. Now I don't have beta access so I have no clue of blood's strength in arena there currently. Searching for footage has only left me with BG stuff.

Is there anyone with a bit of arena experience who is willing to try blood arena on the beta and give me their results and impressions? From the talent trees alone blood looks to be very powerful coupled with the artifact ability and some feedback on the beta PvP section leads to believe that tank damage output is very high currently

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by mmocfb72b6c64d; 2016-05-22 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naralix View Post
    Heya,

I've seen there are already a couple topics regarding Legion and PvP but this one is a bit more specific which is why I made another post.

I really love unholy and absolutely despise frost as a specc, recent trend seems to be that unholy is rather weak on the beta which would mean another expansion where DK's are forced into frost in PvP.

However I have been a fan of Blood ever since DK's came out. I loved ARP blood back then and I have more or less managed to make blood work in higher ratings in arena most seasons

- 2100 blood DK triple DPS in cata season 11 with rogue+ret+blood(3v3)
    - 2300 triple blood DK WoD season 1 (3v3) (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13123874358)
    - 2100 double blood season 9 cataclysm (2v2)
    - 2300 double blood season 15 (2v2)
    - 2200 gladiator warrior+blood DK WoD season 1 (2v2)

I'm aware that blood is regarded the scumbag specc but that doesn't change the fact that it often was super strong in almost every season but held down by not so experienced plyers who often play blood for it's power at very low arena rating/in BG's or people dismissing it as non-viable without actually trying to make it work in higher ratings and 3v3. Now I don't have beta access so I have no clue of blood's strength in arena there currently. Searching for footage has only left me with BG stuff.

Is there anyone with a bit of arena experience who is willing to try blood arena on the beta and give me their results and impressions? From the talent trees alone blood looks to be very powerful coupled with the artifact ability and some feedback on the beta PvP section leads to believe that tank damage output is very high currently

Thank you in advance!
    Wait for some more tuning.
    Balance is still bad overall.

How is blood in PvP ? I checked the traits and talents/PvP talents and it seems a good spec to PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Naralix View Post
    recent trend seems to be that unholy is rather weak on the beta which would mean another expansion where DK's are forced into frost in PvP.
    Unholy is one of the strongest PvP classes on Beta. Especially in BGs and 3s. Probably not as good in duels and double dps 2s though. Isn't Arena disabled in Beta right now?

15+ Year Old Account
    It just way too early to tell. Tuning has barely started. In arenas blood might be similiar to live: annoying but not really that dangerous. No burst, no real damage potential, just some selfheals.

I really doubt that tanks will be viable for PvP. People always hope before each expansion but they just dont fit in WoW PvP. If you have higher survivability you will lack on dmg so you can only be useful in BGs with defending or capturing. If you have around same or a bit more survivability as DPS and mediocre dmg you will just be gimped dps.
    So for competitive pvp i highly doubt tanks will be viable. For fun casual pvp... well any spec can be viable there

Deleted
    Hey Naralix, I made a thread about this some days ago so surely you didn't check first (about blood being viable in arena)

First of all, only bg's are open on beta, not arenas. Secondly I'm a 2.3k unholy player but I despised playing frost in all of WoD and I care only about the themes of unholy and blood, my two favourite themes ingame. I know blizzard changed the way tanks are suppose to be, by making their sustain damage more or less same as pure dps'es but without being godmode tanky or have any burst. Instead having utility and survivabillity. Blood isn't very tanky in the same sense as before I think, but you'll live very long with vampiric blood and consumption. But a good caster can burst you down when you're not ready and kite you aswell, I found the solution to deal with that is to talent dnd to slow people 70% and use it as a gap closer and a way to kite to many enemies, it worked very well.

The "Blood for Blood" talent increasing heartstrike by 100% and costing 5% hp is something I love, but it's what makes blood really do insane damage. I got 31 kills, 3 death my second bg on beta as blood. It felt pretty amazing but we'll see after tuning. One thing which is pushing me to hoping blood will be viable in 3s is that they're the only dk spec with both stun and silence, mass grip etc.

What I dislike about unholy is the fact festering wound mechaninc is very bad when you wanna switch targets, but sure, it'll be good in arena and rbg's for dot pressure I think, I just feel that they split unholy's damage in to many ways, so out dots will never be as deadly as affliction locks for example which is fine, but it just feels clunky. Miss MoP version of unholy and honestly, blood kinda feels like it.