Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post

If gold is your primary objective, then you need to sell those xp pots. Remember they are 15 minutes each. That's a few thousand gold for a pitiful 15 minutes.
    If used right, 3 potions is all you need to get from 90 to 100 in just 2 hours. Ide say its worth buying them now for any alt youve got before they get rare if you want more 100s by Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    If used right, 3 potions is all you need to get from 90 to 100 in just 2 hours. Ide say its worth buying them now for any alt youve got before they get rare if you want more 100s by Legion.
    I don't know the math and I don't care to do it but the window for making it worth it is shrinking daily. Your follower count is reduced by one weekly.
    25 weeks from now Legion will be well started. You'll spend (assuming you're correct) 9-15k gold to save 4 hours of leveling on a toon that won't be able to maximize gold.

That's a fair amount of gold to get back *per toon* before Legion lands (remember, garrison stuff will change then so people don't come back, so you likely won't be able to farm gold like you can now with garrisons).

I just don't see how the math adds up to worth it with gold being the main objective.

Level those toons like normal and take the gold from quests and items instead.

You can also pretty quickly level to 100 using a single potion (for the big Gorgrond bonus objective stuff) and then just finish out the last couple levels flying around collecting treasures.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    I'd argue yes, yes it is.
    You're talking 25 weeks to get a single garrison fully stocked with and that's excluding fully leveling them all.
    Unless you plan on power leveling like a mother fucker across a weekend and starting right now, then I'd sell those xp buff potions and wait for legion.

Again, this is assuming the last bit: "and setup another gold making garrison"

If gold is your primary objective, then you need to sell those xp pots. Remember they are 15 minutes each. That's a few thousand gold for a pitiful 15 minutes. At the end of an expansion where there's almost no way you'll be able to finish out all your followers in time before the next expansion let alone get them to epic level *and* geared for the lucrative missions.

Just my two cents.
    25 weeks is bullshit, hardly need so much time to make fully operational garrison, can do it in one week, 2 max. Only time gate here is Harrison daily quests. You do not need 25 followers to make it work. Only less than 10 to include most traits.

I was subbed to WoD for about 3 months, that is hardly 15 weeks and I didn't even recruit new followers by the end cause I had enough treasure hunters.

Xp pots are another bullshit. I leveled over 10 alts from lvl 90 to 100 and only used garrison xp pots and ONE 15mins pot per char to finish 98-90 in spires. I got those pots from winter veil event and garrison missions. Did not buy a single one and still got some in reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    25 weeks is bullshit, hardly need so much time to make fully operational garrison, can do it in one week, 2 max. Only time gate here is Harrison daily quests. You do not need 25 followers to make it work. Only less than 10 to include most traits.

I was subbed to WoD for about 3 months, that is hardly 15 weeks and I didn't even recruit new followers by the end cause I had enough treasure hunters.

Xp pots are another bullshit. I leveled over 10 alts from lvl 90 to 100 and only used garrison xp pots and ONE 15mins pot per char to finish 98-90 in spires. I got those pots from winter veil event and garrison missions. Did not buy a single one and still got some in reserve.
    Then you didn't have a fully prepped garrison for gold, I assure you.
    Describe to me your standard garrison setup, I'm willing to bet it's not optimal. Did you also have a max level shipyard too?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post

25 weeks is as much of an exaggeration as 1 week. The highest amount of guaranteed treasure hunters you can get is 3, if you cheat a bit and grab another treasure hunter from the inn before and after reset. Everything else relies entirely on RNG. RNG on the traits you get from your other followers. Re-rolling is even more RNG and is also very taxing on garrison resources that are already going to be in short supply.

Deleted
    You got to also factor in how much you enjoy doing it. Relogging for repetitive and mandane things is pain. I personally find it a good idea to go multiple garrisons only if you had to have those alts in the first place for other reasons other than just gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Almost feels like people got bribed into staying with the gold production garrisons gave them. >:
    I agree. It's not worth the sub fee. But with tokens for gold, I can justify it.

u sit in garrison and u make gold

If you really need gold, the most reliable way is farming cata raids. DS25HC+FL25HC+BOT25HC+BWD25HC take like 1 hour and a half to clear and gives an average of 7k-8k gold per character per week.

Garrisons require a lot of time to setup, especially since 6.2 where the gold from garrisons was split into the shipyard after the nerf to the missions. The shipyards takes ta long ime to be set up. Since prepatch may be coming in July, you would have only 1 month to set it up and you will not get positive returns from it.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

Hopefully I can still get some gold from this

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sooo..how do you do it? If you are a new guy..as people asking for gold advice are...you need to complete 10 heroics to get the Inn at lv 3. Every week you can only recruit one treasure hunter.

I am really interested in how you guys do it. Unlocking a full garrisons at lv 3 is closing in on 20K and a good deal of collected resources. A bit less if you skip on the lv 3 barracks and profession buildings..as lv 2 indeed suffices.

Where did your 7-10 treasure hunters come from in those 1-2 weeks?
    With lvl 3 Inn you get more more gold missions but that doesn't mean that with just lvl 2 you are not getting any. As soon as you complete any gold mission you are making profit. Of course to maximize the profit you are trying to get more missions and treasure hunters.
    Most of my chars don't have barracks at all. When I send my followers to gold mission in the morning/evening there are still some treasure hunters left doing no extra profit as any other followers. I use dwarven bunker and replaced barracks with stables. Being able to interact with objects while mounted is super handy when doing Harrison chains on alts or picking up treasures in Tanaan for gear tokens to gear them up.
    The goal is to get 20 followers and level them up. Every green/blue follower without TH trait is still a possible TH. At blue and purple they get new traits. Just collect as many followers in Dreanor as you can, level them up and wish yourself luck. I always get at least 5 treasure hunters this way. Leeroy, Croman and Millhouse are the best to start with since they are already purple.

