Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Since it's apparently not obvious i'm taking the piss and am fully aware other nations spell and pronounce other words differently
    I dunno..... I was perfectly able to read capitalistic
    All you had to do was replacing the K with the C to get an English result.
    I got a German result too, Kapitalistisch.

I mean sometimes it's tricky, but that word was really simple.
    Ever been to the Netherlands?
    Funny language, but if you spend a little time, you can figure it out what stuff means, given you're either English or German.

But then, something might work to your disadvantage. You are not a cunning linguist
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Retarded straw-man argument
    Im sure your chinese friend there posed no danger to anyone around him and was probably a nice guy, but, unlike you, I can easily distinguish between the chinese and someone from a middle eastern dump.

They bring nothing good with them, nothing at all, I wonder which one of the two are more likely to suffer a death from "Blast Injury"
    Last edited by mmoc562c9bc7b0; 2016-05-22 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    Not really, we used to mock and bully people because they did stupid shit. We never attacked their believes, at least here in Peru you are not mocked for having a different religion. You atheist? No problem, whatever religion you had we never had a problem with it as long as they respected ours. And that seems to be the case in this video, the girl is asking to live her life following the religion she believes. Also I can recall Mooneye saying that teacher reinforce this attitude.
    Yeah, this is what a kurdish immigrant(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tino_Sanandaji) had to say about Sweden and immigrants and culture/religion.

Keep in mind that Sweden was never an easy country to integrate into culturally. Swedes tend to be reticent, solitary, and reserved. Theirs is a complex culture, full of subtle rules and opaque codes of conduct. Lutheran Sweden is defined by strong behavioral norms enforced through social pressure. Swedes are conformist and quite intolerant of deviation from group norms, whether it’s immigrants or Swedes who break with protocol. Immigrants who do not conform to expected behaviors are looked down upon and often sense low-level hostility in their private encounters with Swedes. Icy Scandinavia was never a particularly well-chosen testing ground for the multiculturalist experiment.
    Thirds, Sweden is a aggresively secular society, and that rubs off. I vividly remember that my teacher in the “Religion” class in high-school asked the class if anyone believed in god. Of perhaps 20 pupils, one ethnicly Swede girl cautiously raised her hand (I didn’t, I never believed in god even as a child in Iran, though I wish I could). The religion-teacher than proceeded to openly ridicule the poor girl for 5 minutes!
    If you ask Swedes if they think multiculturalism is good in abstract and undefined term, or if they have a positive view of immigrant, or if diversity enriches Sweden, large majorities of Swedes say yes. This is because multiculturalism is often understood as merely tolerance and anti-racism, and Swedes are tolerant and anti-racist. If you instead ask Swedes about the contents of multiculturalism – that immigrants do not need to adjust to Swedish culture – they soundly reject it. To thake a concrete example, 85% of Swedes reject Burkas. 66% say that there are some groups of immigrants incapable of adjusting to Swedish culture. A slight majority of Swedes says that “immigrants do not integrate largely because they don’t want to”. All these polls include the immigrants themselves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Considering it's illegal to cover our faces/heads completely in certain circumstances it is breaking the law to dress however you want, has nothing to do with religion.
    I'm sure those circumstances don't involve a 15 year old girl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Yeah... Amazes me how she's blaming the doctors saying the truth about her vitamin d deficiency, I have a deficiency despite not covering up like her and have to take supplements for it.
    I eat d-vitamin magnesium selen all year cus the nm 1 nemesis of the sun is Sweden and i sit in front my comp alot.
    And my hair/beard start to fall of like im a cat if i dont and i dont get as heavy seasonal depression if i do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    That's hyperbole. The punishment for being raped is only lashing, public humiliation and imprisonment now. Well, there is that legal grey area where you are already deprived of your identity as a human being so nobody will find you after your family kills you to "preserve your honor". But who's counting that?
    It's not hyperbole. That shit happens more often than you'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by elucidhz View Post
    It's not hyperbole. That shit happens more often than you'd think.
    Look man. Your jihad shaming has no place here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    Not really, we used to mock and bully people because they did stupid shit. We never attacked their believes, at least here in Peru you are not mocked for having a different religion. You atheist? No problem, whatever religion you had we never had a problem with it as long as they respected ours. And that seems to be the case in this video, the girl is asking to live her life following the religion she believes. Also I can recall Mooneye saying that teacher reinforce this attitude.
    The way I understand it (I might be wrong though), in Latin America religious views aren't a big deal in the eyes of society. You can follow any religion, and people will respect it and won't be bothered by it. I don't know how it is in Sweden, but I would guess that the recent events have changed it towards intolerance significantly. Where I used to live, people disagreeing with Christianity openly were ridiculed, both by kids and adults.

But yes, of course, teachers do that too. Nobody is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaranh View Post
    Im sure your chinese friend there posed no danger to anyone around him and was probably a nice guy, but, unlike you, I can easily distinguish between the chinese and someone from a middle eastern dump.

They bring nothing good with them, nothing at all, we all know which one is more likely to suffer a death from "Blast Injury"
    Huh? I was just pointing out the lack of logic in equating one case with a general tendency. You can't make any global conclusions based on one video.

"Nothing at all" is wrong, of course. Again, I have a friend from Iran here on campus, and she is amazing. She definitely enriches this society. You are making the same mistake again, only backwards: equating general tendency to absolute rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Are you fucking kidding? Do you even know what your own country is? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discri...#United_States

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/7...sts-in-America

Religion is still very important in your "OH-SO-ACCEPTING" society.

You do realise people in Europe make fun of Americans exactly for this reason? You have a lot more problems of discrimination than we do, yet you believe you're on some kind of ("holy ground").
    I AM a European, I live in the US and Europe.

Unlike you, I know what I am talking about from experience of both sides of the pond.

The daily kos... Great tennis there mister. How about the daily mail too?
    Maybe research your sources reputations first bit?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    "I am not", not "I aren't", have you ever considered typing in English and not Northern?
    No, stop oppressing my culture

If someone wants to live her/hes life the way they want its their choice if they are not affecting anyone else. So in my view leave her alone she just wants to show that she is fine with being Muslim and she does not want people to tell her she is wrong. This is a problem for her because its always Muslims that need to change not other people with different regions and lifestyles.For example you wont tell a Rastafari to not have dreadlocks or a christian to not wear a cross necklace.
    Be Free! <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I dunno..... I was perfectly able to read capitalistic
    All you had to do was replacing the K with the C to get an English result.
    I got a German result too, Kapitalistisch.

I mean sometimes it's tricky, but that word was really simple.
    Ever been to the Netherlands?
    Funny language, but if you spend a little time, you can figure it out what stuff means, given you're either English or German.

But then, something might work to your disadvantage. You are not a cunning linguist
    Now you've explained it DOH. You do know you just quoted me explaining I understood what it means just to explain what you already read me say
    Last edited by mmoc1f234b9ee4; 2016-05-22 at 12:15 PM.

It looks like first world problems had a baby with Muslim problems. "Oh noes, I have to sit next to a boy in class and Allah does not approve. I'm so oppressed. /wrists"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here comes the Batman trying to turn his tumblrina triggerstyle around and project it on to the discussion in order to shut it down as usual.
    It's funny cause I'm not even defending the girl in the OP, just making commentary on all the people getting triggered by it. I'll agree with what others have said, as it's the most accurate, she's a stupid teen doing stupid teen things.

Incoming, "I'm not triggered, you're triggered breh!"

It is always fun watching your tantrums on every page of "Muslim did a thing" "SJW did a thing" and "Feminist did a thing" threads.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    No, stop oppressing my culture
    Stubborn is not a culture.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It's funny cause I'm not even defending the girl in the OP, just making commentary on all the people getting triggered by it. I'll agree with what others have said, as it's the most accurate, she's a stupid teen doing stupid teen things.

It is always fun watching your tantrums on every page of "Muslim did a thing" "SJW did a thing" and "Feminist did a thing" threads.
    Yes. My "tantrums".

You're totally the voice of the rational and classic left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

Nah, it is just a general idea: "Someone said something stupid, let's talk about how stupid they are". It is what people do to feel significant, better than someone else. Muslims, "SJWs", etc. are just convenient targets for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    The way I understand it (I might be wrong though), in Latin America religious views aren't a big deal in the eyes of society. You can follow any religion, and people will respect it and won't be bothered by it. I don't know how it is in Sweden, but I would guess that the recent events have changed it towards intolerance significantly. Where I used to live, people disagreeing with Christianity openly were ridiculed, both by kids and adults.

But yes, of course, teachers do that too. Nobody is perfect.
    I'm aware nobody is perfect but when you have this shit happening:

Keep in mind that Sweden was never an easy country to integrate into culturally. Swedes tend to be reticent, solitary, and reserved. Theirs is a complex culture, full of subtle rules and opaque codes of conduct. Lutheran Sweden is defined by strong behavioral norms enforced through social pressure. Swedes are conformist and quite intolerant of deviation from group norms, whether it’s immigrants or Swedes who break with protocol. Immigrants who do not conform to expected behaviors are looked down upon and often sense low-level hostility in their private encounters with Swedes. Icy Scandinavia was never a particularly well-chosen testing ground for the multiculturalist experiment.
    Thirds, Sweden is a aggresively secular society, and that rubs off. I vividly remember that my teacher in the “Religion” class in high-school asked the class if anyone believed in god. Of perhaps 20 pupils, one ethnicly Swede girl cautiously raised her hand (I didn’t, I never believed in god even as a child in Iran, though I wish I could). The religion-teacher than proceeded to openly ridicule the poor girl for 5 minutes!
    It goes to tell something, perhaps its just sweden or atheism, IDK, but its something more than people not being perfect.

Look man. Your jihad shaming has no place here.
    Women are still being killed often after being raped, now it's just more informal.

Here comes the Batman trying to turn his tumblrina triggerstyle around and project it on to the discussion in order to shut it down as usual.
    That sounds like a music genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.