What you really need to start with is:
    -collect followers around Draenor and level them up
    -lvl 2 Inn
    -lvl 2 JC building with working follower (for ore trade or gem crafting dailies, do not craft jewelery)
    -mine (with follower, for free ore)
    - salvage yard (lvl 3)

later add (when you can):
    -lvl 3 inn
    -dwarven bunker (gonna need those follower upgrades!)
    -trading post
    -barracks if you really want to
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2016-06-01 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by viktormmo View Post
    Hopefully I can still get some gold from this
    There's still gold to be made it's just not anywhere near as much as it used to be.

Also everyone expecting garrison gold nerf when legion hits... im expecting it when prepatch hits... and this is probably mid july, so enjoy 1.5month (and not 3 months) more of garrison gold missions

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Ooookay, so everyone needs to be a Treasure Hunter then - which means that an Inn per each Garrison is pretty much mandatory?
    Treasure hunters and Barn/Trading post.

-If trading post, get scavengers. Scavengers double your resources, and you can sell resources at your trading post.

- If barn, farm elite wolves in Nagrand and sell the savage blood (depending on your server economy. I sell em for about 110 each. I also have 2 barns on two alts so I'm making bank on those)

-Also depending on your economy, felblight from Kazzak. Kill him on all your characters. Sell it on the AH, but put a few up at the time so you control the supply. Don't flood the market and cost yourself gold.

Fly around the world and recruit all followers you can from quests/dungeons/world etc. If you're lucky you can pick up some treasure hunters easily.

..but as others have said, by the time you get things up and running, we'll be half way to Legion.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2016-06-01 at 07:39 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Ooookay, so everyone needs to be a Treasure Hunter then - which means that an Inn per each Garrison is pretty much mandatory?
    You also need the fully upgraded Barracks, which gives you 5 more followers for a total of 25, which means more treasure hunters and more possible combo abilities to counter the 675 missions.

I also took every one of my alts into asharan and gained over 4k honor, at which point your garrison mission table will start spawning the honor / gold missions, as well as the champions honor token missions (which up until recently they were selling for 10-15k each, but now are selling for 8-12k each).

More gold mission possibilities are key.

I didn't go this far, but if you take your alts through mythic Highmaul and kill at least 9 mythic bosses (obviously over the span of a couple weeks), your weekly highmaul treasure chest mission will not only give you an ilvl 685 mythic highmaul item, but also 1k gold. If you did that on all your alts thats an extra 11k per week. Also the same applies to Black Rock Foundry, you get 1k g in addition to the mythic item chest if you have killed at least 15 mythic bosses.

So if you did that on 11 chars on a server, you would have an extra 22k a week just in boxes alone. Then add up all your gold missions / champions honor tokens / elixirs of rapid mind / medallions of the legion / ogre cache / frozen arms of a hero... you can easily make 100k a week, or more.

Some weeks I make 150k+, but most weeks i make around 80k, especially since I don't work my garrisons as hard as I used to because im now a WoW "millionaire" I don't really care about gold anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So if you did that on 11 chars on a server, you would have an extra 22k a week just in boxes alone. Then add up all your gold missions / champions honor tokens / elixirs of rapid mind / medallions of the legion / ogre cache / frozen arms of a hero... you can easily make 100k a week, or more.
    and this is where your story doesn't add up, you're saying 1k mythic cache, well anyone worth their salt used TH's to make it 3-4k gold per cache, also this was nerfed to remove all gold in 6.2 when HFC released also this added the 675 rare missions that could give champions honor/medallion/elixir of the rapid mind.

so getting that "22k" for 11 chars from caches, and the 675 rare missions was never possible, since both didn't exist at the same time, one was nerfed as the other was added to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You also need the fully upgraded Barracks, which gives you 5 more followers for a total of 25, which means more treasure hunters and more possible combo abilities to counter the 675 missions.

I also took every one of my alts into asharan and gained over 4k honor, at which point your garrison mission table will start spawning the honor / gold missions, as well as the champions honor token missions (which up until recently they were selling for 10-15k each, but now are selling for 8-12k each).

More gold mission possibilities are key.

I didn't go this far, but if you take your alts through mythic Highmaul and kill at least 9 mythic bosses (obviously over the span of a couple weeks), your weekly highmaul treasure chest mission will not only give you an ilvl 685 mythic highmaul item, but also 1k gold. If you did that on all your alts thats an extra 11k per week. Also the same applies to Black Rock Foundry, you get 1k g in addition to the mythic item chest if you have killed at least 15 mythic bosses.

Some weeks I make 150k+, but most weeks i make around 80k, especially since I don't work my garrisons as hard as I used to because im now a WoW "millionaire" I don't really care about gold anymore.
    Boxes don't give 1000g anymore.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Between just gold missions and reselling the few rare pots/tokens/medallions... you should easily average 1000g a day per toon.

Most of my 21 of my toons have tailoring too... for another easy 15-20k per week.

Is there time to capitalize on it now? Yes... I made 2 million in 2 months. But wait much longer and you will hit Patch 7.0 (prepatch) and it's nerfed completely.

I used Madseaonshow's youtuber's gold guide... EXCELLENT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Qb...ztiPdp7Xd2JLKL

im pulling about ~50-60k from both garrison&shipyard missions per day on my 37lvl100 chars. This is without salvage yard boxes (about 1k/week/char from vendoring) and without medalions/elixirs/honor tokens im geting from missions. Garrisons gives me ~2mil gold / month. Im not doing JC dailys and crap like that, because even maintaining this is already way to much of a boring shit.
    Last edited by SoLoR1; 2016-06-01 at 08:29 PM.